college potential

The teams in Class A

Postby region1 football » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:20 am

does anyone know of any players that are going to college for football.  Aj Phiefer?? that kid was a stud on the field. Or Mauch at widereceiver.
region1 football
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsportsfan98 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:32 am

I believe Mauch from Hankinson is still a junior, is he not? I'd have to think that a couple of players from Linton are being recruited to play somewhere.  Any info on them? 
ndsportsfan98
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby beachy » Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:00 pm

Ya Mauch is only a junior.. But i think hes getting recuited more for basketball rather than in football.  Jesse Wahl is getting recruited. Hes a senior linebvacker for Hankinson. he is pretty good.
beachy
NDPreps Starter

Postby region1 football » Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:12 pm

Does any one know is Cole duncan goin on to play anywhere?
region1 football
NDPreps Starter

Postby baller01 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:27 pm

Offensive RT, Ryan Bosch of Linton, is deciding between Bemidji St. or Jamestown. I think he is leading more towards Jamestown tho.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby rep » Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:19 pm

baller01 wrote:Offensive RT, Ryan Bosch of Linton, is deciding between Bemidji St. or Jamestown. I think he is leading more towards Jamestown tho.

i'm now typing my mental e-mail to ryan bosch...players with orange helmets hold their blocks for 3 seconds longer than players who don't wear orange helmets...its a proven fact.

send.
rep

Postby region1 football » Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:10 am

Do alot of kids from the area go to jamestown to play football? Or do they walk on to und or ndsu and get tired of not gettn to play and head to jamestown?
region1 football
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:51 am

i think most go straight to jc...but i've only been in the area for about three years and that is what i'm going off of...not sure about prior to that.

kids like cudworth from nrs came to jc a couple years ago, along with a boat-load of the edgeley-kulm state championship players. a handful of richland kids that won the next year came as freshman. the lemer boys from harvey came a couple of years ago.

not sure about their transfers though, if they have any or who they are 
rep

Postby region1 football » Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:27 pm

awww.....is that the year that...o shoot i cant remeber his name...the defensive tackel for jamestown when to edgly? umm was it a mock??? im not for sure....i know the guy im thinking of is pritty big.  I just asked about the transfering because of Cody Sailer.  I was looking at past awards given out and i seen he won the senior player of the year when the loboes played.  "back to befor" is the defensive tackel they have now goona start this year or is it going to be Tyler Wibstead? I know he is a big boy that did excellent as a highschool player receiving the Gatoraide player of the year award along with goin to state in wrestling for only doing that for 2 years?? i think. im not for sure on that one.
region1 football
NDPreps Starter

Postby region1 football » Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:08 am

I was just told that AJ Pfeifer is going to Mary......any one know anything about this? 
region1 football
NDPreps Starter

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:00 am

I heard Phifer from Maple Valley and Burgad from Northern Cass where both offered at VCSU.

I don't know if either have committed yet.

Burgad's dad played for VCSU but his dad played high school ball with Tommy Dosch the head coach at Jamestown.
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby Claz B Fan » Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:52 am

GRIDIRON GURU wrote:I heard Phifer from Maple Valley and Burgad from Northern Cass where both offered at VCSU.

Burgad's dad played for VCSU but his dad played high school ball with Tommy Dosch the head coach at Jamestown.

Offered what?-----There are no NCAA scholarships offered at colleges in ND with exception of Mary, UND and NDSU
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby triple » Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:15 am

Anybody heard where Brock Sandy or any other players around the area are looking at going to??
triple

Postby Baller » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:14 pm

Claz B Fan wrote:
GRIDIRON GURU wrote:I heard Phifer from Maple Valley and Burgad from Northern Cass where both offered at VCSU.

Offered what?-----There are no NCAA scholarships offered at colleges in ND with exception of Mary, UND and NDSU

Just beacuse they are not NCAA does not mean that they don't give scholarships.  All of the DAC schools still give scholarships so I am assuming Gridiron Guru is talking about a scholarship.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby PA42 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:25 pm

i heard mayville state is close to signing josh hegg from thompson and already have signed aaron delvo. these would both be big signings and would at least show that mayville state is going in the right direction.
PA42

Postby Claz B Fan » Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:58 pm

Baller wrote:
Claz B Fan wrote:

Just beacuse they are not NCAA does not mean that they don't give scholarships.  All of the DAC schools still give scholarships so I am assuming Gridiron Guru is talking about a scholarship.
They are not called scholarships then.  It is called a grant or aid.
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfan » Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:02 pm

[user=703]Claz B Fan[/user] wrote:
Baller wrote:
Claz B Fan wrote:

They are not called scholarships then.  It is called a grant or aid.

They are called scholarships in NAIA also.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Baller » Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:55 pm

They are most certainly called scholarships.  Grants and Aid come from the government, scholarships are from the schools.  You need to do some research before you statements as facts.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:33 am

Yes, scholarships, NCAA D-III is the division that does not offer scholarships. they give grants and aids.

NAIA has scholarships they just don't have as much money.
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby region1 football » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:01 am

Is there any other kids that play in A that are goin on to play college ball?
region1 football
NDPreps Starter

Postby PA42 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:41 am

this is not for sure but i heard mayville state signed stephen mondry from midway minto. he is 6'5" 240 and is extremely athletic. His only downside would be that he didn't play football last season, because of midway minto going to a jv schedule.
PA42

Postby baller01 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:20 pm

this is not for sure but i heard mayville state signed stephen mondry from midway minto. he is 6'5" 240 and is extremely athletic. His only downside would be that he didn't play football last season, because of midway minto going to a jv schedule.

So Mayville is starting to sign players that take a year off? That seems a little weird. I guess you don't have to be top notch material to play there huh?
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby PA42 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:56 pm

this season seniors at midway and minto could not play football. since it was at a jv level only freshman through juniors could be on the team. He was going to play for park river this season but his school would not let him. trust me if he is coming to mayville state he will help.
PA42

Postby 24/7ndfan » Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:39 pm

region1 football wrote:Is there any other kids that play in A that are goin on to play college ball?

i heard jake anderson was going to play at Trinity Bible
24/7ndfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baller01 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:40 pm

this season seniors at midway and minto could not play football. since it was at a jv level only freshman through juniors could be on the team. He was going to play for park river this season but his school would not let him. trust me if he is coming to mayville state he will help.

Thank you for clearing that up for me. It's different that he wasn't allowed to play football. I thought Mayville was getting players that just decided to take there senior year off of football. That clears it up, thanks.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Next

Return to A