Way too early next year?

The teams in Class A

Way too early next year?

Postby steel » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:35 pm

I know EEK has some studs back, how many I am not sure. I know Langdon has pretty much their whole team back. Hillsboro, Kindred and Beulah are all dropping down a class and had very good teams this year. I think Velva has some talent returning as well. This is a total guess but I believe these will make up the upper echelon. Hazen, Carrington, and Dickinson Trinity are also traditionally strong programs. Here is my early prognostication, total guess though. I might be totally off base, just looking for opinions.

1.EEK
2.Hillsboro
3. Langdon-Munich
4.Kindred
5.Beulah
steel
NDPreps Starter

Re: Way too early next year?

Postby bball4 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:58 pm

With all the changes coming to Class A, I think it's going to be even tougher to predict. I like your thoughts though. EEK returns a lot (but they lose some key players on both sides of the ball). I would keep them in the top 5.

1. Hillsboro
2. Langdon-Munich
3. EEK
4. Kindred (they lose quite a bit...but still have a ton of kids).
5. Beulah
Last edited by bball4 on Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
bball4
NDPreps Starter

Postby Old #9 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:04 pm

I'm predicting next years Semi-Final for the east will be a rematch of EEK and Langdon. Both teams are returning practically there entire team, and i'm honestly excited to see the pass game from Langdon which i think will be almost impossible to stop next year. I'm not counting EEK out, there run game will be one of the best in the state. Weather will be the biggest factor when these two teams clash.
Old #9
NDPreps Rookie

Postby cmplx6 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:21 pm

East Top 5: 1. EEKM, 2. Hillsboro, 3. Langdon, 4. Kindred, 5. Park River

Region 1:
1. EEKM - Holy smokes that RB is good. And as long as they keep feeding him they will be good.
2. Hillsboro - Dropping down to A they will find they will have more depth and they return some good talent.
3. Kindred - Outside of getting smoked in the final they had a great year and that should continue in A.
4. Northern Cass - Great Coaching staff and good program should continue to build.

Region 2:
1. Langdon - Good group coming back, coach seems to have program headed in right direction.
2. Park River - Losing some good players but if the young players develop like they should this should be a quality team again.
3. Carrington - Very consistent over the last 8 years.
4. Harvey - Good program with good history needs their young players to develop.

West Top 5: 1.Velva, 2. Beulah, 3. Dickinson Trinity, 4. Killdeer, 5. Kenmare-B-BC

Region 3:
1. Velva - Most solid football program in the state of North Dakota, regardless of division. Had an "off" year, they will rebound.
2. Kenmare-B-BC - Loses a ton of offense to graduation, but returns some really big kids. If they can find a QB, Offense should be even better in 11 man.
3. DLB - Tough loss in the state championship game. Coaching staff should rebound no problem to have another playoff run.
4. Bishop Ryan - Opted to play up. They will have a good team because they are Bishop Ryan. Coaching staff is very good there.

Region 4:
1. Beulah - They have a tremendous strength and conditioning program and have really committed to football. Dropping down to A will have them playing schools they out number in roster size.
2. Dickinson Trinity - Talented players return. If they get in a few new transfers they could be one of the best teams in the state.
3. Killdeer - Team just keeps on winning. Hasn't made the playoffs just once since 1995.
4. Hazen - Tough call here but Hazen should have a decent team returning.
cmplx6
NDPreps Starter

Postby defensewinsgames » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:50 pm

My top five for next year are:

1. Ellendale-EK: Return one of the best players in the state. They do lose some starters but I think they find enough to step up to be comparable to this year so any improvement Grueneich makes them a scary team.
2. Langdon: They virtually don't lose a single key contributor and had probably the scariest passing game in the state this year. Chemistry should be even better next year. If they can get better line play and figure out a way to get some stops on defense this will be one of the best teams in the state.
3a. Hillsboro-CV (Tied with Kindred): They lose some important seniors but return an awful lot. I think that the move down a division will help cushion the loss of some of those seniors. If they get a few key players to step up they will be solid. A lot of tradition of success from this program (dating back to their nine-man days). They feel neck and neck with Kindred to me. I am inclined to lean towards Hillsboro having a better season for nothing other than gut feeling.
3b. Kindred (Tied with Hillsboro-CV): They had 60 kids on their roster for the state championship game. 60 kids! That depth will be impossible to match in single A. I know they lose some seniors but with that many kids and the experience that they got this year, they should be able to retool. This tie between the two for me comes down to who can start off hot and get some players to step up right away.
5. Beulah: I think that dropping down a class will help them as well with depth and just think at least initially that depth will be hard for a lot of the teams to match.

Some other potential in the hunt teams: Park River-FL loses a lot but returns some talent that if it develops will lead to another good team, Velva is a very strong program that always puts out a great product on the field, Killdeer just always finds a way to keep themselves in the hunt, Carrington figured out some stuff last year and ended the season as one of the hottest teams out east before the playoff loss
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndfootball4444 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:19 pm

Early picks 2017:

1. Beulah
2. EEK
3. Trinity
4. Langdon
5. Velva
ndfootball4444
NDPreps Starter

Postby madseason » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:49 pm

I know EEK has Grenuich back but how many others are back? Langdon has everyone I think? Could be a rematch for the Dakota bowl?
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby THUNDER-PRIDE » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:43 am

EEK return 11 starters: 9 being Seniors

QB-Dewald
RB/DE-Grueneich
RB/OLB/K/P-Goehring
FB/MLB-Peterson
TE/DE-Hanson
OL/DL-Schnabel, Nitschke, Rall...(Bruns who didn't play this season due to an accident)
S-Hagen...(who will possibly fill in as a WR)
CB-Ost...(could fill in at RB or WR)
OLB-Madcke...(could fill in at RB or WR)

