What's up with St. Marys

The teams in Class AA.

Re: What's up with St. Marys

Postby 12321 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:55 pm

Hearing that a team doesnt want to win is easily one of the dumbest statements i have ever heard. If a player truely didnt want to win wouldnt that defeat the purpose of going to practice everyday and doing stuff in the offseason. I highly doubt any player would stick it out on a team that wouldnt want to win.

34 kids are on the roster, yes but only 27 players practice with the varsity team. 7 of the kids are just listed on the roster.

plus they just lost Weston Bowker for the season last week.
12321
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:19 pm

Re: What's up with St. Marys

Postby baseball18 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:04 am

Mailman_25 wrote:St. Mary's only has 23 players?????? Try 34 kids in grades 10-12, which means about 45-50 kids out in grades 9-12.


this is not including sophomores on the team i believe???
baseball18
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 582
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 2:47 pm

Re: What's up with St. Marys

Postby The People » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:28 am

12321 wrote:Hearing that a team doesnt want to win is easily one of the dumbest statements i have ever heard. If a player truely didnt want to win wouldnt that defeat the purpose of going to practice everyday and doing stuff in the offseason. I highly doubt any player would stick it out on a team that wouldnt want to win.

34 kids are on the roster, yes but only 27 players practice with the varsity team. 7 of the kids are just listed on the roster.

plus they just lost Weston Bowker for the season last week.



This doesn't make sense to me if you have a shortage of players why would you have 7 kids just listed on the roster instead of having them practice? Do you mean those 7 are injured or whats the deal with that?
The People
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:16 pm

Re: What's up with St. Marys

Postby 12321 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:46 pm

The People wrote:
12321 wrote:Hearing that a team doesnt want to win is easily one of the dumbest statements i have ever heard. If a player truely didnt want to win wouldnt that defeat the purpose of going to practice everyday and doing stuff in the offseason. I highly doubt any player would stick it out on a team that wouldnt want to win.

34 kids are on the roster, yes but only 27 players practice with the varsity team. 7 of the kids are just listed on the roster.

plus they just lost Weston Bowker for the season last week.



This doesn't make sense to me if you have a shortage of players why would you have 7 kids just listed on the roster instead of having them practice? Do you mean those 7 are injured or whats the deal with that?


They play subvarsity. They list every sophomore on the roster. That doesnt mean they play
12321
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:19 pm

Re: What's up with St. Marys

Postby Mailman_25 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:56 pm

So are school's only supposed to list the kids that play on their rosters. There is not a school in AA football that plays over 24 kids not counting special teams. St. Marys has just as many kids as any other team in AA football.
Mailman_25
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:39 am

Re: What's up with St. Marys

Postby 4thliner » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:35 pm

St.marys has enough kids to make a offense and defense with 2 kids sitting on the side
4thliner
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:34 am

Re: What's up with St. Marys

Postby eggman » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:47 pm

4thliner wrote:St.marys has enough kids to make a offense and defense with 2 kids sitting on the side

I don't think there is a team in AA football that plays 22 staters.
eggman
 

Re: What's up with St. Marys

Postby Track66 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:06 pm

Mailman_25 wrote:St. Mary's only has 23 players?????? Try 34 kids in grades 10-12, which means about 45-50 kids out in grades 9-12.


This is not a ture statement whoever mailman_35 is...the 23 players is a more accurate statement
Track66
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:06 am

Re: What's up with St. Marys

Postby Track66 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:08 pm

MARKWALD23 wrote:I only said that in may be incorrect to cover myself. But I'm it's true becuase the person that I heard this from has a kid attending St. Mary's.


Mark Wald...that is a rediculous statement....it does not matter that the parent if from St. Mary's if they have no affiliation with the football team...how would he/she know....That statement is not true
Track66
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:06 am

Re: What's up with St. Marys

Postby See Me » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:15 am

After seeing St. Maries play this weekend, i believe that they need a deeper play book. it seemed like they had bout 6 plays is all they ran. sweeps and jets to both sides and the occasional counter. they have a few stud players that they need to get the ball to a lot more for things to work out better. #7 Andrew Carlson is a hard runner and can put a lot of the linebackers on there backs if he wud get more touches. the QB... #2? has a real nice ball and tight spiral, but they have no well drawn up pass plays for him to show what he can do. and there kicker.... best ive seen in high school this year.
See Me
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:04 am

Re: What's up with St. Marys

Postby Mailman_25 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:39 am

Count them up boys! And don't go thru the roster and tell us what sophmores don't play. Every team has sophmores, juniors, and seniors that don't play. Add a normal freshman class and you have over 40 players.



