The teams in Class A

Re: 2012 Playoffs - CHAMPIONSHIP

Postby farkas31 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:13 am

29-8 Hazen ....
farkas31
NDPreps Reserve

Postby farkas31 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:39 am

29-8 Hazen at half .... Hazen looked like they lost some intensity after the big lead .... Should be a good 2nd half ...
farkas31
NDPreps Reserve

Postby A - Football Fan » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:22 pm

Currently stuck in Afghanistan, please keep the scores coming so I can keep up to date on the games....appreciate it guys.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby In_the_Know » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:30 pm

legacy382 wrote:
Indy5 wrote:Westhope lost to Bottineau. Bottineau went on to win 1 game all year in AA. Now, AA is a lot better but still, Bottineau wasn't very good. Hazen lost to Beulah in a close game. Beulah had 1 loss during the regular season and made it to the semifinals of AA. So tell me who's better...

I believe there is no difference between AA and A. Last year Park River lost to Grafton 8-0 and no one other than Park River even came near that close to beating Grafton. Who cleaned up AA for an undefeated season. You also have to realize injuries play a huge factor into this, AA will most of the time have more starter caliber players on the bench ready to go out there if something happens. A not so much. But comparing starter to starter they are almost identical in player ability, there are always exceptions to this both ways though.

You should have got in on last years discussion about Grafton. People were posting that Grafton would have won the AAA east in 2011. You should have posted that Park River would have taken 2nd! The way the A and AA football teams switch division every two years you might be right.

One thing you might need to acknowledge as well there are rivalries between small towns that might make the games closer than they should. I'm guessing the Park River kids did not want to lose to the Grafton team in football. Doesn't Park River and Grafton co-op in hockey or some other sport? Maybe I'm wrong. I know Hazen and Beulah played a close game as well at the beginning of the year as well.
In_the_Know
NDPreps Reserve

Postby farkas31 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:38 pm

42-22 Hazen end of third
farkas31
NDPreps Reserve

Postby farkas31 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:45 pm

49-22 BISON
farkas31
NDPreps Reserve

Postby farkas31 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:54 pm

55-22 BISON
farkas31
NDPreps Reserve

Postby farkas31 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:58 pm

55-28 BISON
farkas31
NDPreps Reserve

Postby The Schwab » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:08 pm

I think we need to take a look at seeding east vs west at the start of the playoffs.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby farkas31 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:10 pm

Hazen 55
WNG 28
farkas31
NDPreps Reserve

Postby OKCfan » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:55 pm

Who was the senior athlete for all 4 regions? And for state?
OKCfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:55 pm

Class A
State Coach of the Year: Rick Philion (Hazen)
State Senior Athlete of the Year: Abe Roerich (Stanley-Powers Lake)
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Jenkman » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:30 pm

That was a discusting game to watch in all honesty. Way to many personal fouls/late hits.
Kids were hitting high and tackling at the helmets. This was not something both schools should be proud off.
I can't stand it when kids lose their tempers like this. Was impressed with the speed of Hazen, the Braaten kid for Westhope played well too.
Jenkman
NDPreps Starter

Postby Truce » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:14 pm

I think borneman broke wade Kittlesons rushing record. And Hazen broke the team scoring record also
Truce
NDPreps Starter

Postby bison football73 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:59 am

Jenkman wrote:That was a discusting game to watch in all honesty. Way to many personal fouls/late hits.
Kids were hitting high and tackling at the helmets. This was not something both schools should be proud off.
I can't stand it when kids lose their tempers like this. Was impressed with the speed of Hazen, the Braaten kid for Westhope played well too.

I'm sorry but being from Hazen I kind of take this personally. Did Hazen have a personal foul/late hit call? I am pretty sure the only kind of penalty like that was a personal foul face mask on a Bornemann stiff arm. Westhope got a little chippy and got a lot of personal foul penalties and that showed on the scoreboard. Those penalties took them out of a lot of drives and gave Hazen some extra yards on drives.