EEK lost 8 seniors:
OL/DL (Ellingson, Fastnacht, and Strong), TE/MLB (Wertz), WR/OLB (White), FB/DL (Walks), WR/CB (Fischer), and WR/CB (Vance)
THUNDER-PRIDE
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Wildcat » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:56 pm

My top five
1. Beulah
2. Langdon
3. E-E-K
4. Trinity
5. Kindred

I fully expect former AA teams Kindred, Hillsboro, Beulah and Trinity to all make the playoffs, and be competitive in the postseason. I'd expect Beulah to be right in there for a state championship, and Region 4 might have the toughest overall playoff field by year's end. Beulah, Hazen, Trinity and Killdeer...not much room for others with the history of those programs. Although, Killdeer I believe opted up. Their depth is not great. They should make the playoffs, but they'll have some work to do after this season.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Wildcat » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:01 pm

cmplx6 wrote:East Top 5: 1. EEKM, 2. Hillsboro, 3. Langdon, 4. Kindred, 5. Park River

2. Dickinson Trinity - Talented players return. If they get in a few new transfers they could be one of the best teams in the state.

Whoops. You mean the other school in town, right? The big Class AAA school in Dickinson that got an all-state wide receiver and an all-state RB from Texas the past five years?
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:31 pm

My thoughts on the upcoming 2017 season for all Regions

REGION 1
1. Ellendale/Edgeley-Kulm
2. Hillsboro-Central Valley
3. Kindred
4. Northern Cass
5. Lisbon
6. Oak Grove
7. Enderlin/Maple Valley
8. Milnor-North Sargent

REGION 2
1. Langdon/Edmore/Munich
2. Carrington
3. Park River-FL
4. Harvey-Wells County
5. Rugby
6. Westhope-Newburg-Glenburn
7. Bottineau
8. Central Dakota

REGION 3
1. Bishop Ryan
2. Velva/Sawyer
3. Stanley
4. Des Lacs-Burlington
5. Berthold/Our Redeemer's
6. Kenmare-Bowbells
7. Nedrose
8. New Town

REGION 4
1. Beulah
2. Dickinson Trinity
3. Killdeer
4. Hazen
5. Southern McLean
6. Bowman County
7. Heart River
8. Garrison-Max
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby ndfootball4444 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:37 pm

Region 1
1.E/E/K
2.H/CV
3.Northern Cass
4.Kindred

Region 2
1.Langdon
2.Carrington
3.Park River
4.H/WC

Region 3
1.Velva
2.Bishop Ryan
3.Stanley
4.DL/B

Region 4
1.Trinity
2.Beulah
3.Killdeer
4.Southern Mclean
ndfootball4444
NDPreps Starter

Postby kaybee94 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:33 am

ndfootball4444 wrote:Region 1
1.E/E/K
2.H/CV
3.Northern Cass
4.Kindred

Region 2
1.Langdon
2.Carrington
3.Park River
4.H/WC

Region 3
1.Velva
2.Bishop Ryan
3.Stanley
4.DL/B

Region 4
1.Trinity
2.Beulah
3.Killdeer
4.Southern Mclean

Curious, what is your justification for region 4 picks? Personal opinion or based on legit information? I'm asking in all sincerity too. I don't want you to think I'm being a jerk. I'm sincerely curious as someone not completely familiar with those teams?
kaybee94
NDPreps Reserve

Postby d_fense » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:28 pm

kaybee94, why don't you share how you think that region will play out and share why you think what you think? I am no expert on region 4, but the predictions made by ndfootball4444 seem reasonable with what I know of football out west. I'd like to know your thoughts....
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndfootball4444 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:14 pm

kaybee94 wrote:
ndfootball4444 wrote:Region 1
1.E/E/K
2.H/CV
3.Northern Cass
4.Kindred

Region 2
1.Langdon
2.Carrington
3.Park River
4.H/WC

Region 3
1.Velva
2.Bishop Ryan
3.Stanley
4.DL/B

Region 4
1.Trinity
2.Beulah
3.Killdeer
4.Southern Mclean

Curious, what is your justification for region 4 picks? Personal opinion or based on legit information? I'm asking in all sincerity too. I don't want you to think I'm being a jerk. I'm sincerely curious as someone not completely familiar with those teams?

IMO all that really matters this year in region 4 is the fact that you have 2 outstanding class 'AA' programs dropping down a class and very doubtful that any other region 4 team will knock them out of the top 2 spots. Playoffs come Velva and Bishop Ryan may give them a run.
ndfootball4444
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfootball4444 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:15 pm

d_fense wrote:kaybee94, why don't you share how you think that region will play out and share why you think what you think? I am no expert on region 4, but the predictions made by ndfootball4444 seem reasonable with what I know of football out west. I'd like to know your thoughts....

:)
ndfootball4444
NDPreps Starter

Postby bball4 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:29 pm

THUNDER-PRIDE wrote:EEK return 11 starters: 9 being Seniors

QB-Dewald
RB/DE-Grueneich
RB/OLB/K/P-Goehring
FB/MLB-Peterson
TE/DE-Hanson
OL/DL-Schnabel, Nitschke, Rall...(Bruns who didn't play this season due to an accident)
S-Hagen...(who will possibly fill in as a WR)
CB-Ost...(could fill in at RB or WR)
OLB-Madcke...(could fill in at RB or WR)

EEK lost 8 seniors:
OL/DL (Ellingson, Fastnacht, and Strong), TE/MLB (Wertz), WR/OLB (White), FB/DL (Walks), WR/CB (Fischer), and WR/CB (Vance)

Any kids from Montpelier?
bball4
NDPreps Starter

Return to A