Predictions for State 2012

The teams in Class A

Predictions for State 2012

Postby fball4life » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:40 pm

I know its already one round in, but I thought it would be fun to see who you guys THINK will be playing in the state game?
fball4life
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Predictions for State 2012

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:50 pm

Stanley-Powers Lake seems to be the favorite
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby fball4life » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:55 pm

ya that i think is the favorite from that side of the bracket but what about the other side?...seems tough to decide..who do you see it being?
fball4life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:02 pm

fball4life wrote:ya that i think is the favorite from that side of the bracket but what about the other side?...seems tough to decide..who do you see it being?

Milnor-North Sargent is riding high right now...but Langdon seems to be the favorite on the other side
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby baller269 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:28 pm

I agree Milnor- North Sargent is a scary team to play.
baller269
NDPreps Rookie

Postby fball4life » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:10 pm

baller269 wrote:I agree Milnor- North Sargent is a scary team to play.

So are you picking milnor to play in the state game?
fball4life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Sniper » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:02 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:Stanley-Powers Lake seems to be the favorite

Hazen would be very tough for them. It doesnt seem like they have the speed that Hazen does.
Sniper
NDPreps All-State

Postby fball4life » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:16 pm

Sniper wrote:

Hazen would be very tough for them. It doesnt seem like they have the speed that Hazen does.

So are you picking Hazen to be in the state game?...and if so vs who?
fball4life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Sniper » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:33 pm

fball4life wrote:
Sniper wrote:

Yeah. Hazen vs. Langdon
Sniper
NDPreps All-State

Postby fball4life » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:46 pm

that's an interesting matchup speaking that both teams play very fast!...guess we'll have to see...best of luck to all teams remaining!
fball4life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby kaybee94 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:20 am

Sniper wrote:
fball4life wrote:
Sniper wrote:

Yeah. Hazen vs. Langdon

Watched Hazen twice this year. Last game I watched them play was Berthold. They won easily, but more because Berthold was not very good. This is not a team that will be able to make it to state. Hate to burst their bubble (again and again and again)
kaybee94
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baller269 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:56 am

fball4life wrote:
baller269 wrote:I agree Milnor- North Sargent is a scary team to play.

So are you picking milnor to play in the state game?

They have a good chance. I heard they are playing well right now they have a good running game and the defense is very good against the run. They will have a tough game this week it should be a good one.
baller269
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:32 pm

kaybee94 wrote:
Sniper wrote:
fball4life wrote:
Sniper wrote:

Yeah. Hazen vs. Langdon

Watched Hazen twice this year. Last game I watched them play was Berthold. They won easily, but more because Berthold was not very good. This is not a team that will be able to make it to state. Hate to burst their bubble (again and again and again)

Interesting since they are in the State Playoffs...
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby kaybee94 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:14 pm

Pardon me. What I meant to say is make it to the State Championship game.
kaybee94
NDPreps Reserve

Postby classBdude » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:32 am

I am going to brutally honest about this topic...and I am sure I will get a bunch of flack for this post. But the title game will be won by 1 of these 4 teams.

Killdeer
SPL
Hazen
Heart River

The reason you don't see an east team on there, it is because the talent is just not there to be a state champion team. Don't get me wrong, one team will make it....but right now the Semi Finals are being played in the west. Hazen should beat Heart River and Killdeer/SPL is a toss up. Like I said I know some of my fellow "easties" will be upset...but if you look at the numbers it doesn't add up in our favor! But good luck to all! Just my honest opinion!
classBdude
NDPreps Reserve

Postby OKCfan » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:05 am

Tough to disagree with you there because of both region champs goin down in the opening round. I know it would be a hassle and a lot of travelling, but I wouldn't mind seeing some cross-bracketing in the quarters and semis just to ensure that the top two teams in the state get to meet in the title game.
OKCfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Patriot1 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:08 pm

OKCfan wrote:Tough to disagree with you there because of both region champs goin down in the opening round. I know it would be a hassle and a lot of travelling, but I wouldn't mind seeing some cross-bracketing in the quarters and semis just to ensure that the top two teams in the state get to meet in the title game.

I agree with the cross-bracketing thing. If I recall correctly, last year Stanley-PL eked by Hazen, so that was, in effect, the championship game between the two best remaining teams -- unfortunately, it wasn't the 'official' championship...

And it's not like some of these teams aren't already travelling pretty far in the playoffs.
Patriot1
NDPreps Rookie

Postby fball4life » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:26 pm

classBdude wrote:I am going to brutally honest about this topic...and I am sure I will get a bunch of flack for this post. But the title game will be won by 1 of these 4 teams.