Bismarck St. Mary's Team Roster
Name Grade # Height Weight Position
Preston Tescher 10 5 6' 0'' 170 Linebacker Quarterback
Andrew Carlson 12 7 6' 1'' 185 Running Back Strong Safety
John Welk 11 9 5' 10'' 160 Running Back Free Safety
Ryan Huber 12 10 5' 10'' 160 Wide Receiver Cornerback
Davis Becker 12 15 6' 0'' 160 Wide Receiver Free Safety
Brock Krumm 11 17 5' 10'' 150 Running Back Strong Safety
Daniel Kovar 11 20 5' 10'' 150 Running Back Strong Safety
Vincent Sweeney 10 27 5' 11'' 160 Linebacker Running Back
Presley Becker 12 29 5' 9'' 170 Linebacker Running Back
Nicholas Keller 12 30 5' 9'' 150 Wide Receiver Cornerback
Jordan Weichel 10 33 5' 11'' 160 Linebacker Running Back
Joshua McCormick 10 34 5' 8'' 140 Cornerback
Benjamin Schwieters 11 35 5' 11'' 160 Linebacker Running Back
Lance Becker 11 40 5' 8'' 150 Running Back Cornerback
Joe Kassian 10 41 5' 11'' 150 Running Back Strong Safety
Joseph Klabo 11 50 6' 1'' 200 Linebacker Center
Michael Berger 10 52 6' 1'' 190 Linebacker Center
Travis Miller 11 55 6' 2'' 190 Defensive End Guard
Alex Kopp 12 57 5' 10'' 170 Linebacker
Austin Schmidt 11 60 5' 10'' 160 Defensive End Guard
Peter Bopp 11 64 6' 3'' 250 Tackle
Tanner Megal 11 65 6' 2'' 170 Defensive End Tackle
Ryan David 12 66 6' 0'' 220 Defensive End Tackle
Weston Bowker 12 69 5' 11'' 170 Linebacker Guard
Peter Deichert 12 72 5' 11'' 200 Defensive Lineman
Christopher Kambeitz 12 73 6' 0'' 220 Guard Tackle
Alex Herold 10 74 6' 3'' 250 Tackle
Luke Pfleger 10 75 6' 0'' 200 Tackle
Andrew Nelson 11 79 5' 11'' 200 Kicker
Nick Jangula 11 80 6' 1'' 170 Linebacker Wide Receiver
Kurt Bry 11 84 6' 0'' 155 Wide Receiver Strong Safety
Jonathan Preszler 11 86 6' 3'' 170 Wide Receiver Cornerback
Alexander Willey 10 87 6' 1'' 160 Wide Receiver Cornerback
Mailman_25
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:39 am

Re: What's up with St. Marys

Postby DoUbLeAaLlThEwAy » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:06 pm

Mostly their losses
DoUbLeAaLlThEwAy
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:36 pm

Re: What's up with St. Marys

Postby See Me » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:10 pm

Carlson move to middle linebacker?
See Me
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:04 am

Re: What's up with St. Marys

Postby MARKWALD23 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:45 pm

To all the people who question me I got this to say. First off I posted what I heard nothing more nothing less. Second I myself questioned if the St. Mary's football team would actually do something like that. So enough with questioning what I posted.
MARKWALD23
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:41 pm

Re: What's up with St. Marys

Postby feedthemule8 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:09 pm

st. marys talent comes from two kids and two kids only. Kurt Bry and Dan Kovar. Dan hits as hard as joe montana and runs faster than john welk. Kurt Bry has better football scense than Brett Farve and more moves than adrain peterson. Watch for these two to be dominating the NFL in a few years. thats whats up with st. marys topic closed
feedthemule8
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:46 pm

Re: What's up with St. Marys

Postby footbrawl » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:18 pm

feedthemule8 wrote:st. marys talent comes from two kids and two kids only. Kurt Bry and Dan Kovar. Dan hits as hard as joe montana and runs faster than john welk. Kurt Bry has better football scense than Brett Farve and more moves than adrain peterson. Watch for these two to be dominating the NFL in a few years. thats whats up with st. marys topic closed


I agree word for word right there
User avatar
footbrawl
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:31 pm

Re: What's up with St. Marys

Postby benchwarmer19 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:25 pm

I heard they have both received phone calls from roughly half the NFL teams. Word is they plan on declaring for the draft as soon as possible.
benchwarmer19
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:26 pm

Re: What's up with St. Marys

Postby See Me » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:15 pm

footbrawl wrote:
feedthemule8 wrote:st. marys talent comes from two kids and two kids only. Kurt Bry and Dan Kovar. Dan hits as hard as joe montana and runs faster than john welk. Kurt Bry has better football scense than Brett Farve and more moves than adrain peterson. Watch for these two to be dominating the NFL in a few years. thats whats up with st. marys topic closed


I agree word for word right there

im guessing this is a big joke or something right? they had a few kids that looked good in warm ups but once game started only kid that came to play was #7.... a few other kids had some nice hits on special teams when the kids they were hitting were not looking(not taking anything away from the hit) but other than that..... i can only laugh when i read your post.
See Me
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:04 am

Re: What's up with St. Marys

Postby feedthemule8 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:34 pm

See Me wrote:
footbrawl wrote:
feedthemule8 wrote:st. marys talent comes from two kids and two kids only. Kurt Bry and Dan Kovar. Dan hits as hard as joe montana and runs faster than john welk. Kurt Bry has better football scense than Brett Farve and more moves than adrain peterson. Watch for these two to be dominating the NFL in a few years. thats whats up with st. marys topic closed


I agree word for word right there

im guessing this is a big joke or something right? they had a few kids that looked good in warm ups but once game started only kid that came to play was #7.... a few other kids had some nice hits on special teams when the kids they were hitting were not looking(not taking anything away from the hit) but other than that..... i can only laugh when i read your post.


that is the dumbest comment i have ever heard kid. They are both getting looked at by pro teams, and are going to enter the draft very soon so you probably shouldnt comment unless you know what you are talking about
feedthemule8
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:46 pm

Previous

Return to AA

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests