Who' s the best linemen in the state for aa football?

The teams in Class AA.

Who's the best linemen

Poll runs till Sun Jun 05, 2044 2:18 pm

Tyler Olson of Hazen
17%
Eric Stenjim of Watford
No votes
Nick Eckroth of Hazen
50%
Grant Galvin of Hazen
17%
James Lorenz of Hazen
No votes
Austin Richard of Fargo South
17%

Total votes : 12

Postby highschoolfbfan » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:01 pm

i cant think of any other really outstanding linemen...if you can think of a few throw em in.
highschoolfbfan

Postby highschoolfbfan » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:07 pm

i like the 4 from hazen...lorenz show great speed with a lot of moves on defense for only a junior and olson, galvin, and eckroth show a lot power. Eckroth has great speed for a 300 pounder...i heard theat he ran like a 4.8 in the 40 last year, but his acl injury last season might have affected him. Stenjim is an explosive player
highschoolfbfan

Postby ndfan » Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:11 am

I put Austin Richards, you asked for AA and he is AAA but he was on the list so I took him. Their is no real competition between those guys and Richards in my opinion.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfbfan » Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:21 am

highschoolfbfan wrote:i like the 4 from hazen...lorenz show great speed with a lot of moves on defense for only a junior and olson, galvin, and eckroth show a lot power. Eckroth has great speed for a 300 pounder...i heard theat he ran like a 4.8 in the 40 last year, but his acl injury last season might have affected him. Stenjim is an explosive player

You are correct. Prior to his knee injury, he was running a 4.9 40. At the NDSU camp this summer, he was clocked at 5.3 in the dome.  He also rapped out 7 reps at 225 at the camp. Galvin weighed in at 385 at the camp, but has since dropped about 25 pounds. Guy has unreal power and runs a  6.2 40 which isn't bad for someone his size.
ndfbfan

Postby highschoolfbfan » Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:08 pm

ndfbfan...you must know the bison guys good or are from hazen... does the team have the heart to win state?..and if you do know the team good who are the main leaders?
highschoolfbfan

Postby ndfbfan » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:45 pm

highschoolfbfan wrote:ndfbfan...you must know the bison guys good or are from hazen... does the team have the heart to win state?..and if you do know the team good who are the main leaders?

I know them fairly well. We'll soon see if they have the heart. It's all about attitude and desire. As far as stat leaders go: rushing: brian sorensen, passing, kyle boger, receiving, jacob erhardt(he also has 6 int's in 2 games) and of course the "thunder hogs" up front. big, nasty and ready to prove they can dominate. The true test will be Friday when they play the cream of the crop when it comes to AA football.
ndfbfan

Postby highschoolfbfan » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:04 pm

ndfbfan wrote:
highschoolfbfan wrote:ndfbfan...you must know the bison guys good or are from hazen... does the team have the heart to win state?..and if you do know the team good who are the main leaders?

I know them fairly well. We'll soon see if they have the heart. It's all about attitude and desire. As far as stat leaders go: rushing: brian sorensen, passing, kyle boger, receiving, jacob erhardt(he also has 6 int's in 2 games) and of course the "thunder hogs" up front. big, nasty and ready to prove they can dominate. The true test will be Friday when they play the cream of the crop when it comes to AA football.

when you say the line are big n nasty...does that go both ways "O" and "D"?? and do you know the team leaders on both ways?
highschoolfbfan

Postby ndfbfan » Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:41 pm

highschoolfbfan wrote:
ndfbfan wrote:

when you say the line are big n nasty...does that go both ways "O" and "D"?? and do you know the team leaders on both ways?

I do not know team leaders. I do know that the 365 pounder, Galvin, does not play the D side of the ball, and Lorenz does not play the O line. Those two switch. Eckroth, Olson and Ellwein all play the D line. Ellwein is a 240 pound junior that also plays the O line. We'll have to see how they stack up agains a smaller but quicker D line that Trinity will put out there
ndfbfan

Postby ndsubisonfan » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:56 pm

[quote][/quote]either way that Hazen line could be too much for Trinity to handle this week
Last edited by ndsubisonfan on Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ndsubisonfan

Postby ndsubisonfan » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:56 pm

ndfbfan wrote:ndfbfan wrote:
You are correct. Prior to his knee injury, he was running a 4.9 40. At the NDSU camp this summer, he was clocked at 5.3 in the dome.  He also rapped out 7 reps at 225 at the camp. Galvin weighed in at 385 at the camp, but has since dropped about 25 pounds. Guy has unreal power and runs a  6.2 40 which isn't bad for someone his size.

Yes the 4.9 in the 40 for a lineman is quite impressive. 7 reps at 225 is also impressive. Is he an intelligent football player? or just rely on his physical stature.
Last edited by ndsubisonfan on Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
ndsubisonfan

Postby under armour » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:28 pm

Last edited by under armour on Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
under armour
NDPreps Starter

Postby 5244 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:49 pm

i play O-line for BRHS and have blocked all of the guys you are talking about and with out a dout the Ekroth kid from hazen is the best, very strong. The others are also pretty good.
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bcourtbraves » Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:39 pm

I believe you forgot about 1 guy. Aren St. Vincent from Belcourt is an all-state center,under sized but strong as a bull, i believe he has been getting ovvers to play for several schools.
Believe Big
bcourtbraves
NDPreps Starter

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:03 am

One AA senior lineman  that stood out to me this year was Ryan Hillesland from Hatton/Northwood. Good size, agility, and it looked to me like he had a lot of heart.

