All-Region 4

The teams in Class A

All-Region 4

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:38 pm

FIRST TEAM
OFFENSE
Quarterbacks:
Stetson Carr, Hazen
Kalin Bachmeier, Grant County-Flasher

Running Backs:
Cameron Morman, New Salem-Glen Ullin
Seth Ewoniuk, Heart River
Briar Bornemann, Hazen
Sean Elkins, Richardton-Taylor-Hebron

Tight End:
Dustin Iverson, Grant County-Flasher

Wide Receivers:
Monty Johnson, Southern McLean
Jon Doll, Hazen

Offensive Line:
Tate Harris, Killdeer
Quincy Delaplane, Grant County-Flasher
Colton Stiefel, Hazen
Jory Violett, New Salem-Glen Ullin
Cole Hlebecuk, Heart River

DEFENSE
Defensive Line:
Brock Pittsley, Killdeer
Matt Doll, New Salem-Glen Ullin
Ethan Eberle, Hazen
Jordan Strecker, Heart River
Nathan Ling, Richardton-Taylor-Hebron

Linebackers:
Brock Bruner, Hazen
Grady Houghton, Killdeer
Taylor Heins, New Salem-Glen Ullin
J.J. Wilkenson, Heart River
Michael Morey, Grant County-Flasher

Defensive Backs:
Tyler Parker, Hazen
Cole Hecker, Heart River
Lance Duppong, New Salem-Glen Ullin
Lewis Keller, Killdeer

SECOND TEAM
OFFENSE
Quarterbacks:
Austyn Sadowsky, Killdeer
Brent Schreiner, Southern McLean

Running Backs:
Shelby Schmidt, Grant County-Flasher
Alex Volk, Hazen
Lance Oversen, Killdeer
Evan Eberle, Southern McLean

Tight Ends:
Calum Blankenship, Killdeer
Chad Gullickson, Richardton-Taylor-Hebron

Wide Receivers:
Dylin Patton, Richardton-Taylor-Hebron
J.W. Froelich, Grant County-Flasher

Offensive Line:
Mitch Krebs, Heart River
Chandler Rivinius, Grant County-Flasher
Matt Morman, New Salem-Glen Ullin
Michael Maas, Hazen
Nick Klatt, Killdeer
Andrew Kaiser, Southern McLean

DEFENSE
Defensive Line:
Duncan Beth, New Salem-Glen Ullin
Blaze Sommer, Hazen
Ethan Olson, Killdeer
Riley Obridgewitch, Heart River
Gauge Harrison, Standing Rock

Linebackers:
River Voigt, Killdeer
Conner Thompson, Southern McLean
Bailey Stewart, Grant County-Flasher
Paul Koppinger, Richardton-Taylor-Hebron
Ethan Hoger, New Salem-Glen Ullin

Defensive Backs:
Zach Cofer, New Salem-Glen Ullin
Josh Rothe, Hazen

Senior Athlete of the Year - Cameron Morman, New Salem-Glen Ullin
Coach of the Year - Steve Kleinjan, New Salem-Glen Ullin
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores@yahoo.com
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 10959
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: All-Region 4

Postby jtdc492 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:05 pm

Just an observation.

1st place Hazen gets 7 1st teamers and 4 2nd teamers for a total of 11 all region players.
2nd place Heart River gets 5 and 2 for a total of 7 all region players.
3rd place New Salem gets 5 and 3 for a total of 8.
4th place Kildeer gets 4 and 6 for a total of 10.
5th place Grant County gets 4 and 4 for a total of 8.
6th place Southern McLean gets 1 and 4 for a total of 5.
7th place Richardton-Taylor-Hebron gets 2 and 3 for a total of 5.
And finally 8th place Standing Rock gets 1 on the 2nd team for a total of 1.

Congrats to all players.

Comments on the disparity?
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 526
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:03 pm

Re: All-Region 4

Postby bison football73 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:34 pm

jtdc492 wrote:Just an observation.

1st place Hazen gets 7 1st teamers and 4 2nd teamers for a total of 11 all region players.
2nd place Heart River gets 5 and 2 for a total of 7 all region players.
3rd place New Salem gets 5 and 3 for a total of 8.
4th place Kildeer gets 4 and 6 for a total of 10.
5th place Grant County gets 4 and 4 for a total of 8.
6th place Southern McLean gets 1 and 4 for a total of 5.
7th place Richardton-Taylor-Hebron gets 2 and 3 for a total of 5.
And finally 8th place Standing Rock gets 1 on the 2nd team for a total of 1.

Congrats to all players.

