The teams in Class AA.

Class AA Scoreboard

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:26 pm

Shanley wins the Class AA State title 24-21 on a 27 yard FG by Dan Jordan
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Re: Class AA Scoreboard

Postby 5-time state chump » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:49 pm

IMO....Devils Lake had got the worse end of some unfortunate calls. I'm not from either town...and was just rooting for a good game overall.

Couple observations in 4th quarter:

-Kid from Shanley caught the ball--ref ruled incomplete. Not a bad call by ref...as there isn't any way he could have seen it. I could only see it on replay on TV.

-Interference call missed on DB from Shanley. Held the jersey/shoulder pad of DL receiver. Ref should not have missed that call. Game changing call.

-Unsportsmanlike on #15 for DL. Again...not necessarily a poor call by the ref, because at live speed...it would have appeared as though he did bring him down out of bounds. We watched the replay many times...and here is my take: The DL player took Shanley player out of bounds...and the DL player stepped on the down marker (which was just thrown down a split second before) and slipped to the ground. A millisecond later, the Shanley guy ran into his own teammate and then fell...as he was still off balance when he made contact with his own teammate. By the time the Shanley player fell, the DL player was not holding onto him. A weird series of unfortunate events for DL. But, again...at full speed...this would not be something the ref be able to clearly see at full speed. In slow motion...#15 was definitely not at fault.

Great game by both teams. Nice clutch kick by Jordan.
5-time state chump
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to AA