Top Runningback in the State

The teams in Class A

Postby RonMexico » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:11 pm

bballer20 wrote:
RonMexico wrote:Macatee plays against tougher competition.  Also New Rockford and North Prairie easliy beat Langdon.

if hes so good what happened against harvey?

Checked his stats on NDHSAA....18 carries for 94 yds and 2 touchdowns.... against the top team in the state is this considered a bad game? I for one think not.  I would be interested to see Becks stats if he played Harvey
Last edited by RonMexico on Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RonMexico
NDPreps Reserve

Postby RonMexico » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:20 pm

Did a little more stat checking, Macatee with 32 carries for 300 yds against a solid New Rockford team, how many yds did Beck have against New Rockford? I am curious, Langdon doesn't post their stats on the NDHSAA site.
Last edited by RonMexico on Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RonMexico
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball1981 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:54 pm

RonMexico wrote:
bballer20 wrote:
RonMexico wrote:Macatee plays against tougher competition.  Also New Rockford and North Prairie easliy beat Langdon.

Checked his stats on NDHSAA....18 carries for 94 yds and 2 touchdowns.... against the top team in the state is this considered a bad game? I for one think not.  I would be interested to see Becks stats if he played Harvey
last year against harvey beck had like 25 yards rushing, they shut him down
baseball1981

Postby bballer20 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:21 am

RonMexico wrote:Did a little more stat checking, Macatee with 32 carries for 300 yds against a solid New Rockford team, how many yds did Beck have against New Rockford? I am curious, Langdon doesn't post their stats on the NDHSAA site.

he had 148 yds on 17 carries..
bballer20

Postby Jayhawk 13 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:17 am

The only good teams new rockford has played this year is velva and North Prairie and they lost both. New Rockford isnt as tough as their record makes them appear.

Some want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others Make it happen.
Jayhawk 13
NDPreps Reserve

Postby tadam6 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:18 am

baseball1981 wrote:
RonMexico wrote:
bballer20 wrote:

that was in the playoffs....during the regular season he had over 100 on them
tadam6

Postby baseball1981 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:01 am

tadam6 wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:
RonMexico wrote:
bballer20 wrote:

that was in the playoffs....during the regular season he had over 100 on them
oo i jus remember that one game, i think the regular season one was in langdon thats why i wouldnt remember it
baseball1981

Postby Region 2 fan » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:31 pm

Best RB's in Region 2:
-Mitch Ford
-Tyler Staskivige
-Riley Beck

in that order
Region 2 fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby jokerttt111 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:11 pm

Riley beck is the best RB in Region 2 by far if not the whole state
jokerttt111

Postby Region 2 fan » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:23 pm

Riley Beck has best statistics, yes. But is he the best RB?  I do not believe so.  If you threw Mitch Ford in Langdon's offense, i bet he'd do just as good and better than Riley Beck.  Cavalier has a passing game they bring to the table as well when you play them, Langdon, not so much.  They throw 8 guys on the line, send one in motion and have the quarterback and full back lead block for the power toss.  I think Langdon's starting right guard, whoever he is, could run for 100 yards a game in that offense.
Region 2 fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby longhornfan8 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:32 pm

jokerttt111 wrote:Riley beck is the best RB in Region 2 by far if not the whole state

i dont know about that one
longhornfan8

Postby jokerttt111 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:40 pm

as true as it is that if ford was in langdons offence he wold do good, but if beck was in cavilers offense and ran the ball 30-40 times his stats would be off the charts.
jokerttt111

Postby pakkyzoo » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:57 pm

jokerttt111 wrote:as true as it is that if ford was in langdons offence he wold do good, but if beck was in cavilers offense and ran the ball 30-40 times his stats would be off the charts.

I totally agree Beck over Ford any day.... Beck is twice the athlete Ford is, he gains more yards on less carries every game. How can he not be better?  Cavalier was supposed to win the region in the preseason and now its up for any team.  Ford is a heck of a football player.  I just personally think Beck is faster, shiftier, and way way more elusive.  The only thing Ford might have is power over Beck.  You put Beck in Cavalier's offense he would 30+ carries every night, and 150+ yards every night. 
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby longhornfan8 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:08 am

Region 2 fan wrote:Best RB's in Region 2:
-Mitch Ford
-Tyler Staskivige
-Riley Beck

in that order

i would have to agree with Region 2 fan, ya riley beck get a lot of yards but you should when you pretty much have your whole line in front of you on the outside, i think one of there line could get the same amout of yard running that sweep they do over and over and over
longhornfan8

Postby longhornfan8 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:10 am

pakkyzoo wrote:
jokerttt111 wrote:as true as it is that if ford was in langdons offence he wold do good, but if beck was in cavilers offense and ran the ball 30-40 times his stats would be off the charts.

