2011 Predictions!!

The teams in Class AA.

2011 Predictions!!

Postby SBd » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:47 am

What a great year in AA football. In 2011 there is some new changes with devils lake moving up and rugby taking their spot and oak grove moving down and griggs county taking their spot. Hopefully its another great year. What is everyones predictions for the 2011 football season east and west???
SBd
NDPreps Reserve

Re: 2011 Predictions!!

Postby CapnCrunch » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:12 pm

SBd wrote:What a great year in AA football. In 2011 there is some new changes with devils lake moving up and rugby taking their spot and oak grove moving down and griggs county taking their spot. Hopefully its another great year. What is everyones predictions for the 2011 football season east and west???

Bismarck St. Marys will take it next year.
CapnCrunch
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Indy5 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:47 pm

CapnCrunch wrote:
SBd wrote:What a great year in AA football. In 2011 there is some new changes with devils lake moving up and rugby taking their spot and oak grove moving down and griggs county taking their spot. Hopefully its another great year. What is everyones predictions for the 2011 football season east and west???

What is your reasoning for that?
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby CapnCrunch » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:47 pm

Indy5 wrote:
CapnCrunch wrote:

Im just going by what I saw last year in the west, tescher returns along with #74 and some good skilled positions, trinity should be up there in the west too.
CapnCrunch
NDPreps Reserve

Postby thewanderer » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:25 pm

who all does shanley get back for next year? it seemed to me that they lost alot of seniors. in the east Grafton returns most of their team from an up and down year last year. any other teams have a good core of starters returning?
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indy5 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:30 pm

CapnCrunch wrote:
Indy5 wrote:
CapnCrunch wrote:

Im just going by what I saw last year in the west, tescher returns along with #74 and some good skilled positions, trinity should be up there in the west too.

Isn't Trinity dropping to A?
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby CapnCrunch » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:45 pm

Indy5 wrote:
CapnCrunch wrote:
Indy5 wrote:
CapnCrunch wrote:

You tell me, sounds like your the expert.
CapnCrunch
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Indy5 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:05 pm

CapnCrunch wrote:
Indy5 wrote:
CapnCrunch wrote:
Indy5 wrote:
CapnCrunch wrote:

You tell me, sounds like your the expert.

I believe they are, but I'm not sure. I could be wrong.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby nodak football » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:17 pm

I heard trinity was dropping too.

What about under clansmen? Any good ones for 2011
NDSU 1995
nodak football
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndlionsfan » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:26 pm

I think Trinity opted up to stay AA for another 2 years
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby LILchump » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:37 pm

I'm almost positive the west will be Trinity, Belcourt, Rugby, Beulah, Minot Ryan, St. Marys, Bottineau, and Carrington. No specific order obviously. If these are the teams in the west, which I'm 99% sure they are, these are my predictions...

1. St. Marys
2. Trinity
3. Carrington
4. Minot Ryan
5. Beulah
6. Rugby
7. Bottineau
8. Belcourt
LILchump
NDPreps Reserve

Postby nodak football » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:04 pm

LILchump wrote:I'm almost positive the west will be Trinity, Belcourt, Rugby, Beulah, Minot Ryan, St. Marys, Bottineau, and Carrington. No specific order obviously. If these are the teams in the west, which I'm 99% sure they are, these are my predictions...

1. St. Marys
2. Trinity
3. Carrington
4. Minot Ryan
5. Beulah
6. Rugby
7. Bottineau
8. Belcourt

yeah i agree. minot ryan and beulah is a tough one though.. not sure whos going to get the 4
NDSU 1995
nodak football
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndfan » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:55 pm

If Grafton can stay healthy there should be no reason they aren't in the state championship game in my opinion.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby SBd » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:21 pm

I also agree that Grafton will be one of the top teams in the state. They only lose one player from this years team from what was an up and down year. Hanson should put up some huge numbers and as long as they stay healthy, they will go far. Kindred I think will also be good. They also return most of their players. Here is my prediction for the East. I dont know much about the West.

1) Grafton 2) Shanley 3) Kindred 4) Valley City 5) Lisbon 6) Whapeton 7) Central Cass 8 ) Griggs County
SBd
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Bison4Life » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:05 pm

SBd wrote:I also agree that Grafton will be one of the top teams in the state. They only lose one player from this years team from what was an up and down year. Hanson should put up some huge numbers and as long as they stay healthy, they will go far. Kindred I think will also be good. They also return most of their players. Here is my prediction for the East. I dont know much about the West.

