All region players?

The teams in Class AA.

Re: All region players?

Postby thewanderer » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:49 pm

NDsports35 wrote:I'd like to see some names thrown out for all-region.

East- Rodenbiker-Shanely (WR), Monplasier-Shanley (QB), McGovern-Shanely (T/DT), Jalen Ham-Central Cass (WR), Dylan Dunn-Shanley (WR) Lisbon's RB?
West- Mittleider-Carrington (HB), Tescher-St. Mary's/Eriksson-Devil's Lake (QB), Olson-Trinity (WR), Preszler- St. Mary's (WR), Rueb-Beulah (WR), Devil's Lake's RB? Carrington's FB? Fridrich-Trinity/Erickstad-Devil's Lake (TE)

HELP ME OUT HERE!

adam jiskra from grafton plays corner/safety and reciever. he has 12 interceptions and at least that many TD receptions. i am just quessing but i am sure he is well over 1000 yards recieving as well. he is also does well on run suppport. these are all state numbers in by book. JMHO
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:27 am

SBd wrote:Do you think Hanson will be All-State?? Even being out half the season.

Even though Hanson is the best QB in the state he most likely will not be named on the all state team.

#1 because he is a junior with some pretty good senior QB's in AA football this year.

#2 his missing half the season also has a factor in the selection also.
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndfan » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:49 am

Jiskra is hands down 1st team all stater this year, I wouldn't be shocked to see Hanson 2nd team all state as a linebacker but i wouldn't be shocked either if i didn't see him on the list this year.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby EDC » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:26 am

GRIDIRON GURU wrote:
SBd wrote:Do you think Hanson will be All-State?? Even being out half the season.

Even though Hanson is the best QB in the state he most likely will not be named on the all state team.

#1 because he is a junior with some pretty good senior QB's in AA football this year.

#2 his missing half the season also has a factor in the selection also.

Hanson is very good but to rate him better than Monplasier-Shanley doesn't seem correct. What more can you ask a QB to do that Monplasier-Shanley hasn't? I would argue that Monplaiser is the best QB in ND in any division. This is not downplaying how good Hanson is.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:47 pm

Monplasier is a product of a system.

Steve Laqua has a great program with an unreal staff.

Rod Oksendahl is his assistant, who is a hall of fame coach, coached Laqua in high school. Rod's son is also an assistant who was the QB on three state championship teams at Cavalier.

Plus shanley has about 10 more paid and volunteer assistants.

Laqua played and coached at NDSU and coached with the most impressive staff that NDSU ever had.

Monplasier is surrounded by good motivated players who are coached up to execute their system to perfection.

Monplasier has a div 1 guard in front of him Hanson has a 150 lb freshman.

Shanleys best player is Rodenbiker, who makes Monplasier look even better.

If I was a college coach I would take Hanson over Monplasier. He is flat out as good as I have seen in high school football in AA.
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby EDC » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:39 pm

Interesting Grid - I was very impressed with Hanson when he played against Shanley. There were a lot of Shanley fans that were impressed by him. Some of this depends on what makes a "better" QB. Who is the better athlete? Who throws better? Who is a better leader? Who makes the best decisions? Who has more desire? Who makes the most with the tools he has? Who is better prepared? No doubt that the coaches at Shanley have helped Monplasier. That kinda strenghtens my case that maybe Monplasier is a little better. Maybe Hanson would be that much better if he were in a similiar position. They both are very good and I enjoy watching them both play. College ball maybe shouldn't be the criteria - how many Heisman Trophy players haven't exceled in the NFL? That said, I know that there are lots of college coaches interested in Monplasier as I am sure is true with Hanson.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby old#63 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:44 pm

Gridiron, you might be able to make an arguement for Hanson for East region QB (personally, I'll take Monplasier), but I think for my AA all state QB, I'll take Tescher from Bismarck. Hanson is very good, but I don't rate him as the best QB in the state. I will give you this though, both Monplasier and Tescher have a better line in front of them than Hanson does.
old#63
NDPreps All-State