I think he could be a good player in the DAC as long as he does not go to Mayville.
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby skoal_24 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:39 pm

i believe there is also 1 more guy from belcourt that has been left out he is only a junior     Michael Vondal (built like a brick sweet house) very good i wathced him play in Thompson this year he was just a bully and can kick a ball like you can't believe
skoal_24

Postby lurkinmid » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:55 pm

ndfbfan wrote:
highschoolfbfan wrote:i like the 4 from hazen...lorenz show great speed with a lot of moves on defense for only a junior and olson, galvin, and eckroth show a lot power. Eckroth has great speed for a 300 pounder...i heard theat he ran like a 4.8 in the 40 last year, but his acl injury last season might have affected him. Stenjim is an explosive player

he may have speed but when you weigh 385 pounds you should be able to lift quite a bit more then 7 reps of 225 thats for sure
lurkinmid
NDPreps Reserve

Postby T-Bone » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:11 pm

lurkinmid wrote:
ndfbfan wrote:

he may have speed but when you weigh 385 pounds you should be able to lift quite a bit more then 7 reps of 225 thats for sure

Evidently you didn't pay close enough attention to this post. The 300 pound guy can lift 7 reps at 225 and has the 5.3 40. Not the 385 pound guy.
T-Bone

Postby Ditka14 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:20 am

T-Bone wrote:
lurkinmid wrote:
ndfbfan wrote:

Evidently you didn't pay close enough attention to this post. The 300 pound guy can lift 7 reps at 225 and has the 5.3 40. Not the 385 pound guy.

300 lbs, 7 reps at 225 whats his max at maybe 300? If you can't lift your weight your in bad shape, a good football player is over his weight when it comes to your max, or your just to big for the amount of muscle you have. I mean come on 385 running a 6.2 40? WOW you could run by this guy before hes out of his stance. Defense's had to just ate this guy apart.
Last edited by Ditka14 on Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby Double G » Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:46 pm

Ditka14 wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
lurkinmid wrote:
ndfbfan wrote:

300 lbs, 7 reps at 225 whats his max at maybe 300? If you can't lift your weight your in bad shape, a good football player is over his weight when it comes to your max, or your just to big for the amount of muscle you have. I mean come on 385 running a 6.2 40? WOW you could run by this guy before hes out of his stance. Defense's had to just ate this guy apart.

Wow, this is what is wrong with football today. People only look at a players stats and do not take into account unmeasureable traits like heart and spirit.

I happend to personally know those two players mentioned. Eckroth, the 300lbs man, can max out at over 340 in bench and in leg press over 850. Galvin, the 360 lbs man, maxed at 375 and again leg pressed for over 850.

Both of these two linemen are great players showing heart and dedication to the game. Both were 2 year all-region and all-states for AA football, and Galvin was selected for Minot all-area team. And this summer both players will be competeing in the Shrine bowl, with a good chance as starters.

Two outstanding athletes that were judge souly on stats. You should watch an an athlete player before making outragous claims. 
Last edited by Double G on Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Double G
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Tide04 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:48 pm

I don't think he ever had to run a 40 on the fb field.  Good agility with quick feet between 5-15 yards.  Watched him play a couple of times and don't remember him getting  beat for a sack or being "ran by".  Was told his max bench was around 370, but that was what I was told.  I'm sure someone who played against him could explain better.
Tide04
NDPreps Reserve

Postby highschoolfbfan » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:17 pm

Yes Galvin and Eckroth are going to the shrine bowl as starters and both are in the montana all star game too. Eckroth is a starter and Galvin is an Alternate.
highschoolfbfan

Postby ndsubisonfan » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:41 pm

highschoolfbfan wrote:Yes Galvin and Eckroth are going to the shrine bowl as starters and both are in the montana all star game too. Eckroth is a starter and Galvin is an Alternate.

anyone else you know of in the mondak game?
ndsubisonfan

Postby Ditka14 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:55 am

Double G wrote:
Ditka14 wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
lurkinmid wrote:
ndfbfan wrote:

Wow, this is what is wrong with football today. People only look at a players stats and do not take into account unmeasureable traits like heart and spirit.

I happend to personally know those two players mentioned. Eckroth, the 300lbs man, can max out at over 340 in bench and in leg press over 850. Galvin, the 360 lbs man, maxed at 375 and again leg pressed for over 850.

Both of these two linemen are great players showing heart and dedication to the game. Both were 2 year all-region and all-states for AA football, and Galvin was selected for Minot all-area team. And this summer both players will be competeing in the Shrine bowl, with a good chance as starters.

Two outstanding athletes that were judge souly on stats. You should watch an an athlete player before making outragous claims. 

Well i was just reading what someone put before me thats my bad, sorry, i was just trying to say if those were his numbers that one guy i took them from that was not overly impressive in my mind sorry.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndfan » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:43 pm

[user=1355]GRIDIRON GURU[/user] wrote:
One AA senior lineman  that stood out to me this year was Ryan Hillesland from Hatton/Northwood. Good size, agility, and it looked to me like he had a lot of heart.

I think he could be a good player in the DAC as long as he does not go to Mayville.

What? Come on Mayville won a game this year :). They are on the rise in the DAC. :rolling: Heard they are doing awesome on the in state recruiting this year, I heard its up to 2 right now.
Last edited by ndfan on Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Claz B Fan » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:05 am

Who would even think about playing for Mayville? ;)
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Next

Return to AA