Killdeer
SPL
Hazen
Heart River

The reason you don't see an east team on there, it is because the talent is just not there to be a state champion team. Don't get me wrong, one team will make it....but right now the Semi Finals are being played in the west. Hazen should beat Heart River and Killdeer/SPL is a toss up. Like I said I know some of my fellow "easties" will be upset...but if you look at the numbers it doesn't add up in our favor! But good luck to all! Just my honest opinion!

Strongly disagree I mean I get your opinion...but look at Larimore ranked 2nd in the state and MNS came into there house and won....they have won like 6 straight of a slow start but have obviously improved and they look really good doing it....and Langdon is a very talented team with 4 running backs which can all run the ball with a very athletic line and they were ranked 6th in state so I think this thing is not over yet....it's high school football anything can happen!!
fball4life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby wan2bqb » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:10 pm

While I agree cross bracketing can make things seem more benificial but look at this years travel and you will see that with bracketing some of these teams would have to be on the road and in motels for one-two- three possibly four consectutive weekends. Factor in $4 something diesel and the cost of rooms and you have prohibitive cost for some of these school districts that are squeeking by. While I agree on paper it looks great but isnt that the point of football. Any team can beat anybody on any given weekend. Its the classic David vs Goliath. If you cross bracket then I believe you would have to limit the number of entries making the playoffs possiblly to eight to help defray costs. But then you would eliminate 3 of the remaining eight teams #3 heart river and two #4's MNS and PR-FL. It's entirely possible that two #4's could meet in the east regional final. Could anyone argue that MNS doesn't deserve it having beaten at the time they played them, #4 in state Oakes, #3 in state MVE and #2 in state Larimore. And while i havent seen every team play. I am sure that no one would come on here and declare any one team unbeatable. If one team beats another in the east or west region final then they made the big game, and i guess they might get an "inferior" team. But they still had to win sometime. As they say you put your pants on the same, one leg at a time, we both wear pads, so let's play the game and find out who's the better team on that day. The beauty of football. Love this time of year. My $.02 Look forward to your thoughts.
wan2bqb
NDPreps Starter

Postby HSsportFan » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:33 pm

fball4life wrote:
classBdude wrote:I am going to brutally honest about this topic...and I am sure I will get a bunch of flack for this post. But the title game will be won by 1 of these 4 teams.

Killdeer
SPL
Hazen
Heart River

Strongly disagree I mean I get your opinion...but look at Larimore ranked 2nd in the state and MNS came into there house and won....they have won like 6 straight of a slow start but have obviously improved and they look really good doing it....and Langdon is a very talented team with 4 running backs which can all run the ball with a very athletic line and they were ranked 6th in state so I think this thing is not over yet....it's high school football anything can happen!!

I have to agree with OKC and ClassBDude about the winner coming out of the West. Why should this be a surprise to anyone since there has only been 3 Class A Champions, Velva, Stanley-PL and Harvey and with the one exception when Harvey (may have been in the west can’t remember) beat Stanley in the 1998 Championship game all the winners have been from the west. Not only the west but from Region 3 and in most years the two best teams in the State were in Region 3 either Velva-Harvey or Velva-Stanley. Combined scores from the last 4 Championship games 110-26 with 2 shutouts goes to show that there is a difference between the teams from the west than those from the east. I also realize that the game is played on the field and upsets can happen but history and tradition is on West’s side.
HSsportFan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby classBdude » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:18 pm

Wow, didnt know Killdeer and HR would be that far off!!! SPL vs Hazen will be awesome!! Where is it? Stanley or Hazen??
classBdude
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:22 pm

Even year...Even Region...so therefore @ Hazen
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby EASTCOAST » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:19 pm

Stanley @ Hazen? Defending State Champs, winners of 20 + games in a row, and they have to travel? Doesn't really seem right.
EASTCOAST
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:42 pm

EASTCOAST wrote:Stanley @ Hazen? Defending State Champs, winners of 20 + games in a row, and they have to travel? Doesn't really seem right.

Its been set up this way for several years...Stanley-PL knew that if they played Hazen they'd be on the road.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby bison football73 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:15 pm

EASTCOAST wrote:Stanley @ Hazen? Defending State Champs, winners of 20 + games in a row, and they have to travel? Doesn't really seem right.

Last year was last year. This year is this year.
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Next

Return to A