Who' s the best linemen in the state for aa football?

The teams in Class AA.

Who's the best linemen

Poll runs till Sun Jun 05, 2044 2:18 pm

Tyler Olson of Hazen
17%
Eric Stenjim of Watford
No votes
Nick Eckroth of Hazen
50%
Grant Galvin of Hazen
17%
James Lorenz of Hazen
No votes
Austin Richard of Fargo South
17%

Total votes : 12

Postby squeak63 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:18 pm

ndfan wrote:I put Austin Richards, you asked for AA and he is AAA but he was on the list so I took him. Their is no real competition between those guys and Richards in my opinion.

austsin richards was definetly the best linemen in high school football this year... and the sad thing to think is i think the only one who comes close is sophmore brent qvale...
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby lurkinmid » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:35 pm

Double G wrote:
Ditka14 wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
lurkinmid wrote:
ndfbfan wrote:
highschoolfbfan wrote:i like the 4 from hazen...lorenz show great speed with a lot of moves on defense for only a junior and olson, galvin, and eckroth show a lot power. Eckroth has great speed for a 300 pounder...i heard theat he ran like a 4.8 in the 40 last year, but his acl injury last season might have affected him. Stenjim is an explosive player

You are correct. Prior to his knee injury, he was running a 4.9 40. At the NDSU camp this summer, he was clocked at 5.3 in the dome.  He also rapped out 7 reps at 225 at the camp. Galvin weighed in at 385 at the camp, but has since dropped about 25 pounds. Guy has unreal power and runs a  6.2 40 which isn't bad for someone his size.
he may have speed but when you weigh 385 pounds you should be able to lift quite a bit more then 7 reps of 225 thats for sure

Evidently you didn't pay close enough attention to this post. The 300 pound guy can lift 7 reps at 225 and has the 5.3 40. Not the 385 pound guy.

300 lbs, 7 reps at 225 whats his max at maybe 300? If you can't lift your weight your in bad shape, a good football player is over his weight when it comes to your max, or your just to big for the amount of muscle you have. I mean come on 385 running a 6.2 40? WOW you could run by this guy before hes out of his stance. Defense's had to just ate this guy apart.

Wow, this is what is wrong with football today. People only look at a players stats and do not take into account unmeasureable traits like heart and spirit.

I happend to personally know those two players mentioned. Eckroth, the 300lbs man, can max out at over 340 in bench and in leg press over 850. Galvin, the 360 lbs man, maxed at 375 and again leg pressed for over 850.

Both of these two linemen are great players showing heart and dedication to the game. Both were 2 year all-region and all-states for AA football, and Galvin was selected for Minot all-area team. And this summer both players will be competeing in the Shrine bowl, with a good chance as starters.

Two outstanding athletes that were judge souly on stats. You should watch an an athlete player before making outragous claims. 

Congratulations on all the success Double G or Grant Galvin im assuming, i really hope that you do well in the Shrine game, just dont go on a player kicking rampage if you have a bad game.

lurkinmid
NDPreps Reserve

Postby propel23 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:19 pm

lurkinmid wrote:
Double G wrote:
Ditka14 wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
lurkinmid wrote:
ndfbfan wrote:
highschoolfbfan wrote:i like the 4 from hazen...lorenz show great speed with a lot of moves on defense for only a junior and olson, galvin, and eckroth show a lot power. Eckroth has great speed for a 300 pounder...i heard theat he ran like a 4.8 in the 40 last year, but his acl injury last season might have affected him. Stenjim is an explosive player

You are correct. Prior to his knee injury, he was running a 4.9 40. At the NDSU camp this summer, he was clocked at 5.3 in the dome.  He also rapped out 7 reps at 225 at the camp. Galvin weighed in at 385 at the camp, but has since dropped about 25 pounds. Guy has unreal power and runs a  6.2 40 which isn't bad for someone his size.
he may have speed but when you weigh 385 pounds you should be able to lift quite a bit more then 7 reps of 225 thats for sure

Evidently you didn't pay close enough attention to this post. The 300 pound guy can lift 7 reps at 225 and has the 5.3 40. Not the 385 pound guy.

300 lbs, 7 reps at 225 whats his max at maybe 300? If you can't lift your weight your in bad shape, a good football player is over his weight when it comes to your max, or your just to big for the amount of muscle you have. I mean come on 385 running a 6.2 40? WOW you could run by this guy before hes out of his stance. Defense's had to just ate this guy apart.

Wow, this is what is wrong with football today. People only look at a players stats and do not take into account unmeasureable traits like heart and spirit.

I happend to personally know those two players mentioned. Eckroth, the 300lbs man, can max out at over 340 in bench and in leg press over 850. Galvin, the 360 lbs man, maxed at 375 and again leg pressed for over 850.

Both of these two linemen are great players showing heart and dedication to the game. Both were 2 year all-region and all-states for AA football, and Galvin was selected for Minot all-area team. And this summer both players will be competeing in the Shrine bowl, with a good chance as starters.

Two outstanding athletes that were judge souly on stats. You should watch an an athlete player before making outragous claims. 

Congratulations on all the success Double G or Grant Galvin im assuming, i really hope that you do well in the Shrine game, just dont go on a player kicking rampage if you have a bad game.

haha.....burn
propel23

Postby mags » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:08 pm

haha that is really funny cuz i am not from hazen and i happened to see when he kicked that kid. it was really funny and comepletly rediculous
mags
NDPreps Starter

Postby lurkinmid » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:04 pm

I think his walk of shame to the lockeroom at half a mile per hour after was funnier.
Last edited by lurkinmid on Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lurkinmid
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Tide04 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:44 am

lurkinmid wrote:I think his walk of shame to the lockeroom at half a mile per hour after was funnier.