Don't try and take anything away from a team that worked their butts off all season. This was Hazen's first championship win since 96, something they should be dang proud of. So don't say they shouldn't be proud because they are proud of that game and they should be.

Hazen didn't punt the entire game. They broke the scoring record for a team at the Dakota Bowl. Briar Bornemann ran for 286 yards, breaking Wade Kittleson's record that stood for 15 years. Yet you are saying they shouldn't be proud of this game? You have got to be kidding me. I find it disgusting (<actually spelled correctly) that a guy is taking away from a game like that.

The game got emotional at times, as it should be. It's the state championship game for goodness sake. If you don't get emotional there is something wrong.
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indy5 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:31 pm

The Schwab wrote:
Indy5 wrote:First off, it won't change because they media markets will not allow their AAA schools to play at 9 in the morning. Secondly, I like going 9man, A, AA, AAA. You get to see the evolution of football and the jump in talent from level to level. And I'm sorry, but there is no way I'd ever want to watch a 9-man game over a AA or AAA game.

You obviously didn't watch the 9 man title game last year, by far the best state title game I've seen

O I was there. And my brother and I left at halftime to go eat because we were bored. Didn't hardly see any "routes" run. Just snap the ball and run around.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:46 pm

legacy382 wrote:
Indy5 wrote:Westhope lost to Bottineau. Bottineau went on to win 1 game all year in AA. Now, AA is a lot better but still, Bottineau wasn't very good. Hazen lost to Beulah in a close game. Beulah had 1 loss during the regular season and made it to the semifinals of AA. So tell me who's better...

I believe there is no difference between AA and A. Last year Park River lost to Grafton 8-0 and no one other than Park River even came near that close to beating Grafton. Who cleaned up AA for an undefeated season. You also have to realize injuries play a huge factor into this, AA will most of the time have more starter caliber players on the bench ready to go out there if something happens. A not so much. But comparing starter to starter they are almost identical in player ability, there are always exceptions to this both ways though.

Well what you just said about depth proves one point as to why AA teams are better. That doesn't just apply to injuries, it applies to rotating kids in games as well. It is unbelievable how much it helps when you have a deep line and kids can get a break or just play one way. And I will give you that the top A teams would be competitive in AA. The bottom teams would get smacked week in, week out.

I'll use Bottineau as an example again because they played two A teams. Now, I know Williams County wasn't good, but they did almost make the playoffs and Bottineau beat them 43-6. Also Milnor-North Sargent I beleive was in the A quarterfinals and they got beat 45-13 to Lisbon, who finished 6th in the east in AA.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:15 pm

Indy5 wrote:
The Schwab wrote:
Indy5 wrote:First off, it won't change because they media markets will not allow their AAA schools to play at 9 in the morning. Secondly, I like going 9man, A, AA, AAA. You get to see the evolution of football and the jump in talent from level to level. And I'm sorry, but there is no way I'd ever want to watch a 9-man game over a AA or AAA game.

You obviously didn't watch the 9 man title game last year, by far the best state title game I've seen

O I was there. And my brother and I left at halftime to go eat because we were bored. Didn't hardly see any "routes" run. Just snap the ball and run around.

Well everyone is entitled to their opinion I guess and randy moss has made quite the career in the nfl out of "just running around"
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby timberwolf » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:15 pm

Indy5 wrote:
legacy382 wrote:

Well what you just said about depth proves one point as to why AA teams are better. That doesn't just apply to injuries, it applies to rotating kids in games as well. It is unbelievable how much it helps when you have a deep line and kids can get a break or just play one way. And I will give you that the top A teams would be competitive in AA. The bottom teams would get smacked week in, week out.

I'll use Bottineau as an example again because they played two A teams. Now, I know Williams County wasn't good, but they did almost make the playoffs and Bottineau beat them 43-6. Also Milnor-North Sargent I beleive was in the A quarterfinals and they got beat 45-13 to Lisbon, who finished 6th in the east in AA.

