who has the best defense in class AA?

The teams in Class AA.

Postby inittowinit » Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:07 pm

there are alot of great teams out there.....who has the strongest D?
inittowinit

Postby boysbballfan » Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:05 pm

Trinity and Hazen have really strong defenses
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?"
--Vince Lombardi
boysbballfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfbfan » Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:07 pm

Although they have played the weaker part of the schedule to begin the season, Beulah must be mentioned in this category. They firmly believe in the defensive side of the ball and they work it to almost perfection. The more they win early, the more their confidence will grow. Watch for them to make a run late in the year. Hazen's defense played lights out Friday night. If their front 5 can control the line, their linebackers will make plays all night long. Watford City is also a good defensive team.
ndfbfan

Postby 5244 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:53 pm

the bishop ryan defense is very good besides giveing up 25 the Beulah the lions havent given up more than 14 points a game and have play hazen and watford two very good teams.
NDPreps Reserve

Postby lion-55 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:47 pm

i agree the lions defence has been keeping the team in the close games...All of that starts with the QUICK D-line...
lion-55
NDPreps Rookie

Postby minotfan » Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:51 pm

The lions d-line is not that great, im kind of sick of reading about how you try to talk yourself up all the time on here now after winning one game. Your getting a pretty big head now after winning one game.  Your name gives away who you are so your not foolong anybody. If you deserved to be praised for good work on the field other people would acknowledge that, but that isn't the case.
minotfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby theNDmadMAN » Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:11 pm

this is true minot ryan is coming off a 1 and 8 season last year... and u guys have 2 or 3 wins this year and you think u dominate....not very good to be that cocky....
theNDmadMAN
NDPreps Reserve

Postby MHSfan » Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:22 pm

Very nice Fillipeck I like the way you talk yourself up about the d-line being quick since that is your position.
"You miss 100% of all shots you don't take."
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby lion-55 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:01 pm

i said the d-line...not just me....and it starts with the d line getting off the ball...so then the linebackers/d-backs can read pass/run and make the play!! 
lion-55
NDPreps Rookie

Postby sloppyjoe41 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:38 am

hes right in ryans first few games they had one of the best defences in the state!! i dont know about u but thats awsome. the d-line is really explosive and gets to the ball. the linebackers fill really well and plug up the hole.
sloppyjoe41
NDPreps Rookie

Postby ndfbfan » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:42 am

sloppyjoe41 wrote:hes right in ryans first few games they had one of the best defences in the state!! i dont know about u but thats awsome. the d-line is really explosive and gets to the ball. the linebackers fill really well and plug up the hole.

What??? What teams did Ryan play their first few games? And did you label yourself as one of the best DEFENSES in the state??? One win does not make your season. Come on and get off it already. You beat Trinity and I'll be the first to congratulate you and give you all the credit you deserve. You lose and you'll be watching the playoffs with that great defense.
ndfbfan

Postby ndsubisonfan » Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:45 pm

ndfbfan wrote:
sloppyjoe41 wrote:hes right in ryans first few games they had one of the best defences in the state!! i dont know about u but thats awsome. the d-line is really explosive and gets to the ball. the linebackers fill really well and plug up the hole.

What??? What teams did Ryan play their first few games? And did you label yourself as one of the best DEFENSES in the state??? One win does not make your season. Come on and get off it already. You beat Trinity and I'll be the first to congratulate you and give you all the credit you deserve. You lose and you'll be watching the playoffs with that great defense.
hahaha.. what is ryan's record this season anyway? i just watched the ryan vs. hazen tape and it looked to me like hazen beat themselves that game, which can happen to anyone. hazen didnt play to their potential like ive seen them, one play where the olb didnt stay home and bit on a great fullback fake dive and ryans qb was down the sidelines for 60 yards untouched. ryan has another big game this week and we'll have to see how they handle it.
Last edited by ndsubisonfan on Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ndsubisonfan

Postby boysbballfan » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:43 pm

If Ryan's defense is so great why didn't anyone say anything about it before they beat Hazen one game doesn't mean you have the best defense.
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?"
--Vince Lombardi
boysbballfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby minotfan » Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:47 pm

