The teams in Class AA.

Postby ND_beast » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:31 pm

With practices less than a month away who are some teams, players, etc. to watch? Are there any teams that will just dominate like Shanley last year, or is it going to be even throughout? What teams will be especially good on one side of the ball?
ND_beast
NDPreps Starter

Re: 2011

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:36 am

ND_beast wrote:With practices less than a month away who are some teams, players, etc. to watch? Are there any teams that will just dominate like Shanley last year, or is it going to be even throughout? What teams will be especially good on one side of the ball?

Players to watch in the east region

Hanson, Grafton
Plankers, Kindred
Halgrimson, VC

Look for Grafton, Lisbon, Shanley, and Kindred to take the top four spots in the east.

Nobody dominates this year

Grafton has great talent at the QB position they are not real deep but will do well if they stay healthy.

Lisbon is big and physical, teams will have to strap in on on both sides of the ball against Lisbon.

Kindred will have a tremendous running game they have some big salty backs to run behind Plankers.
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby thewanderer » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:28 pm

i am a big Grafton fan so i will apologize in advance if come across too exited. Grafton has been building on this team for the 3rd year running. 7 or 8 of these kids have been strarting on both sides of the ball as sophmores and now are seniors. They have improved year after year and now it is the seniors time to shine. Hanson is a great QB and we have a very good back up as well in Demers. Jiskra, lerclerc, Suda, Demers, Burns are all 3rd year starters at the other "skilled positions" RB, WR as well as D backs and line backers on defense. Their skill position players will be competative with any team. The last 2 years the trenches have been the achiles heal for Grafton. The lack of numbers, size, and a few key injuries have cause the O and D lines to struggle even though they play with huge hearts and intesity. the fact that 3 or 4 of these linemen have matured and bulked up, along with the addition of a few new kids i believe will drastically impove our line on both sidse of the ball. line averages: 2009/180lbs/no depth---2010/200lbs/no depth----2011/220lbs/2 or 3 skilled guys to fill in. The line will make or break Grafton's season this year. I have a good feeling they will "MAKE" it a great year for Grafton football. go spoilers!
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:35 am

Dont argue with the GURU :wink: The line is everything in High school ball The 50 wins in Row in Cavaliers Dynesty or the 70 some wins by Stepen Argyle, its your few skilled and the rest is bulk, you have to have Bulk. :D
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby thewanderer » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:24 pm

i agree that the line, especially the offensive, are the unsung heroes of most successful football teams. How often do you here a fan yell "great block" or "way to protect the QB", it rarely happens. That is one of the reasons why i am exited about Grafton this year. i believe we have 6 or 7 kids that i would consider good lineman. Along with the other kids that I feel are above average, Grafton could make a serious run JMHO.
How is Cav going to be this year Winner. i know they lost alot to graduation but they have a great program. just wondering.
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:04 pm

thewanderer wrote:i agree that the line, especially the offensive, are the unsung heroes of most successful football teams. How often do you here a fan yell "great block" or "way to protect the QB", it rarely happens. That is one of the reasons why i am exited about Grafton this year. i believe we have 6 or 7 kids that i would consider good lineman. Along with the other kids that I feel are above average, Grafton could make a serious run JMHO.
How is Cav going to be this year Winner. i know they lost alot to graduation but they have a great program. just wondering.

Cavalier will play 9-man this season, its hard to believe enrollment has dropped that much... how times change.
Their coaches grew up playing 9-man and I think the transition will be smooth because of that fact.
I look for speed to be their strong point along with good weight room ethics they should be a semi-force.

in other words their going to "Rock the Casbah"... :P
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby thewanderer » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:42 pm

winner-within wrote:
thewanderer wrote:i agree that the line, especially the offensive, are the unsung heroes of most successful football teams. How often do you here a fan yell "great block" or "way to protect the QB", it rarely happens. That is one of the reasons why i am exited about Grafton this year. i believe we have 6 or 7 kids that i would consider good lineman. Along with the other kids that I feel are above average, Grafton could make a serious run JMHO.

Cavalier will play 9-man this season, its hard to believe enrollment has dropped that much... how times change.
Their coaches grew up playing 9-man and I think the transition will be smooth because of that fact.
I look for speed to be their strong point along with good weight room ethics they should be a semi-force.

in other words their going to "Rock the Casbah"... :P

going to two wedding dances this weekend. i too am going to "rock the cash bar" ha ha lol
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Postby dlamma » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:28 pm

are there any kids in this years senior class that will be recruited by the likes of UND and NDSU? Or, are the ND boys not up to that league anymore? I know there are always exeptions, i am saying, in general.
dlamma
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indy5 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:53 pm

dlamma wrote:are there any kids in this years senior class that will be recruited by the likes of UND and NDSU? Or, are the ND boys not up to that league anymore? I know there are always exeptions, i am saying, in general.

Bishop Ryan linebacker Mark Koble is being heavily recruited by UND. They want him for a standup end position. NDSU has also shown a little interest.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby VikingBaseball5 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:44 pm

Indy5 wrote:
dlamma wrote:are there any kids in this years senior class that will be recruited by the likes of UND and NDSU? Or, are the ND boys not up to that league anymore? I know there are always exeptions, i am saying, in general.

Bishop Ryan linebacker Mark Koble is being heavily recruited by UND. They want him for a standup end position. NDSU has also shown a little interest.

Kindred OL Jack Plankers verbally committed to NDSU
VikingBaseball5
NDPreps Rookie

Return to AA