Predictions for State 2012

The teams in Class A

Re: Predictions for State 2012

Postby HSsportFan » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:52 pm

Still wish they would switch up the pairings does not seem right to have to play the same region year after year. The current format makes if difficult for the best two teams to play for the championship. No disrespect to the eastern teams but just take a look at R4, they have had many good teams which deserved to play in the dome but having to go through R3 they have never made it. And please do not use the excuse of too much traveling the NDHSAA a few years back had Tioga and Stanley in the same region as Standing Rock. Some
Friday night games were over 250 miles away. So for the playoffs I think we could make it on a Saturday to help ensure that we may have the two best teams playing for the championship.
HSsportFan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby fball4life » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:48 am

HSsportFan wrote:Still wish they would switch up the pairings does not seem right to have to play the same region year after year. The current format makes if difficult for the best two teams to play for the championship. No disrespect to the eastern teams but just take a look at R4, they have had many good teams which deserved to play in the dome but having to go through R3 they have never made it. And please do not use the excuse of too much traveling the NDHSAA a few years back had Tioga and Stanley in the same region as Standing Rock. Some
Friday night games were over 250 miles away. So for the playoffs I think we could make it on a Saturday to help ensure that we may have the two best teams playing for the championship.

It would be nice to see some changes but then again now their is how many diff. teams coming into diff. regions and diff. divisions next year, so it kinda is switching...and R3 had one team out of that region that is a state contender this year (Stanley), and yes R4 did have 3 good teams come out of this region (Killdeer, HR, and Hazen)...but Stanley showed Killdeer that they aren't a state contender so their out (score 34-0)!, and Hazen played HR which is from the same region which can happen in any region so thats just how that goes and Hazen easily beat HR so that wouldnt be a fun game to watch in the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP...so you can only mean one thing that hazen and stanley should be the state game?..why are you ending Langdon and WNG seasons?...i mean maybe WNG is a big underdog but it happens thats what makes it all interesting right?...and Langdon is 10-1 they have had like 2 really close games all season...WNG got close and Larimore who beat them, which came down to the wire, other then that pretty nice leads id say
fball4life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HSsportFan » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:32 pm

fball4life wrote:
HSsportFan wrote:Still wish they would switch up the pairings does not seem right to have to play the same region year after year. The current format makes if difficult for the best two teams to play for the championship. No disrespect to the eastern teams but just take a look at R4, they have had many good teams which deserved to play in the dome but having to go through R3 they have never made it. And please do not use the excuse of too much traveling the NDHSAA a few years back had Tioga and Stanley in the same region as Standing Rock. Some

It would be nice to see some changes but then again now their is how many diff. teams coming into diff. regions and diff. divisions next year, so it kinda is switching...and R3 had one team out of that region that is a state contender this year (Stanley), and yes R4 did have 3 good teams come out of this region (Killdeer, HR, and Hazen)...but Stanley showed Killdeer that they aren't a state contender so their out (score 34-0)!, and Hazen played HR which is from the same region which can happen in any region so thats just how that goes and Hazen easily beat HR so that wouldnt be a fun game to watch in the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP...so you can only mean one thing that hazen and stanley should be the state game?..why are you ending Langdon and WNG seasons?...i mean maybe WNG is a big underdog but it happens thats what makes it all interesting right?...and Langdon is 10-1 they have had like 2 really close games all season...WNG got close and Larimore who beat them, which came down to the wire, other then that pretty nice leads id say

It is obvious that this year can not be affected so I was not counting anyone out - in Basketball, Volleyball and Wrestling they switch up which regions play each other. This will ensure that some years, not all, the best two teams meet in the big game. As it is now, one team from the East will play one team from the West - Why? no real good reason except travel or maybe the Eastern teams have a little more influence on the pairings. If I was an eastern team the current system would work for me.

As for this years playoffs - I will make my picks on another thread - but I have given kudos to both of the eastern teams. One of them will be in the championship game and a chance to win that is why I love High School sports. Good Luck to all teams!
HSsportFan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby farkas31 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:01 pm

Bubble Burst ! Nice win Hazen Bison Football !
farkas31
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to A