1) Grafton 2) Shanley 3) Kindred 4) Valley City 5) Lisbon 6) Whapeton 7) Central Cass 8 ) Griggs County

i dasagree with you SBd. i think that Grafton will be good at the skilled positions but lack size and depth on their line. the one guy they loose was a starter on both sides of the ball on the line. unless they get beefed up and have some kids get better, injuries and a shallow bench will be a problem for the line on both sides of the ball. this will keep grafton from being to top contender. they need to stay healthy. it will make all the differennce in the wolrd. A good team, yes. not the preseason number one in the east.. time will tell :?:
Bison4Life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDsports35 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:39 pm

Just to clarify: Dickinson Trinity is going to stay in AA despite the fact t be that they'd be fairly small (below average with a 9-12 enrollment of about 150, boys and girls) for A, but none the less I believe that they'll be the best team in the West. They have so much experience. Their QB Ben Gordon will be so much better this year than last. He's going to have better tendencies, not to mention he's got a great arm. He'll be among the best QBs in West region. His receivers are tremendous. All-Staters Dylan Fridrich and Christian Olson return, along with All-Region selection Brandon Sickler. The Junior receivers will also be great. Jacob Volk (if you don't know who he is, watch him play basketball) is an athletic machine. 6'3" Jumps like a freak and almost as fast as Olson. Also, a tremendous linebacker/receiver/TE Isiah Binstock. I wouldn't call you crazy if you said this kid was the best player on the team. He's extremely strong and fast, also 6' 3". So if Olson, Volk, Binstock, and Fridrich are all lined up to run routes, you'll have 6'3",6'3",6'3", and 6'2" all fast, ready for a pass. Some teams don't have one d-back over 6 foot! As far as running the ball, that will also be solid. Trinity has a taylor made running back named Mason Schiff that will be a returning starter, plus a speed demon Junior named Brendin Steiner. He'll be enjoying the full back work of All-State selection linebacker Clarence Binstock. The line will be 270(Camron Berry), 200(Alex Nielsen), 180(Austin Gawryluk), 275(Jesse Kubik), 300(Nicholas Weir). Not terrible numbers. Depth will be there as well. They're my pick for the West region no doubt. Many people have been excited for these 2 classes to take the reins.
NDsports35
NDPreps Starter

Postby thewanderer » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:45 pm

NDsports35 wrote:Just to clarify: Dickinson Trinity is going to stay in AA despite the fact t be that they'd be fairly small (below average with a 9-12 enrollment of about 150, boys and girls) for A, but none the less I believe that they'll be the best team in the West. They have so much experience. Their QB Ben Gordon will be so much better this year than last. He's going to have better tendencies, not to mention he's got a great arm. He'll be among the best QBs in West region. His receivers are tremendous. All-Staters Dylan Fridrich and Christian Olson return, along with All-Region selection Brandon Sickler. The Junior receivers will also be great. Jacob Volk (if you don't know who he is, watch him play basketball) is an athletic machine. 6'3" Jumps like a freak and almost as fast as Olson. Also, a tremendous linebacker/receiver/TE Isiah Binstock. I wouldn't call you crazy if you said this kid was the best player on the team. He's extremely strong and fast, also 6' 3". So if Olson, Volk, Binstock, and Fridrich are all lined up to run routes, you'll have 6'3",6'3",6'3", and 6'2" all fast, ready for a pass. Some teams don't have one d-back over 6 foot! As far as running the ball, that will also be solid. Trinity has a taylor made running back named Mason Schiff that will be a returning starter, plus a speed demon Junior named Brendin Steiner. He'll be enjoying the full back work of All-State selection linebacker Clarence Binstock. The line will be 270(Camron Berry), 200(Alex Nielsen), 180(Austin Gawryluk), 275(Jesse Kubik), 300(Nicholas Weir). Not terrible numbers. Depth will be there as well. They're my pick for the West region no doubt. Many people have been excited for these 2 classes to take the reins.

sorry for my lack of knowledge on how they did last year but, with all this speed, strength, size, quickness, and i imagine they must have graduated a few good seniors........what happened with this team last year :?:
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Postby NDsports35 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:18 pm

thewanderer wrote:
NDsports35 wrote:Just to clarify: Dickinson Trinity is going to stay in AA despite the fact t be that they'd be fairly small (below average with a 9-12 enrollment of about 150, boys and girls) for A, but none the less I believe that they'll be the best team in the West. They have so much experience. Their QB Ben Gordon will be so much better this year than last. He's going to have better tendencies, not to mention he's got a great arm. He'll be among the best QBs in West region. His receivers are tremendous. All-Staters Dylan Fridrich and Christian Olson return, along with All-Region selection Brandon Sickler. The Junior receivers will also be great. Jacob Volk (if you don't know who he is, watch him play basketball) is an athletic machine. 6'3" Jumps like a freak and almost as fast as Olson. Also, a tremendous linebacker/receiver/TE Isiah Binstock. I wouldn't call you crazy if you said this kid was the best player on the team. He's extremely strong and fast, also 6' 3". So if Olson, Volk, Binstock, and Fridrich are all lined up to run routes, you'll have 6'3",6'3",6'3", and 6'2" all fast, ready for a pass. Some teams don't have one d-back over 6 foot! As far as running the ball, that will also be solid. Trinity has a taylor made running back named Mason Schiff that will be a returning starter, plus a speed demon Junior named Brendin Steiner. He'll be enjoying the full back work of All-State selection linebacker Clarence Binstock. The line will be 270(Camron Berry), 200(Alex Nielsen), 180(Austin Gawryluk), 275(Jesse Kubik), 300(Nicholas Weir). Not terrible numbers. Depth will be there as well. They're my pick for the West region no doubt. Many people have been excited for these 2 classes to take the reins.

