Playoff Upsets

The teams in Class A

Re: Playoff Upsets

Postby A-Fanatic » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:20 pm

winner-within wrote:
A-Fanatic wrote:Don't you think that this time of year that all teams will be prepared? I think if you ask most coaches they'll tell you the game is won and lost at the line of scrimmage.

you know what I think, I dont think you know that much about football, cause todays game between Cav and linton had nothing to do with the scrimmage line, and if the teams were so ready to play and prepared than why were there 500 yellow flags thrown, you see its like this these guys are kids, their coaches know alot more about the game than they do but the coach cant play for them go back to my post's and read I am constantly saying that D wins Football games, and most coaches will tell you that.

hats off to Linton for a Hard fought game
My praises to Cavalier for a HUGE WIN!!
What was the score of the game? I heard something like 9-6 which makes me think that both teams were prepared and the biggest battle all day was at the line of scrimmage, which probably also explains all the flags! Sounds like it would've been a great game to watch.

Life's short Play Hard
A-Fanatic
NDPreps Starter

Postby toddjames » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:32 pm

winner-within wrote:
A-Fanatic wrote:Don't you think that this time of year that all teams will be prepared? I think if you ask most coaches they'll tell you the game is won and lost at the line of scrimmage.

you know what I think, I dont think you know that much about football, cause todays game between Cav and linton had nothing to do with the scrimmage line, and if the teams were so ready to play and prepared than why were there 500 yellow flags thrown, you see its like this these guys are kids, their coaches know alot more about the game than they do but the coach cant play for them go back to my post's and read I am constantly saying that D wins Football games, and most coaches will tell you that.

Life's short Play Hard

winner-within I don't think A-Fanatic was basing his post on watching the game because he made it at 11:40 Saturday morning...
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby mjwanab » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:34 pm

A-Fanatic wrote:Results from region 3 and 4.
Watford City 21 DLB 12
Harvey 20 Hazen 19
Williams County 20 New Salem 0
Velva 39 Heart River 0

Scores from region 1 and 2

Cavalier 9 Linton HMB 6
North Prairie 42 LaMoure LM 0
Langdon Munich 38 Milnor North Sargent 24
Oakes 26 Rugby 6
mjwanab
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:41 pm

A-Fanatic wrote:
winner-within wrote:

you know what I think, I dont think you know that much about football, cause todays game between Cav and linton had nothing to do with the scrimmage line, and if the teams were so ready to play and prepared than why were there 500 yellow flags thrown, you see its like this these guys are young, their coaches know alot more about the game than they do but the coach cant play for them, go back to my post's and read I am constantly saying that D wins Football games, and most coaches will tell you that.

A-fanatic wrote:
What was the score of the game? I heard something like 9-6 which makes me think that both teams were prepared and the biggest battle all day was at the line of scrimmage, which probably also explains all the flags! Sounds like it would've been a great game to watch.

WINNER-WITHIN WROTE:
It was a great game, and your theory is somewhat right "a good team comes prepared" well, these were two really good teams, problem is the flags were thrown (remember refs know also this is the playoffs and they expect less mistakes too), because of the line being UNPREPARED, for the nerves that were obviously flowing, Hense my theory "you'd better come prepared" to not make the little mistakes that could and will cost you the game.
Which brings me back to why I posted "better be prepared" every coach wants minimal mistakes, they want their team to play flawless., they know that this is not really possible but thats what they want from their leaders, I think allot of members of this Forum now realize that there is more to prepare for when playing certain teams, even if their FOUR seeds.

Good Doggen North Dakota!!
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to A