What's up with St. Marys

The teams in Class AA.

What's up with St. Marys

Postby football101 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:05 pm

I didn't think they would have three loses all year.
football101
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:55 am

Re: What's up with St. Marys

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:17 pm

Guess Droppin Down Wasn't Be As Easy As They Thought!
User avatar
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 935
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:08 pm
Location: Some Place In Region 4

Re: What's up with St. Marys

Postby MARKWALD23 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:43 pm

What I'm about to say is what I heard so it may be incorrect. I heard that the kids didn't want to be sent a class down. So they have decided not to play hard. To me it's pretty stupid of them if it's true.
MARKWALD23
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:41 pm

Re: What's up with St. Marys

Postby Unity77 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:01 pm

This is possibly one of the lamest things I've ever read. Honestly, is this an excuse for losing or are the players really that dumb? If they aren't trying because they had to drop a class, it just shows how classless they are as individuals, doesn't say much about the program, and even gives some insight as to what their parents are like. If it is true, each of those losers will have a tough time in life. Morons.
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:48 pm

Re: What's up with St. Marys

Postby steve34 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:47 pm

I agree. They weren't very good at 3A, so I would think moving down would actually be motivation to play hard and win some games. This whole thread goes to show how little respect they and the rest of the big schools have for 2A teams.

Here's a thought: Since 2A is no challenge for St. Marys, and since they were just beaten by a previously 0-3 Carrington team, let's see if we can't get them a boost. Go play Bismarck High in an exhibition game. I'm sure playing a tough 3A school is just what the Saints need to really bring out their competitive side and fix the season.
steve34
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:00 am

Re: What's up with St. Marys

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:21 am

steve34 wrote:I agree. They weren't very good at 3A, so I would think moving down would actually be motivation to play hard and win some games. This whole thread goes to show how little respect they and the rest of the big schools have for 2A teams.

Here's a thought: Since 2A is no challenge for St. Marys, and since they were just beaten by a previously 0-3 Carrington team, let's see if we can't get them a boost. Go play Bismarck High in an exhibition game. I'm sure playing a tough 3A school is just what the Saints need to really bring out their competitive side and fix the season.


Carringtons not a bad team even if there now 1-3 think you could ask any coach that.. they have lost them 3 games by a td
User avatar
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 935
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:08 pm
Location: Some Place In Region 4

Re: What's up with St. Marys

Postby mplsfan » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:04 am

Wait a second, just because someone said they "heard" something and even qualified it by saying "it may be incorrect" all of the sudden it's truth. St. Mary's kids all have bad attitudes and they got it from their parents, all of 3A now disrespects 2A. Oh, and St. Mary's players are all classless individuals, losers who will have a tough time in life. Wow, that disinegrated quickly!!! Lighten up people. I doubt all of these kids are headed to a life of loserdom just because someone "heard" something.
mplsfan
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:00 pm

Re: What's up with St. Marys

Postby Baller22 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:34 pm

Just sounds like a poor excuse for losing to me. If it stuff them off so much they should just try as hard as they can and show why they deserved to stay in 3A and show that they can compete well at that level rather then coming to 2A and not trying because all that says is wow they really couldn't handle 3A then.
Baller22
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:26 pm

Re: What's up with St. Marys

Postby baseball18 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:06 pm

it's the same as it's always been at St. Mary's... the offense can move the ball and put up the points, but the defense is another story. the coaches at SM have always spent so much time on the offense and not nearly as much on the defense. when you just do form tackling drills for 5 min., individual positions for 10 min. and then offense the rest of the practice, thats not going to make your defense any good. the defense the last several years has had trouble stopping opponents and giving up big plays. lack of discipline has hurt them as well... id say penalties and defense are what's brought them down
baseball18
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 582
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 2:47 pm

Re: What's up with St. Marys

Postby MARKWALD23 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:37 pm

I only said that in may be incorrect to cover myself. But I'm it's true becuase the person that I heard this from has a kid attending St. Mary's.
MARKWALD23
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:41 pm

Re: What's up with St. Marys

Postby Hinsa » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:16 pm

MARKWALD23 wrote:I only said that in may be incorrect to cover myself. But I'm it's true becuase the person that I heard this from has a kid attending St. Mary's.


