Lisbon vs. Linton HMB

The teams in Class A

Lisbon vs. Linton HMB

Postby A-Fanatic » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:32 pm

This should be another good game out region 1. Any thoughts on this one? I believe Linton has the homefield for this one but if Lisbon wins they could shake up the entire playoff picture for region 1. I'd like to hear from anybody who can break this one down into x's and o's.
A-Fanatic
NDPreps Starter

Re: Lisbon vs. Linton HMB

Postby taveg » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:57 pm

im going to pick linton by 3 touchdowns. Lisbon lost too many people and linton has the home field advantage. also i believe linton will be looking for a bit of revenge.
taveg
NDPreps Reserve

Postby football_lives_on » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:47 am

I would take Linton in a coin toss. I'd like to see Lisbon win tho because Schell is a monster. Linton with the home field by 6
football_lives_on
NDPreps Starter

Postby A - Football Fan » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:13 am

Alright, this has got to be the game of the week...... at least from my perspective. We will get a good chance to see what the East has to offer and who is gonna be the big shot over there. Linton has the home field advantage but Lisbon is gonna be fighting for some playoff position. If Lisbon wins could there be a three way tie between Lisbon, Linton, and Milnor-North Sargent? If this is the case I think Lisbon will be able to win this one by a touchdown. I only think that Lisbon will win this because they will put pressure on Purintan and not give him two to three minutes to look down field for a receiver. Anybody can get open with ample amounts of time to throw the ball. Key to the victory for Lisbon will be pressuring the Linton quarterback. Again, Lsibon by one touchdown. Good game though I think.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby d_fense » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:28 am

I have seen both teams play this year in person (Linton once and Lisbon twice). Linton is the better team. With the home field, I feel it will be a pretty big upset for them to loose this one.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby Irish » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:22 pm

d_fense wrote:I have seen both teams play this year in person (Linton once and Lisbon twice). Linton is the better team. With the home field, I feel it will be a pretty big upset for them to loose this one.

I agree. I was surpirsed by that game last week with milnor. But, I did hear Lisbon had 4 turnovers against milnor and that is what lost it for them. Milnor got a few big plays which won the game for them. Even though I agree is will be an upset for linton to lose, I just don't think they will be able to put it out in the end. Good luck to them both though.

Lisbon and Schell. need I say more
Irish
NDPreps Starter

Postby luvmy3gbb1wr » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:32 pm

Lisbon 7 Linton 0
luvmy3gbb1wr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby joe bye » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:02 pm

If Linton and Lisbon play in the playoffs who will it be? thats saying both teames make it to semi finals. I'm guessing that the game will be played in LInton cuz their #1 in the region. I think this should be the game to watch in Region 1. Any preditions
joe bye

Postby Truce » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:09 am

If everyone plays and wins out for the season, First Round will be Lisbon AT Milnor North Sargent, And Linton @ Maple Valley Enderlin.

Only time Linton and lisbon will see eah other again is if Lisbon beats MNS, and then wins whoever they play in Region 2.

This would be the semifinials.
Truce
NDPreps Starter

Postby joe bye » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:09 pm

yeah but who would win
i have Linton i don't think they want to lose to linton 4x in a row
joe bye

Postby d_fense » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:22 pm

joe bye wrote:yeah but who would win
i have Linton i don't think they want to lose to linton 4x in a row

I think Linton would win. But I don't think they will play again. I don't think Lisbon will get by Milnor/NS.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby taveg » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:26 pm

actually maple valley would be @ linton instead of the other way around, and even though i was way off in the first game between linton and lisbon i do think they will meet again in the semis, this time with linton winning by probably a touchdown. like someone else said, i dont think they want to lose lisbon for the 4th time and for the 2nd time in a row to go to state.
taveg
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Irish » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:02 pm

taveg wrote:actually maple valley would be @ linton instead of the other way around, and even though i was way off in the first game between linton and lisbon i do think they will meet again in the semis, this time with linton winning by probably a touchdown. like someone else said, i dont think they want to lose lisbon for the 4th time and for the 2nd time in a row to go to state.

Linton will have to have their skilled players step up and in the big games this season, some haven't done that yet. Nerves? Not sure why, but I believe Linton is the better team. They both have to win some games first to meet each other.
Irish
NDPreps Starter

Postby Truce » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:44 am

Yea right, it would be Maple Valley Enderlin @ Linton, not the other way around.. my bad.
Truce
NDPreps Starter

Return to A