Realignment talk: Here we go

The teams in Class AA.

Re: Realignment talk: Here we go

Postby scc » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:46 pm

Indy5 wrote:
COACHWEST wrote:New proposal (2011-2012) is out today on NDHSAA.com.

http://www.ndhsaa.org/athletics/football

Let the debates begin.

Is there any way GCC could break up that co-op a little? I just don't think thats a team that should be in AA football.

That is beyond crazy! Hopefully they can get a school to opt up, because there is no way they should be forced to play in AA.
scc
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:47 am

That is crazy, too. I'm guessing something will change with their co-op before the plan gets finalized if they are stuck in AA. Can't see any team opting up either. I'm sure Watford and Hazen are just fine being in A and I can't see Botno opting back up into AA because of travel. Nice to see Harvey, Velva, and DT opt up and stay in their divisions. Lot of interesting changes, tho. Teams like Cav, Bowman, and Lamoure that have been 11man forever moving down to 9man, while Kidder, DSTVE, WNG, and RTH who have been 9man forever moving up to 11man. Didn't look at region assignments too closely, but I think its rediculous that they have Benson Cty in reg 3 playing up in the NE when Northstar makes more sense to have up in that region. VC playing in the West region of AA is interesting, too, but I don't know what other team you move over in that region....unless a team out west opts up
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:53 am

ndlionsfan wrote:That is crazy, too. I'm guessing something will change with their co-op before the plan gets finalized if they are stuck in AA. Can't see any team opting up either. I'm sure Watford and Hazen are just fine being in A and I can't see Botno opting back up into AA because of travel. Nice to see Harvey, Velva, and DT opt up and stay in their divisions. Lot of interesting changes, tho. Teams like Cav, Bowman, and Lamoure that have been 11man forever moving down to 9man, while Kidder, DSTVE, WNG, and RTH who have been 9man forever moving up to 11man. Didn't look at region assignments too closely, but I think its rediculous that they have Benson Cty in reg 3 playing up in the NE when Northstar makes more sense to have up in that region. VC playing in the West region of AA is interesting, too, but I don't know what other team you move over in that region....unless a team out west opts up

Barnes Griggs made their bed with their idiotic coop now they have to sleep in it.
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:06 pm

well the realignment has Oak Grove in AA and they won't have as many kids starting in 2011 because Park Christian wants to field their own team in MN 9-man that year
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores@yahoo.com
THANKS!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:28 pm

That would drop them down to A and probably bump Botno back up to AA. I'd assume the board would put Botno in the west, moving VC back to the east.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:29 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:That would drop them down to A and probably bump Botno back up to AA. I'd assume the board would put Botno in the west, moving VC back to the east.

That would be fairly ideal.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to AA