I was by gate where the players  walk out and head to the lockerroom, I think the worst part of the walk had to be enduring a few of the classy Trinity fans dropping the F bomb on him calling him a [url=mailto:!@#$]!@#$[/url] fat man as he walked by.  You have to give the KID credit for not responding. 
Tide04
NDPreps Reserve

Postby propel23 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:43 pm

Tide04 wrote:
lurkinmid wrote:I think his walk of shame to the lockeroom at half a mile per hour after was funnier.

I was by gate where the players  walk out and head to the lockerroom, I think the worst part of the walk had to be enduring a few of the classy Trinity fans dropping the F bomb on him calling him a [url=mailto:!@#$]!@#$[/url] fat butt as he walked by.  You have to give the KID credit for not responding. 

what would he of responded with? I think he did enough by kicking the kid....like mags i also seen it and it was very funny and extremly unnecessary....why would you even think about kicking a kid, you could of atleast pushed him or threw a haymaker something atleast a little more manly, but kicking a kid.....jezz that isnt intimidating at all. if i was the kid that got kicked i would of started laughing at him.
propel23

Postby lurkinmid » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:38 pm

Tide04 wrote:

I was by gate where the players  walk out and head to the lockerroom, I think the worst part of the walk had to be enduring a few of the classy Trinity fans dropping the F bomb on him calling him a [url=mailto:!@#$]!@#$[/url] fat butt as he walked by.  You have to give the KID credit for not responding. 
While the f-bombs arnt necessary i think theres  people from almost any town that wouldve been dropping f-bombs at a stupid thing to do like that. No matter which school you go to if someone did that to a teamate or classmate the students are going to react. You cant just single out Trinity fans.
lurkinmid
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Tide04 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:43 am

lurkinmid wrote:
Tide04 wrote:

While the f-bombs arnt necessary i think theres  people from almost any town that wouldve been dropping f-bombs at a stupid thing to do like that. No matter which school you go to if someone did that to a teamate or classmate the students are going to react. You cant just single out Trinity fans.

Don't get me wrong, I think the act was incredibly stupid and there is no place for it.  If you were at the game, you had to see that he must have thought the same as he didn't appear to complain when he was told he was ejected.  It's an emotional game, and unfortunately for him and his team he lost control of them.  What I meant about giving him credit for not responding, was that he could have easily flipped off the crowd or become combative and challenged some of the hecklers, but he took his mistake like a man. 

I shouldn't have singled out the Trinity fans, but responded that way as the inappropriate comments started from the moment the players walked onto the field.  I do want to apologize for grouping all of the Trinity fans with the actions of a group of students and parents.  As with most crowds, a majority of them were excellent.   
Tide04
NDPreps Reserve

Postby lurkinmid » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:13 pm

Tide04 wrote:
lurkinmid wrote:
Tide04 wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I think the act was incredibly stupid and there is no place for it.  If you were at the game, you had to see that he must have thought the same as he didn't appear to complain when he was told he was ejected.  It's an emotional game, and unfortunately for him and his team he lost control of them.  What I meant about giving him credit for not responding, was that he could have easily flipped off the crowd or become combative and challenged some of the hecklers, but he took his mistake like a man. 

I shouldn't have singled out the Trinity fans, but responded that way as the inappropriate comments started from the moment the players walked onto the field.  I do want to apologize for grouping all of the Trinity fans with the actions of a group of students and parents.  As with most crowds, a majority of them were excellent.   
 Thats understandable i can agree with that.
lurkinmid
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sapp_jr_99 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:38 am

Can you kinda explain the story to me, was the kid from trinity just laying there and he kicked him or what?
sapp_jr_99
NDPreps Starter

Postby lurkinmid » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:56 pm

As far as i know the trinity kid was on the ground while the play was on the other side of the field. Galvin out of frustration at something, kicked him while he was on the ground and got ejected from the game. I was told it took him roughly a half hour to take his walk of shame off the field. Haha jk, but he was obviously very frustrated as it took him a long time. Not the way it shouldve went but you cant justify that sort of action.
lurkinmid
NDPreps Reserve

Postby dukefan32 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:20 pm

Does Hazen lose all of their big lineman or just some of them?
dukefan32
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsubisonfan » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:35 am

most or all of them
ndsubisonfan

Postby highschoolfbfan » Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:51 pm

hazen loses 4 of there starting 5 on the O line and lose 5 or 6 of their starters on D
highschoolfbfan

Postby Ball Till I Fall » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:25 pm

highschoolfbfan wrote:hazen loses 4 of there starting 5 on the O line and lose 5 or 6 of their starters on D

so they gunna be near as tuff as last YR ?
Ball Till I Fall

Postby highschoolfbfan » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:51 pm

they're gonna be tough again but maybe not the best...they still have erhardt who i think will be playing QB this year and they also have 3 stellar running backs with sorensen, marshall, and aaron berger.
highschoolfbfan

Postby lurkinmid » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:53 pm

earhardt will be playing quarterback?
lurkinmid
NDPreps Reserve

Postby DLathlete » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:51 am

highschoolfbfan wrote:i cant think of any other really outstanding linemen...if you can think of a few throw em in.

WOW!!!  u have to be from hazen u DL hater
DLathlete
NDPreps Rookie

Previous

Return to AA