Minot Ryan

The teams in Class AA.

Postby Double G » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:07 pm

What is the word on minot ryan?

Think they can stand up to #1 rated hazen?
Last edited by Double G on Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Double G
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Claz B Fan » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:28 pm

dang GOOD FOOTBALL TEAM
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby triple » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:45 pm

Not a chance sorry but Hazen is going to pound them on offense and defensive line. Hazen also has a very good quarterback who is great at running the option.
triple

Postby bison_18 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:05 pm

What is Minot Ryan's record this year?? Have they won more than one game?
bison_18
NDPreps Starter

Postby Notorious » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:46 am

Word from people that have seen Hazen up close is that they are the "real deal".  I would predict they will go undefeated and win it all.  I heard that they completely wear down opponents with their size, and have a young backup RB that is as good, if not better, than the starter.

Also, has anybody heard that Minot Ryan is having serious financial issues?  Will the school even be around in 5 years, and if so, will they support sports programs...
Last edited by Notorious on Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Notorious
NDPreps Starter

Postby crazy » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:45 pm

Notorious wrote:Word from people that have seen Hazen up close is that they are the "real deal".  I would predict they will go undefeated and win it all. 

Well soo much for that huh Notorious. I think Minot Ryan turned a few head with their win tonight over Hazen.

I heard a couple of Hazen players got hurt, anyone have any details on that?
crazy
NDPreps Starter

Postby crazy » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:47 pm

triple wrote:Not a chance sorry but Hazen is going to pound them on offense and defensive line. Hazen also has a very good quarterback who is great at running the option.

Sorry missed this one... i think that Hazen just over looked Ryan tonight
crazy
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfootball » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:10 pm

Minot Ryan just wanted the game alot more.  They dont have to many huge play makers, but they work good as a team.
ndfootball

Postby power-aid14 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:02 am

that was a lot of fun, my voice is horrible today. the lions were very well coached last night
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Notorious » Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:27 am

Impressive win.....I would rather be eating something other than crow right now.  It will be interesting to see how things shake out for Trinity and whether they can make a run again.
Notorious
NDPreps Starter

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:38 am

triple wrote:Not a chance sorry but Hazen is going to pound them on offense and defensive line.

:headsmack:
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby triple » Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:02 am

NATURAL TALENT wrote:
triple wrote:Not a chance sorry but Hazen is going to pound them on offense and defensive line.

:headsmack:

Yes, my bad, i didnt think that Minot Ryan had a chance but congratulations to Ryan. This victory really showed the character of there team and can maybe give them a boost in the weeks to come.
triple

Postby ndfan » Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:17 am

So is their a favorite out west now? Who is best fit for playing in the cold weather that is coming? Also does Rugby get the #1 spot in the state now?

Here's article from Minot Daily

http://www.minotdailynews.com/sports/ar ... cleID=5854
Last edited by ndfan on Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ming01 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:06 pm

That was an impressive win.  Big win for Bishop Ryan!
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby lions97 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:14 pm

Bishop Ryan earned that win for sure. they came out more confident then any of there previous games, even moreso then Valley City.  the surprise coming out of Minot for them is there defensive line, expecially there strong tackle and end. if you don't watch out they will kill the play quicker than the QB can snap the ball. It has been said many times before but BRHS is deffenetly the sleeper team than will sneak in the back door to the playoffs.

on the injuries for Hazen, i'm not sure but one had the ambulance called out there and then another went to the hospital after the game, two other had some sort of knee injuries and from the looks of it they were all key players. starting running back, tightend, nose guard and not sure about the fourth. good luck to all of those people.
lions97

Postby minotfan » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:12 pm

thats kind of pathetic how you just had to talk yourself up on your own because i can tell by your name that you are from ryan
minotfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Double G » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:45 pm

lions97 wrote:the surprise coming out of Minot for them is there defensive line, expecially there strong tackle and end. if you don't watch out they will kill the play quicker than the QB can snap

I know is just a figment of speech, but if they kill the play faster than the "QB" can snap the ball its called off sides, and the center snaps the ball.
Double G
NDPreps Reserve