Just because some kid attending St. Mary's said something it DOES NOT make it true. I cannot believe that a team isn't going to play hard just because they got moved down a class. This sounds like an excuse from someone who doesn't play and is trying to explain away the losses.

To the "authority" that Wald23 is quoting - man up and accept the fact you are getting beat.

Besides, there is a policy against spreading rumors or "things you heard" on this site. Give opinions, talk about what's going wrong at St. Mary's, but stop with the "I heard" junk.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
User avatar
Hinsa
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1901
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:53 am
Location: THE Red River Valley Conference

Re: What's up with St. Marys

Postby tmill81 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:17 pm

Mark Wald watch yourself...that is not true at all..whoever you THINK told you that is either lying or a freshman..the team doesnt want to lose because of moving down...that is the most ridiculous thing ive ever heard. i dont know who you are but you need to watch what you say...the team has had some injuries and players are playin through them and obviously they dont hav a lot of depth...end of discussion this team has great potential
tmill81
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:26 pm

Re: What's up with St. Marys

Postby benchwarmer19 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:03 pm

I have not seen St. Mary's play and judging by their record, I can't say they have "great" potential. However, other than this statement I agree with your post tmill. If anyone really believed there were St. Mary's kids who "wanted to lose" you must be oblivious to how much time and effort goes into being a football player. How many kids would go through two-a-days at the end of summer, practice everyday after school, and spend every friday night playing if they "really didn't care" or "wanted to lose." Please think next time you post something on the world wide web for anyone to read.
benchwarmer19
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:26 pm

Re: What's up with St. Marys

Postby MARKWALD23 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:44 pm

tmill81 wrote:Mark Wald watch yourself...that is not true at all..whoever you THINK told you that is either lying or a freshman..the team doesnt want to lose because of moving down...that is the most ridiculous thing ive ever heard. i dont know who you are but you need to watch what you say...the team has had some injuries and players are playin through them and obviously they dont hav a lot of depth...end of discussion this team has great potential


Who are you to tell me to watch myself. This person that told me is a grown adult who has no reason to lie about it. Maybe it's sorta like the game telephone or whatever thay call it now, and that's what she heard. I have no clue as to what's going on. Are they suppose to be good like everybody has been saying as they were ranked 3rd preseason or aren't they really that good?
MARKWALD23
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:41 pm

Re: What's up with St. Marys

Postby baseball18 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:47 am

MARKWALD23 wrote:
tmill81 wrote:Mark Wald watch yourself...that is not true at all..whoever you THINK told you that is either lying or a freshman..the team doesnt want to lose because of moving down...that is the most ridiculous thing ive ever heard. i dont know who you are but you need to watch what you say...the team has had some injuries and players are playin through them and obviously they dont hav a lot of depth...end of discussion this team has great potential


Who are you to tell me to watch myself. This person that told me is a grown adult who has no reason to lie about it. Maybe it's sorta like the game telephone or whatever thay call it now, and that's what she heard. I have no clue as to what's going on. Are they suppose to be good like everybody has been saying as they were ranked 3rd preseason or aren't they really that good?


sounds like a parent just making excuses

SM has the talent, they just seem to shoot themselves in the foot quite a bit
baseball18
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 582
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 2:47 pm

Re: What's up with St. Marys

Postby ndfbfanatic » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:03 am

Give me a break. You don't go through 2 weeks of two a days, months in the weightroom, and all the blood, sweat and pain to lose on purpose. That is just crazy. Totally sounds like a parent trying to justify a bad season. I like your quote "grown adult" Have you been around high school football?? They are the worst when it comes to making excuses. I'm sorry, but there isn't a kid in the world who plays any sport to lose on purpose for any reason. So they drop down?? Are you trying to tell me that they'd rather stay in AAA and get their butts handed to them?? I mean, they are having a difficult time competeing at AA level. what would happen playing BHS, CHS, MHS etc..... they'd be getting beat by 40+ every Friday. Tell me a kid that would WANT that rather than trying to play for a state title. Sorry, I just don't buy "what you heard"
ndfbfanatic
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:44 am

