Best Lineman

The teams in Class AA.

Best Lineman

Postby BALLIN5225 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:04 pm

I think that Cordahl kid from Hatton-Northwood could be a stud this year if he commits himself in the off season, i have talked to college coaches and they say he could be receiving scholarships at division 2 and some 1AA levels if he works his butt off and gets quicker off the line.
BALLIN5225
NDPreps Rookie

Re: Best Lineman

Postby northdakotasports07 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:14 am

I"m going to have to go with Connor McGovern from shanley. he will be a 3rd year starter as a junior next year. he is a beast. he was all state as a sophmore. who else have u heard of that is an all state sophmore.
northdakotasports07
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ballin12 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:02 pm

Tanner Cordahl was all-state as a freshman
Ballin12

Postby 4thliner » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:23 pm

look out for peter bopp from st. marys next year.... he still has to prove himself but he has the potential being 6' 3" 265 lb. he has it in his genes with having his dad playing at northwestern
4thliner
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Dawg245 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:55 pm

northdakotasports07 wrote:I"m going to have to go with Connor McGovern from shanley. he will be a 3rd year starter as a junior next year. he is a beast. he was all state as a sophmore. who else have u heard of that is an all state sophmore.

Was he #75??? Mitterling and Iverson from Wahp will both be very good this year.
Dawg245
NDPreps Starter

Postby gunslinger13 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:05 pm

he was #75 and he is a beast he plays on a whole nother level hes 6 4" 270 and tanner cordhal isnt even listed on the all state team and hes 6 feet 190
LOVE ME SEXY:P
gunslinger13
NDPreps Starter

Postby Dawg245 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:42 pm

gunslinger13 wrote:he was #75 and he is a beast he plays on a whole nother level hes 6 4" 270 and tanner cordhal isnt even listed on the all state team and hes 6 feet 190

Yeah he was a monster. I wouldn't want to line up across from him.
Dawg245
NDPreps Starter

Postby ellen » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:20 pm

the best lineman in the state are obviously the returning starters from devils lake... Jared Swenseth, Connor swiontek, and John traynor
ellen
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:53 am

The best three lineman in the state in AA are all from Devils Lake?

Now that I think about it, yeah, that is obvious, Devils Lake really kicked butt last year after Kavali broke his foot, those underclassmen really picked it up and carried Devils Lake right to the State Championship.

I forgot how good Devils Lakes line was after they lost Kavali. Truly Devastating!!!

What a great obvious observation on the three best lineman in the state! thanks for that!!!
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby MoSiouxFan » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:13 pm

GRIDIRON GURU wrote:The best three lineman in the state in AA are all from Devils Lake?

Now that I think about it, yeah, that is obvious, Devils Lake really kicked butt last year after Kavali broke his foot, those underclassmen really picked it up and carried Devils Lake right to the State Championship.

I forgot how good Devils Lakes line was after they lost Kavali. Truly Devastating!!!

What a great obvious observation on the three best lineman in the state! thanks for that!!!

If all you have to offer is sarcasm, please keep your observations to yourself; everyone's entitled to their opinion.
MoSiouxFan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:30 am

O.K., I will give you an informed reply without the sarcasm.

by ellen » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:20 pm

"the best lineman in the state are obviously the returning starters from devils lake... Jared Swenseth, Connor swiontek, and John traynor"

Dear ellen, I was wondering what you are basing your confident response on, that Swenseth, Swiontek, and Tarynor are the best retruning linemen in all of Class AA football.

Just curious, because I thought that last year while following AA football across the state I thought that Devils Lake had a pretty salty team and I was impressed with the big Kavali kid. But if I remember correctly Kavali broke his foot against Central Cass and after that Devils Lake's season was pretty much over.

IN MY OPINION if Devils Lake had the three best returning linemen still on the field they would have put up better numbers against teams like Valley City and Watford City. But they did not, and I was simply confused by your statement that these three guys are obviously the best three linemen in the state.
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby MoSiouxFan » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:07 pm

GRIDIRON GURU wrote:O.K., I will give you an informed reply without the sarcasm.

by ellen » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:20 pm

"the best lineman in the state are obviously the returning starters from devils lake... Jared Swenseth, Connor swiontek, and John traynor"

Dear ellen, I was wondering what you are basing your confident response on, that Swenseth, Swiontek, and Tarynor are the best retruning linemen in all of Class AA football.

Just curious, because I thought that last year while following AA football across the state I thought that Devils Lake had a pretty salty team and I was impressed with the big Kavali kid. But if I remember correctly Kavali broke his foot against Central Cass and after that Devils Lake's season was pretty much over.

IN MY OPINION if Devils Lake had the three best returning linemen still on the field they would have put up better numbers against teams like Valley City and Watford City. But they did not, and I was simply confused by your statement that these three guys are obviously the best three linemen in the state.

Okay, good point. What do you say, Ellen?
MoSiouxFan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ellen » Wed May 20, 2009 7:15 pm

good point but i disagree with saying their season was over because they did go to the semi final playoff game but they def. got beat up by watford
ellen
NDPreps Reserve

Postby PeopleRTalkin » Mon May 25, 2009 10:40 pm

o k Gridiron Guru who are the top lineman in football? since u know so much according to ur name
PeopleRTalkin
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Tue May 26, 2009 12:49 pm

We are talking AA football now not all classes.

It remains to be seen in my opinion, I do not know enough about the new teams comming in, I did not see Whapeton, Shanley or St, Mary's play last year. I am sure they have a lineman or two who would rank in the top ten in AA ball.

I did see Devils Lake play and did not see any dominate performers by under classmen.

I will throw one name out though, Stephen Brauner is a returning lineman for Valley City he is not dominate but is good at what he does, pulling on sweeps, which gives him a little more exposure because he is in space not jammed up in the middle.

There were a lot of quality seniors last year in AA, the new crop has yet to prove themselves.
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby hsfootballfan7 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:34 am

Beulah had three guys who did pretty good at the Valley City team camp, I dont know there names though off of the top of my head
hsfootballfan7
NDPreps Reserve

Postby varsityman75 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:44 pm

the best lineman from one of the new teams is for sure connor mcgovern he has been starting since he was a freshman and he was all state as a sophmore and i say him at ndsu camp and he won all his one on ones and he got best lineman at camp
varsityman75

Return to AA