Just to clarify.. MNS was short a couple starters that game and i believe two more starters left at halftime. That being said, if mns and lisbon played now I would pick Mns by 1 or 2 scores..the younger players are way more experienced now
Run4Happiness
timberwolf
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indy5 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:26 pm

The Schwab wrote:
Indy5 wrote:
The Schwab wrote:

Well everyone is entitled to their opinion I guess and randy moss has made quite the career in the nfl out of "just running around"

Haha there's one exception. And it wasn't so much going deep like Moss as it was just roaming around while the QB instantly scrambled.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby timberwolf » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:29 pm

However to add on... I think there is more of a difference in the bad AA teams compared to the bad A teams..i dont see much of a difference in talent between the two divisions... i could see a good AA team losing to a good A team. AA teams with have a bigger quanity of quality players but not neccesarily better players
Run4Happiness
timberwolf
NDPreps Starter

Postby Jenkman » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:04 pm

bison football73 wrote:
Jenkman wrote:That was a discusting game to watch in all honesty. Way to many personal fouls/late hits.

I'm sorry but being from Hazen I kind of take this personally. Did Hazen have a personal foul/late hit call? I am pretty sure the only kind of penalty like that was a personal foul face mask on a Bornemann stiff arm. Westhope got a little chippy and got a lot of personal foul penalties and that showed on the scoreboard. Those penalties took them out of a lot of drives and gave Hazen some extra yards on drives.

Don't try and take anything away from a team that worked their butts off all season. This was Hazen's first championship win since 96, something they should be dang proud of. So don't say they shouldn't be proud because they are proud of that game and they should be.

Hazen didn't punt the entire game. They broke the scoring record for a team at the Dakota Bowl. Briar Bornemann ran for 286 yards, breaking Wade Kittleson's record that stood for 15 years. Yet you are saying they shouldn't be proud of this game? You have got to be kidding me. I find it disgusting (<actually spelled correctly) that a guy is taking away from a game like that.

The game got emotional at times, as it should be. It's the state championship game for goodness sake. If you don't get emotional there is something wrong.

Holy smokes, that not what I was talking about. Did I ever say they should not be proud of a championship, no! I was saying all the scruffy plays, personal fouls, late hits were not something to be proud of. 90% came from Westhope though. Borneman could have been called for that fask mask 3-4 times though. He is an absolute stud at football, fun to watch! I believe he is a junior right? Going to be a stud again next year.
Jenkman
NDPreps Starter

Postby bison football73 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:08 pm

Jenkman wrote:
bison football73 wrote:

Holy smokes, that not what I was talking about. Did I ever say they should not be proud of a championship, no! I was saying all the scruffy plays, personal fouls, late hits were not something to be proud of. 90% came from Westhope though. Borneman could have been called for that fask mask 3-4 times though. He is an absolute stud at football, fun to watch! I believe he is a junior right? Going to be a stud again next year.

Westhope had 99 percent of those calls. So don't lump Hazen into saying they shouldn't be proud of that because they weren't the ones getting all of the personal foul calls
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Postby Tide04 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:33 pm

The guy is giving you a positive comment....accept it and enjoy your moment.
Tide04
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Jenkman » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:30 pm

bison football73 wrote:
Jenkman wrote:
bison football73 wrote:

Westhope had 99 percent of those calls. So don't lump Hazen into saying they shouldn't be proud of that because they weren't the ones getting all of the personal foul calls

You clearly do not understand what im trying to say hill. Both teams had a FEW plays that were dirty, and most people saw it. That's all I'm saying. I was sitting on the Hazen side and by Hazen fans. They clearly saw plays on Hazens team they didn't like. Me rooting for Hazen, I even talked to fans during the game and they agreed. I'm not taking anything away from Hazen, you just don't see what I'm trying to say! Congrats to the Hazen players and especially there QB. He played a class act game. Really had control of his team.
Jenkman
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to A