Comments on the disparity?


best teams have the best players, so it makes sense
bison football73
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 428
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:00 pm

Re: All-Region 4

Postby d_fense » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:16 pm

bison football73 wrote:
jtdc492 wrote:Just an observation.

1st place Hazen gets 7 1st teamers and 4 2nd teamers for a total of 11 all region players.
2nd place Heart River gets 5 and 2 for a total of 7 all region players.
3rd place New Salem gets 5 and 3 for a total of 8.
4th place Kildeer gets 4 and 6 for a total of 10.
5th place Grant County gets 4 and 4 for a total of 8.
6th place Southern McLean gets 1 and 4 for a total of 5.
7th place Richardton-Taylor-Hebron gets 2 and 3 for a total of 5.
And finally 8th place Standing Rock gets 1 on the 2nd team for a total of 1.

Congrats to all players.

Comments on the disparity?


best teams have the best players, so it makes sense


I don't think it makes sence for the 4th place team to have 10 players recognized as all region players, 1st or 2nd teamers.
d_fense
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 423
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:13 am
Location: Small town eastern ND

Re: All-Region 4

Postby jtdc492 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:02 pm

That was my point. 2nd place team has less than the 3rd place team and both have less than the 4th place team? And 7th place team has more than 6th place team? Seems a little wonky.
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 526
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:03 pm

Re: All-Region 4

Postby lovwatchingsports » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:41 pm

I do not think that it is a second team. Isn't HM when it comes to all region? The other region have HM
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 438
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: All-Region 4

Postby d_fense » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:00 pm

Honorabale mention and second team are the same thing!
d_fense
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 423
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:13 am
Location: Small town eastern ND

Re: All-Region 4

Postby lovwatchingsports » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:26 pm

Not really, i know some regions give an honorable mention to everybody that was nominated for all region and did not get it.
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 438
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: All-Region 4

Postby bison football73 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:28 pm

d_fense wrote:
bison football73 wrote:
jtdc492 wrote:Just an observation.

1st place Hazen gets 7 1st teamers and 4 2nd teamers for a total of 11 all region players.
2nd place Heart River gets 5 and 2 for a total of 7 all region players.
3rd place New Salem gets 5 and 3 for a total of 8.
4th place Kildeer gets 4 and 6 for a total of 10.
5th place Grant County gets 4 and 4 for a total of 8.
6th place Southern McLean gets 1 and 4 for a total of 5.
7th place Richardton-Taylor-Hebron gets 2 and 3 for a total of 5.
And finally 8th place Standing Rock gets 1 on the 2nd team for a total of 1.

Congrats to all players.

Comments on the disparity?


i didnt even realize that killdeer has more than heart river and new salem so ya that doesnt make sense.
best teams have the best players, so it makes sense


I don't think it makes sence for the 4th place team to have 10 players recognized as all region players, 1st or 2nd teamers.
bison football73
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 428
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:00 pm

Re: All-Region 4

Postby lovwatchingsports » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:47 am

bison football73 wrote:
d_fense wrote:
bison football73 wrote:
jtdc492 wrote:Just an observation.

1st place Hazen gets 7 1st teamers and 4 2nd teamers for a total of 11 all region players.
2nd place Heart River gets 5 and 2 for a total of 7 all region players.
3rd place New Salem gets 5 and 3 for a total of 8.
4th place Kildeer gets 4 and 6 for a total of 10.
5th place Grant County gets 4 and 4 for a total of 8.
6th place Southern McLean gets 1 and 4 for a total of 5.
7th place Richardton-Taylor-Hebron gets 2 and 3 for a total of 5.
And finally 8th place Standing Rock gets 1 on the 2nd team for a total of 1.

Congrats to all players.

Comments on the disparity?


i didnt even realize that killdeer has more than heart river and new salem so ya that doesnt make sense.
best teams have the best players, so it makes sense


I don't think it makes sence for the 4th place team to have 10 players recognized as all region players, 1st or 2nd teamers.

Yea, But the other coaches let them in so thats how it goes.
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 438
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: All-Region 4

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:22 pm

I actually like that they don't have a set limit based on how a team places. Nominate candidates and let the coaches vote who they feel is deserving. One team may have 2-3 studs that they rely on that take them to a high finish in the region, but the rest of the players may not deserve recognition. Another team may have no studs, but 6-7 decent players that have great season and carry the team to a high finish. Also, some teams may have 1 big offensive weapon and no one else, but another teams may have 4-5 people they spread it around to who may not have the stats but were still deserving.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
User avatar
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3245
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Central ND


Return to A

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest