Rank 'em

The teams in Class AA.

Re: Rank 'em

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:39 pm

ClassBEast wrote:
utilityman wrote:The polls that came out today have Lisbon and Shanley in it with Central Cass honorable mention. I think Central Cass is better than Lisbon and Shanley. They only lost by 1 point to Wahpeton. Also, Valley City has been playing very good lately and I think they will def. beat Lisbon. One thing to look at with Valley City is they've skunked Oak Grove and Kindred in back to back weeks, while Lisbon only beat Oak Grove by 3.

Central Cass and VC aren't getting much respect but thats prob alright with them.

Central Cass plays Shanley on Friday so it will be great to see how that goes. Should be a good game!

They better bring there A game...Shanley will be extremely fired up after all of last weeks stuff and the fact that its their Homecoming!!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby purple_drank » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:37 pm

1. whap.
2. fargo shanley
3. devils lake
4. st. marys
5. Central cass
whap. has a good line and fastest player in the state. some team has to beat them to prove that whap. isnt number one..shanley- i like the offense on this team, and with good stars players i like them at 2. i like devils lake D thats why i got them at number 3.. i like C.C.'s performance against whap they look like a solid team too...havent seen alot of AA this year, but this is just my opinion
purple_drank
NDPreps Starter

Postby highlightstick2010 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:59 pm

How can you have dl behind shanley. Dl is undefeated and have two shutouts in a row.
highlightstick2010
NDPreps Rookie

Postby DoUbLeAaLlThEwAy » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:51 pm

True they are undefeated and they have the two shutouts in a row but look who they have played and especially the shutouts. They are the top team in the west but i think the east is more of a tough league to play in.
DoUbLeAaLlThEwAy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby und52 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:50 pm

highlightstick2010 wrote:How can you have dl behind shanley. Dl is undefeated and have two shutouts in a row.

Shanley's two loses have been to Whapeton who is the top team in AA and to Red River a AAA team. They beat Detroit Lakes who is a 4A team in Minnesota. Devils Lake has not played against competition that even comes close to what Shanley has played.
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious."
Vince Lombardi
und52
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:03 pm

purple_drank wrote:1. whap.
2. fargo shanley
3. devils lake
4. st. marys
5. Central cass
whap. has a good line and fastest player in the state. some team has to beat them to prove that whap. isnt number one..shanley- i like the offense on this team, and with good stars players i like them at 2. i like devils lake D thats why i got them at number 3.. i like C.C.'s performance against whap they look like a solid team too...havent seen alot of AA this year, but this is just my opinion

Isnt Welk the fastest in state from St.Mary ?? By way St. Mary is 1-3 how are they 4???
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby highlightstick2010 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:09 pm

Shanley is better then there record suggests but I still think DL is better. We will see how good each team is this Friday. I think they each play a top 4 team in their conference.
highlightstick2010
NDPreps Rookie

Postby gator1o » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:50 pm

1. Whapeton-Probably the best running back in all of AA now that Carrington's is hurt.
2. Devils Lake-solid team all around
3. Lisbon
4.Central Cass
5.Dickinson Trinity-Had alot of close games, but find some way to win.

I think the East Region has better teams/competition this year.
gator1o
NDPreps Starter

Postby beaplayer » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:34 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
ClassBEast wrote:
utilityman wrote:The polls that came out today have Lisbon and Shanley in it with Central Cass honorable mention. I think Central Cass is better than Lisbon and Shanley. They only lost by 1 point to Wahpeton. Also, Valley City has been playing very good lately and I think they will def. beat Lisbon. One thing to look at with Valley City is they've skunked Oak Grove and Kindred in back to back weeks, while Lisbon only beat Oak Grove by 3.

Central Cass and VC aren't getting much respect but thats prob alright with them.

Central Cass plays Shanley on Friday so it will be great to see how that goes. Should be a good game!

They better bring there A game...Shanley will be extremely fired up after all of last weeks stuff and the fact that its their Homecoming!!

