Top Runningback in the State

The teams in Class A

Postby hunter48 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:03 am

Who do you think the top running back is in the state?
hunter48

Postby project-pat » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:19 am

i dont know about top....but i do know the most underrated running back. Mark "touch" downing. He doesnt get to start because of kevin aase down in bowman. But he should. He gets 6-10 yards every carry when ge gets the ball. He's only a sophmore. He's short and stalky, but he his quick. He's got some of the sickest moves in the land.  
project-pat

Postby region1 football » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:26 am

aj pheifer is one of if not the best runningbacks in the state.  he can start out goin one way have the entire other team faked out an end up 20 yards down field on the other side.  He has tremendouse speed for being 200pds.  id say atleast 4.8 40 time.  he cuts like no other. His draw backs were it seemed like he didnt wanna run over someone he would rather try and go around them.
region1 football
NDPreps Starter

Postby bball1niner » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:19 am

riley beck from Langdon Area is one of the best ive seen
bball1niner

Postby RazorsEdge » Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:05 pm

Riley Beck is a good one from Langdon.
RazorsEdge
NDPreps Starter

Postby thesports_guy32 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:34 pm

Riley Beck from Langdon gets my nod. He makes good cuts, has good vision, and is just hard to bring down... he just kind of slips out of tackles somehow.
thesports_guy32

Postby Dareybuck » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:23 am

Well i respect you guys and who you think is a good running back but i am pretty sure Levi Arnseon is the best back in the state. he its the holes hard and never gets tackled by ust one guy. he already has a thousand yards running if i am not mistakin through 5 games.
a great player can win a game but a TEAM can win EVERY game.
Dareybuck
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mailman_25 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:23 am

Brandon Schell - Lisbon. The kid is only a sophmore, and trust me when I say this, is a load to bring down!
Mailman_25
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:34 am

Mailman_25 wrote:Brandon Schell - Lisbon. The kid is only a sophmore, and trust me when I say this, is a load to bring down!

he also has the added benefit of not playing defense. don't know if any of those other guys play both ways or not, but schell has a tendency to be a little more fresh in the fourth quarter.
rep

Postby Hunterlaf » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:33 am

Michal Macetee or what ever is the best running back in the state.
Hunterlaf
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby longhornfan8 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:42 pm

Mitch Ford from Cavalier is one of the top runningback around....1200 yds by 4th or 5th game, pretty impressive if you ask me
longhornfan8

Postby RazorsEdge » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:11 pm

# 20 Macatee from North Prairie is the real deal. Also Riley Beck from Munich.
RazorsEdge
NDPreps Starter

Postby FOOTBALL_101 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:37 am

I have to give my vote to riley beck from langdon, i was at the game vs park river friday and evan though they lost he had only 13 carries for over 200 yrds thats impressive, first play of the game he broke a 60 yrd td run, and a couple of carries later he broke a 70 yrd run. he is a very skilled back and i have to say i have seen ford from cavalier and mcatee from north prarie and i think beck is a little bit better, if he got more carries like ford does he would have the same numbers if not better ones. Langdon does not feature him like they should, they spread the ball between all 3 of there backs, in fact overby had more carries than beck did on friday.

RILEY BECK IS THE BEST BACK THIS YEAR HANDS DOWN, NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!!!!!!!
FOOTBALL_101
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball1981 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:23 pm

i think one of the best backs in the state is hurt and has only had one carry the whole year..kenny keller from harvey
baseball1981

Postby RonMexico » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:44 pm

FOOTBALL_101 wrote:I have to give my vote to riley beck from langdon, i was at the game vs park river friday and evan though they lost he had only 13 carries for over 200 yrds thats impressive, first play of the game he broke a 60 yrd td run, and a couple of carries later he broke a 70 yrd run. he is a very skilled back and i have to say i have seen ford from cavalier and mcatee from north prarie and i think beck is a little bit better, if he got more carries like ford does he would have the same numbers if not better ones. Langdon does not feature him like they should, they spread the ball between all 3 of there backs, in fact overby had more carries than beck did on friday.

Having also seem them both play I would give the nod to Mcatee. He's bigger,faster and stonger than Beck.
RonMexico
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bballer20 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:26 pm

RonMexico wrote:
FOOTBALL_101 wrote:I have to give my vote to riley beck from langdon, i was at the game vs park river friday and evan though they lost he had only 13 carries for over 200 yrds thats impressive, first play of the game he broke a 60 yrd td run, and a couple of carries later he broke a 70 yrd run. he is a very skilled back and i have to say i have seen ford from cavalier and mcatee from north prarie and i think beck is a little bit better, if he got more carries like ford does he would have the same numbers if not better ones. Langdon does not feature him like they should, they spread the ball between all 3 of there backs, in fact overby had more carries than beck did on friday.

Having also seem them both play I would give the nod to Mcatee. He's bigger,faster and stonger than Beck.

no way
bballer20

Postby ndfan » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:40 pm

With all the names mentioned, any of these guys gonna play college ball?
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Wombat » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:47 pm

bballer20 wrote:
RonMexico wrote:

no way
I haven't seen Beck or Mcatee so I won't really weigh in on the subject, but if you are going to give Beck the nod because of what he did to Park River then you should keep in mind that when Ford played that same PR team he ran for over 350 yards plus had a 50+ yard run called back.
Mitch Greenwood

Some people say I don't have a life. They are wrong. Sports are my life!!!
Wombat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby FOOTBALL_101 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:46 am

Yeah and ford also had 40 carries against park river, beck had 13 for over 200 give him another 13 in the game and he would have easliy been over 400 in the game maybe more.
FOOTBALL_101
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfan » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:16 am

[user=4471]FOOTBALL_101[/user] wrote:
Yeah and ford also had 40 carries against park river, beck had 13 for over 200 give him another 13 in the game and he would have easliy been over 400 in the game maybe more.

Your right they should give him the ball more, then maybe they wouldn't lose to Park River either.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball11 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:01 am

The other guys they give the ball do pretty well themselves.
baseball11

Postby baseball1981 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:21 pm

baseball11 wrote:The other guys they give the ball do pretty well themselves.
im sorry but when you have rb that gets about 20 yards per carry...why wouldnt you give it to him almost every play lol
baseball1981

Postby jokerttt111 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:21 pm

the thing is langdon dosnt have to rely on beck to win they have other options caviler has to rely on ford to win
jokerttt111

Postby RonMexico » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:22 pm

Macatee plays against tougher competition.  Also New Rockford and North Prairie easliy beat Langdon.
RonMexico
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bballer20 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:47 pm

RonMexico wrote:Macatee plays against tougher competition.  Also New Rockford and North Prairie easliy beat Langdon.

if hes so good what happened against harvey?
bballer20

Next

Return to A