I totally agree Beck over Ford any day.... Beck is twice the athlete Ford is, he gains more yards on less carries every game. How can he not be better?  Cavalier was supposed to win the region in the preseason and now its up for any team.  Ford is a heck of a football player.  I just personally think Beck is faster, shiftier, and way way more elusive.  The only thing Ford might have is power over Beck.  You put Beck in Cavalier's offense he would 30+ carries every night, and 150+ yards every night. 

Ya, just like ford does every night
longhornfan8

Postby QB_14_08 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:05 am

North Praire defense held Riley Beck to under 100 yards as Langdons defense got picked apart by Macatee who had over 200 easy and got taken out in the early third quarter.I can also say from first hand experience that Riley Beck stays in at the end of games, which they are ahead in, and racks up his yards on jv teams
QB_14_08

Postby bballer20 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:02 am

QB_14_08 wrote:North Praire defense held Riley Beck to under 100 yards as Langdons defense got picked apart by Macatee who had over 200 easy and got taken out in the early third quarter.I can also say from first hand experience that Riley Beck stays in at the end of games, which they are ahead in, and racks up his yards on jv teams

beck had over 100 yds..no he doesnt..why would they play there best player when the jv is in
bballer20

Postby QB_14_08 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:10 am

Beck had under a hundred yards against their varsity . . . . they left him in against NP's jv to rack up yards . . . He did have over a hundred total but against their varsity he wasn't gaining much
QB_14_08

Postby QB_14_08 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:11 am

Beck had a little under 90 yards then the jv went in for north praire 

which allowed him to add another 40 or 50 yards

Last edited by QB_14_08 on Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
QB_14_08

Postby UNDFan » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:34 am

Brandon Schell is a very good chose for this place. Last night he had over a 140yds in the first half alone, which makes over a 1000Yards on the season for him.
UNDFan

Postby baseball11 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:27 pm

longhornfan8 wrote:
-Mitch Ford
-Tyler Staskivige
-Riley Beck

in that order

i would have to agree with Region 2 fan, ya riley beck get a lot of yards but you should when you pretty much have your whole line in front of you on the outside, i think one of there line could get the same amout of yard running that sweep they do over and over and over

Riley gets hit in the backfield quite a bit and makes alot of holes himself.  His line isn't bad, but to say he's a product of the line is ridiculous.
baseball11

Postby baseball11 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:31 pm

-Mitch Ford
-Tyler Staskivige
-Riley Beck

in that order

I've never seen Staskivige, but I've seen Riley and Mitch.  If you watched the Langdon/Cavalier game you could tell who the better, more talented back was and it wasn't Ford.
baseball11

Postby Wombat » Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:10 pm

pakkyzoo wrote:

Beck is twice the athlete that Ford is??? This argument about running back has been going on for a few weeks now and both have their supporters so I'd say they're pretty even. How good is beck on defense? cuzz ford is pretty darn good on D too... being a good football player doesn't make you an athlete though so let's talk about other sports... Ford is a returning State Champion in wrestling, the winter sport he's in (he's qualified for the state tournament every year since his 7th grade year). He's a stud catcher for the baseball team and although he wasn't a starter i'm pretty sure that he was part of at least 1 of the state championship baseball teams.... So he's a three sport athlete with state championships in all three sports... I really don't think that beck is TWICE the athlete that ford is.
Mitch Greenwood

Some people say I don't have a life. They are wrong. Sports are my life!!!
Wombat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby FOOTBALL_101 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:09 pm

Mr. Greenwood,

I have to diagree, beck has been all region basketball since he was a soph. last year his squad lost the state baseball championship game and he was named to the all state baseball team, as well as all state basketball, beck was all state in 3 sports last year!! beck and ford are very equal in all sports and honors, this is a question about runningback for football, and as you will see when the #'s come out beck will be better than ford, ford is a great tallent and athlete, but beck is just a little better!!!!!
FOOTBALL_101
NDPreps Starter

Postby Wombat » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:30 am

Football-101

I had this same argument with a few of my friends and i KNOW i'm greatly outnumbered on this site trying to compare wrestling and basketball... but I would consider state champion as a junior (along with a 4th place finish as a sophomore, and 3 other state qualifying years) a little higher accolade than being an all-region selection in BB... and i'm NOT knocking basketball at all.

you are right, this is a question about football, that is why I directed my last post to the guy who claimed beck was twice the athlete as Ford is... They're BOTH tremendous running backs and I would have been thrilled to block for either of them when I was playing... They're both great baseball players... and both excel in their winter sports.
Mitch Greenwood

Some people say I don't have a life. They are wrong. Sports are my life!!!
Wombat
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to A