I would say Casselton is pretty use to being everyone's homecoming, so bring it on!
beaplayer
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bballfan7 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:33 pm

gator1o wrote:1. Whapeton-Probably the best running back in all of AA now that Carrington's is hurt.
2. Devils Lake-solid team all around
3. Lisbon
4.Central Cass
5.Dickinson Trinity-Had alot of close games, but find some way to win.

I think the East Region has better teams/competition this year.

Seriously?? The best now that Carringtons is hurt?? Have you seen smith play hes way better than Carringtons back, the only back in the state that comes close to him is Miller from BHS and he plays AAA. Schell is a good back to and i would take him over Carringtons.
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby PeopleRTalkin » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:00 pm

2. fargo shanley
3. devils lake
4. st. marys
5. Central cass

Just their defense? what about that offense of theirs?
PeopleRTalkin
NDPreps Reserve

Postby DoUbLeAaLlThEwAy » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:55 pm

PeopleRTalkin wrote:
2. fargo shanley
3. devils lake
4. st. marys
5. Central cass

What about it? Grafton 1-3, Beulah 1-3, Bottineau 1-3. Valley City was a blowout, but none of these teams are hard to beat. I do think Devils Lake is the number one team in the west but its because of their defense.
DoUbLeAaLlThEwAy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby PeopleRTalkin » Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:32 pm

DoUbLeAaLlThEwAy wrote:
PeopleRTalkin wrote:
2. fargo shanley
3. devils lake
4. st. marys
5. Central cass

What about it? Grafton 1-3, Beulah 1-3, Bottineau 1-3. Valley City was a blowout, but none of these teams are hard to beat. I do think Devils Lake is the number one team in the west but its because of their defense.

Their Defense is really good but look at the points they put up. They average like 34 pts a game. Thats tough to against any team. And look at productions from Wolf. He put up 200+ yds in two games to go with 9 TDs. That cant tell me there is no offense what so ever. Their o line is also tough.
PeopleRTalkin
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:35 pm

PeopleRTalkin wrote:
DoUbLeAaLlThEwAy wrote:
PeopleRTalkin wrote:
2. fargo shanley
3. devils lake
4. st. marys
5. Central cass

Their Defense is really good but look at the points they put up. They average like 34 pts a game. Thats tough to against any team. And look at productions from Wolf. He put up 200+ yds in two games to go with 9 TDs. That cant tell me there is no offense what so ever. Their o line is also tough.

Yeah but how are those other teams' defenses!! NOT very good in my opinion...best would be VC and they played like crap in that first week!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby NorthDakota11 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:14 pm

Devils Lake vs. Trinity is really turning into a big game this week... neither team has really played anybody... right now in strength of schedule I might give Trinity the nod because they have played Carrington who is better then there 1-3 record.

The game tomorrow night I believe will decide who the #1 seed out of the West will be and will be the surefire #2 team in the state behind Waph... who i think is #1 until someone beats them or Shanley and CC fall of the map...

Devils Lake is tough to beat at home but I don't think it affects the East teams in the playoffs much if they have to go to a #1 Devils Lake like 30 minutes away (I know it'd be more then that but I had to take a little stab at the geography of AA this year)... if Trinity is the #1 its at least 3 1/2 hours for every team coming to the new Badlands activity center.
"Why did you go for two?"

"Because I couldn't go for three..." - Woody Hayes
NorthDakota11
NDPreps Starter

Postby DoUbLeAaLlThEwAy » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:37 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
PeopleRTalkin wrote:
DoUbLeAaLlThEwAy wrote:
PeopleRTalkin wrote:
2. fargo shanley
3. devils lake
4. st. marys
5. Central cass

Yeah but how are those other teams' defenses!! NOT very good in my opinion...best would be VC and they played like crap in that first week!

I didnt have the chance to see Valley City and Devils Lake play but I agree, how are those other teams' defenses!?
DoUbLeAaLlThEwAy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:19 am

My NEW Rankings:

1. Wahpeton
2. Dickinson Trinity
3. Devils Lake
4. Lisbon
5. Fargo Shanley

RV: Bismarck St. Marys, Carrington
Run4Fun2009