I agree completely one win ca't all of a sudden mean you have the best defense. We will see if Ryan makes it into the playoffs.  The deciding factor is tomorrow night when they play Trinity in which i think that Trinity will win. So if they lose they are out of the playoffs. We will see what Ryan says about their defense after they find out that they no longer have a chance to make the playoffs.
minotfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby propel23 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:51 pm

Sloppy quit talking about our defense you dont even play on it. I start on it but you dont see me on here bragging about it. This is ridiculous as of right now were only 4-3 and we need to beat trinity to make the playoffs but you and some other people that write on here from our team act like were the number one team in the state but were not so quit bragging about our team your just giving the other people on here more reason to rip on us and have them think were cocky.
propel23

Postby ndfan » Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:20 pm

Ok enough with Minot (no offense) but the question is who has the best defense? Why not Rugby? They are undefeated and ranked #1 in the state.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndsubisonfan » Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:21 pm

rugby is pretty decent.. i dont know too much about them because im from the west. and i think most of the people on here are from the west too. but from what i hear they take quite a bit of pride in their defense, but their offense is what's more explosive.
ndsubisonfan

Postby ndman11 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:21 pm

Rugby is solid but they are beatable.
ndman11
NDPreps Starter

Postby zking » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:13 pm

Rugby shut down Beulah's running game.  I don't know how Beulah's running game compares in the West.
zking
NDPreps Rookie

Postby ndfbfan » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:10 pm

zking wrote:Rugby shut down Beulah's running game.  I don't know how Beulah's running game compares in the West.

Trinity, Watford and Hazen all shut down Beulah's running game. Wait, those teams are all still alive! What the heck? I know players from Trinity, Beulah, Hazen and Watford City on this site and the only players who talk themselves up are some of the Ryan guys and this guy from Rugby. People give credit where it is due when it is deserved. Having said that, Ruby is a good football team. It remains to be seen how they'll do against the top teams from the west.
ndfbfan

Postby showtime » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:48 pm

Ya they shut down the run, but they forget to mention that Hatzenbuhler shouldn't have even been playing, Zacher and Michaelson both were suffering injuries from playing 3 straight weeks against 3 teams in the top 4 in state.  While Rugby played who??? (Oak Grove, Grafton, and Central Cass). And lets not forget to mention Beulah still managed to put up 200 yards in the air. I didnt even know Beulah passed the ball. 
showtime
NDPreps Reserve

Postby pin king » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:59 am

you people know nothng the carrington cdardinals have one of the best defenses in the state by far. but if u people think they were good this year u better watch out next yeat because they have an even better defense.
pin king
NDPreps Rookie

Postby rep » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:57 pm

pin king wrote:you people know nothng the carrington cdardinals have one of the best defenses in the state by far. but if u people think they were good this year u better watch out next yeat because they have an even better defense.

aug. 25, gave up 45 pts to hazen

sept. 1, gave up 35 pts to beulah

sept. 8, held central cass to 12 points

sept. 15, gave up 31 points to oak grove

sept. 22, gave up 27 points to rugby

sept. 29, gave up 40 points to grafton

oct. 6, gave up 46 points to lisbon

oct. 13 gave up 34 points to hatton-northwood

oct. 17 held valley city to 6 points

i don't believe their defense is one of the best in the state by far. however, i do believe it was better than their offense.

aug. 25, scored 7 points

sept. 1, scored 0 points

sept. 8, scored 20 points

sept. 15, scored 0 points

sept. 22, scored 8 points

sept. 29, scored 0 points

oct. 6, scored 14 points

oct. 13, scored 8 points

oct. 17, scored 16 points
rep

Postby baller01 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:06 pm

Lol... Look at that research.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby SportsAreLife » Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:39 pm

pin king wrote:you people know nothng the carrington cdardinals have one of the best defenses in the state by far. but if u people think they were good this year u better watch out next yeat because they have an even better defense.

I think this was supposed to be a funny post.:rolling:
SportsAreLife

Next

Return to AA