Postby theNDmadMAN » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:32 pm

Ryan if you guys are going to talk yourselfs up dont have a name like lions## it doesnt make ppl think ur from a differnet place....and if u are going to dont put o lions look promising when ur on the lions team....put i am from minot ryan lions and we had a good game or something along those lines....
theNDmadMAN
NDPreps Reserve

Postby packerbacker53 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:38 pm

[font=Times New Roman]
OK first of I just want to throw it out there. I am a player for BRHS and if we make the playoffs or not I will stand by that fact, no matter what. now after reading all the talk about us since the Hazen game people think that we cheated and were all full of our self’s. First look at the fact that last year we only had one win against new town. So any win this year (especially a win over the #1 team in the state) is going to be hyped up. That being said a football game is not decided on whether a ref is paid off (which is a very immature accusation) or by which works more on the line better speed or muscle. It all depends on which team has the better night.  And that night we had a better overall game. 

Now THAT being said many of you reading anything about us, downplay it and do not necessarily give us our due credit. We work hard, practice hard, and play hard. We have had to deal with a lot of criticism. I believe that we have reached, and then exceeded everyone’s expectations, for us this year. Yes we are very confident that we can make an impact in our region, so does every team going into the pre-season and training camps. A couple players from our roster decide to get onto this site and make there personal opinions known. There opinions don't represent our football program as a whole. But a lot of you are guilty of saying that ALL BRHS players are cocky, no nothings who caught Hazen snoozing that particular night, and this is not a fair assumption.

[/font]

packerbacker53

Postby scruffy » Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:03 pm

Pacerkbacker53, nice reply.  Their are several other teams represented by individuals that are cocky as well.  I hope their statements don't represent what their entire teams think of themselves.
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby Double G » Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:17 pm

Ryan your play off chances really dwindled with Trinity winning over Beulah.

Best of luck against Trinity.

If i'm right you have to win to get in and even then its not set in stone.
Double G
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndfbfan » Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:49 pm

packerbacker53 wrote:[font=Times New Roman]
OK first of I just want to throw it out there. I am a player for BRHS and if we make the playoffs or not I will stand by that fact, no matter what. now after reading all the talk about us since the Hazen game people think that we cheated and were all full of our self’s. First look at the fact that last year we only had one win against new town. So any win this year (especially a win over the #1 team in the state) is going to be hyped up. That being said a football game is not decided on whether a ref is paid off (which is a very immature accusation) or by which works more on the line better speed or muscle. It all depends on which team has the better night.  And that night we had a better overall game. 

Now THAT being said many of you reading anything about us, downplay it and do not necessarily give us our due credit. We work hard, practice hard, and play hard. We have had to deal with a lot of criticism. I believe that we have reached, and then exceeded everyone’s expectations, for us this year. Yes we are very confident that we can make an impact in our region, so does every team going into the pre-season and training camps. A couple players from our roster decide to get onto this site and make there personal opinions known. There opinions don't represent our football program as a whole. But a lot of you are guilty of saying that ALL BRHS players are cocky, no nothings who caught Hazen snoozing that particular night, and this is not a fair assumption.

[/font]

Very classy. You are right. It is too bad that some of your teammates had to make the others look so bad. You deserve all the credit in the world for playing a better game on a given night. By the sounds of your statement, I doubt you were one of the ones doing some of the things stated on here. You are a very classy individual and I wish you the best of luck on the remaining season.
ndfbfan

Postby mags » Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:19 pm

double g, ryan and trinity play this weeknd, if ryan wins they are in, if ryan loses they are out. if trinity wins they are in. If trinity loses and beulah loses their last 2 games, (which are both tough) then trinity is still in.
- not official but i think that is how it goes
mags
NDPreps Starter

Postby Double G » Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:25 pm

thanks for the info
Double G
NDPreps Reserve

Postby MHSfan » Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:39 pm

packerbacker53 wrote:[font=Times New Roman]

[/font]

Nice Knuth, very nice.
"You miss 100% of all shots you don't take."
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Next

Return to AA