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:37 pm

There are some good QB's in AA this year, I don't want to take anything from any of those guys. But I was impressed more by Hanson.
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby thewanderer » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:39 pm

i think the issue with hanson is that he missed 4 games completely with a broken wrist and was recovering as the season progressed. he was all region honarable mention last season as a sophomore. he didnt really start to break out as a really good qb until late in the season when they went to a shotgun spread offense to give hime more time. the real breakout game was a loss against shanley at the end of theswason last year in which he had a 350yrd 4 TD game. my point is, his brighter days are ahead for hanson. if he wouldnt have gotten hurt and he produced big numbers all season with a strugling line, maybe he could match up with Montplasier. the reality is, he did get hurt. better luck next year to him. i am a fan. JMHO
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indy5 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:05 pm

GRIDIRON GURU wrote:Monplasier is a product of a system.

Steve Laqua has a great program with an unreal staff.

Rod Oksendahl is his assistant, who is a hall of fame coach, coached Laqua in high school. Rod's son is also an assistant who was the QB on three state championship teams at Cavalier.

Plus shanley has about 10 more paid and volunteer assistants.

Laqua played and coached at NDSU and coached with the most impressive staff that NDSU ever had.

Monplasier is surrounded by good motivated players who are coached up to execute their system to perfection.

Monplasier has a div 1 guard in front of him Hanson has a 150 lb freshman.

Shanleys best player is Rodenbiker, who makes Monplasier look even better.

If I was a college coach I would take Hanson over Monplasier. He is flat out as good as I have seen in high school football in AA.

I don't think you can call this being a product of a system. I agree that all that coaching and talent certainly helps a lot, but you can't call him a system quarterback. A system quarterback would be like a college QB putting up giant numbers because they run 5 wide sets the whole game.

Also, that coaching helps make Monplaiser a better player by helping him reach his potential, not necessarily just making him look better than he is.

I can't comment on who is better because I haven't seen Hanson play before. I've only heard great things of him. I only time I've seen Monplaiser play was in the title game last year. As I recall, he did most of his damage running the option that game, not necessarily throwing.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:20 pm

Monplaiser's ability to execute the belly option is what makes Shanley so dangerous. Plus the fact that Rodenbiker can catch anything thrown in the same township.

Monplaiser is a great gifted athlete but if he was playing for Davies or Grand Forks Central we would not be having this conversation.
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby coolhandluke » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:58 pm

No. All-region maybe as he has been OK and has racked up the "stats" in a short time - but the other quarterback from Grafton from what I hear was or is just as good, and they played more of a team game with him. He won a few games and was just dismissed when Hanson came back, losing to Devils Lake by only two points his first or second game as a starter.
coolhandluke
NDPreps Reserve

Postby old#63 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:27 pm

Demers did a great job at QB when Hanson was out, and I think the passing game was just as good. But Hanson is a more slippery runner and adds an extra element to the offense. You have to also remember that right about the time Hanson came back, Grafton lost a couple key linemen to injury. Hopefully those linemen will be back for the Devil's Lake game.
old#63
NDPreps All-State

Postby NDsports35 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:49 pm

To be All-State, you have t be the best quarterback in the state. Does Myles Montplaisir come to mind?
NDsports35
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:01 pm

don't know why this came up when we are talking all-region players.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby northdakotasports07 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:00 am

NDsports35 wrote:

To be All-State, you have t be the best quarterback in the state. Does Myles Montplaisir come to mind?

clearly montplaisir comes to mind first
northdakotasports07
NDPreps Reserve

Postby thewanderer » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:11 pm

let me see, Montplaisir is the defending state champ, undefeated this season, ha fenomial numbers, and was all state last year. hanson is very good but the circumstances are so different, especially with an injury. i dont know how many kids make all state, all region, ect. at each position. both players deserve to be in the mix but this year, under these circumstances, montplaisir is the best QB in the state. maybe next year will be hansons turn. i hope so as i am a fan of both QBs. JMHO
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Postby johnson11111 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:37 pm

When are the AA all region football teams announced???
johnson11111
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to AA