sorry for my lack of knowledge on how they did last year but, with all this speed, strength, size, quickness, and i imagine they must have graduated a few good seniors........what happened with this team last year :?:

Actually, with all due respect to the previous class, they had 2 good players and one was injured for the majority of the year. Tim Brooke and Jacob Kubik. Trinity actually didn't do that terribly bad last year, and you have to put into perspective the fact that they had a Sophomore taking snaps! Trinity beat Devils Lake. They also were 2 points away from being the #1 team out of the West. They did have some lows like getting blown out by Shanley and letting Turtle Mountain stay in the game, but they showed some bright spots and about 90% of the talent came from the Sophmores and Juniors.
NDsports35
NDPreps Starter

Postby Fan of ND sports » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:28 pm

NDsports35 wrote:
thewanderer wrote:

Actually, with all due respect to the previous class, they had 2 good players and one was injured for the majority of the year. Tim Brooke and Jacob Kubik. Trinity actually didn't do that terribly bad last year, and you have to put into perspective the fact that they had a Sophomore taking snaps! Trinity beat Devils Lake. They also were 2 points away from being the #1 team out of the West. They did have some lows like getting blown out by Shanley and letting Turtle Mountain stay in the game, but they showed some bright spots and about 90% of the talent came from the Sophmores and Juniors.

They will also loose Sr. Dustin Hibl was a solid lineman. Trinity had depth at every position they will loose to graduation this spring.
Fan of ND sports
NDPreps Rookie

Postby thewanderer » Tue May 03, 2011 2:19 pm

Bison4Life wrote:
SBd wrote:I also agree that Grafton will be one of the top teams in the state. They only lose one player from this years team from what was an up and down year. Hanson should put up some huge numbers and as long as they stay healthy, they will go far. Kindred I think will also be good. They also return most of their players. Here is my prediction for the East. I dont know much about the West.

i dasagree with you SBd. i think that Grafton will be good at the skilled positions but lack size and depth on their line. the one guy they loose was a starter on both sides of the ball on the line. unless they get beefed up and have some kids get better, injuries and a shallow bench will be a problem for the line on both sides of the ball. this will keep grafton from being to top contender. they need to stay healthy. it will make all the differennce in the wolrd. A good team, yes. not the preseason number one in the east.. time will tell :?:

Grafton returns some talent on the line. Eric Suritata will be tough on both sides of the ball. Martinson, Villareal, and Peterson return as welll. An interestion development is the fact that they will gain a few kids from Saint Thomas this year. It might be a pleasant suprise to get a few new kids to fill some holes(no pun intended) and solidify the line for next year. Time will tell but it might just be enough to push Grafton far into the post season this year! JMHO
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Postby GoPack#2 » Mon May 09, 2011 1:26 pm

thewanderer wrote:
Bison4Life wrote:

Grafton returns some talent on the line. Eric Suritata will be tough on both sides of the ball. Martinson, Villareal, and Peterson return as welll. An interestion development is the fact that they will gain a few kids from Saint Thomas this year. It might be a pleasant suprise to get a few new kids to fill some holes(no pun intended) and solidify the line for next year. Time will tell but it might just be enough to push Grafton far into the post season this year! JMHO

Did Grafton just start this co-op with Saint Thomas or have they always done this?
"Give them nothing but take from them everything"
GoPack#2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby thewanderer » Mon May 09, 2011 7:41 pm

they co-op'ed in other sports but this will be the first year for football. i know of a couple of kids that will really help grafton! go spoilers!
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Postby bison football73 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:15 pm

NDsports35 wrote:
thewanderer wrote:

i definately agree trinity had a sophomore at QB and most of the guys mentioned were all sophmores last year. very athletic group of kids
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Postby nodak football » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:32 pm

st. marys from the west grafton from the east st. marys wins state
NDSU 1995
nodak football
NDPreps Reserve

Postby SUFan » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:15 am

1. Grafton
2. Shanley