Re: What's up with St. Marys

Postby MARKWALD23 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:10 pm

baseball18 wrote:
MARKWALD23 wrote:
tmill81 wrote:Mark Wald watch yourself...that is not true at all..whoever you THINK told you that is either lying or a freshman..the team doesnt want to lose because of moving down...that is the most ridiculous thing ive ever heard. i dont know who you are but you need to watch what you say...the team has had some injuries and players are playin through them and obviously they dont hav a lot of depth...end of discussion this team has great potential


Who are you to tell me to watch myself. This person that told me is a grown adult who has no reason to lie about it. Maybe it's sorta like the game telephone or whatever thay call it now, and that's what she heard. I have no clue as to what's going on. Are they suppose to be good like everybody has been saying as they were ranked 3rd preseason or aren't they really that good?


sounds like a parent just making excuses

SM has the talent, they just seem to shoot themselves in the foot quite a bit



Nope, they don't have a child in football.
MARKWALD23
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:41 pm

Re: What's up with St. Marys

Postby steve34 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:01 pm

It doesn't matter. The fact is that it's clear someone is trying to allow St. Marys to hide behind that excuse for losing. 2A is just a lot better than most people thought. Sure, it woudn't compete with South, Bismarck High, or whatever, but a bad team can't just move down and dominate, and that's what St. Mary's has been, a bad team. They found out the hard way it's no walk in the park, and the excuse game has started.

We're not buying.
steve34
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:00 am

Re: What's up with St. Marys

Postby LPB'S37 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:09 am

Idk how they're struggling so bad i thought that they would have been one of the top teams out west but they could always turn it around
LPB'S37
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:42 am

Re: What's up with St. Marys

Postby scruffy » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:08 pm

Very perplexing.. They always managed to compete with the lower rung of the WDA (teams like Mandan, Dickinson, Jamestown etc..) and I expected them to compete for the West region title in "AA"
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 758
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:10 pm
Location: dickinson, , USA

Re: What's up with St. Marys

Postby steve34 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:20 pm

Sounds like a lot of disrespect for the 2A level. Most of those teams would struggle to finish .500 in 2A. Perhaps not in last year's west, but lower level 3A isn't a 2A winner.

"The main difference between 3A and 2A is that 3A has more kids to keep players fresh. The football is just as hard."--Mike McCall, head coach, Wahpeton Huskies.
steve34
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:00 am

Re: What's up with St. Marys

Postby baseball18 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:29 pm

scruffy wrote:Very perplexing.. They always managed to compete with the lower rung of the WDA (teams like Mandan, Dickinson, Jamestown etc..) and I expected them to compete for the West region title in "AA"


they still are competiting for the title, win out and they'd have a great shot
baseball18
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 582
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 2:47 pm

Re: What's up with St. Marys

Postby 4thliner » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:03 pm

the reason that St. Marys has done poorly this year is not their attitude. its the lack of depth, they only have 23 players out for football and how are you supposed to put a offensive line together with that, if it wasnt for there studly skilled players they would easily be 0-5
4thliner
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:34 am

Re: What's up with St. Marys

Postby presz » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:54 pm

Mark Wald, dumbest comments i've ever seen. Guaranteed that every single player on the St. Mary's football team wants to win.
presz
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:11 pm

Re: What's up with St. Marys

Postby Mailman_25 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:41 pm

St. Mary's only has 23 players?????? Try 34 kids in grades 10-12, which means about 45-50 kids out in grades 9-12.
Mailman_25
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:39 am

Next

Return to AA

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests