Valley City vs Watford City STATE FINALS!

The teams in Class AA.

Re: Valley City vs Watford City STATE FINALS!

Postby Dareybuck » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:20 pm

this whole thing seems to be stating the obvious about all-state guys and a good state ship game. can we talk some X's and O's.

If Watford can shut down inside traps along with plays to the outside to Elliot then( which no one seems to stop) then WC can have some success. VC needs to control the Tight end, along with Kirby Knutson(by the way is one tough cookie) then VC can have some success.
i am not bias to either team. GOT IT.
a great player can win a game but a TEAM can win EVERY game.
Dareybuck
NDPreps Starter

Postby allyooper23 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:31 pm

WC is too fast? have you seen who their playing? dumb post
allyooper23
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndfootballwrestling » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:46 pm

This game can go one of two ways--WC or VC. Either team can win it, its gonna depend on who wants it more. I think after 72 years of drought the VC boys want it bad, now it depends how bad they want it.
Fridley will have the WC boys ready to go so who knows.

Lets GO HI-LINERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ndfootballwrestling

Postby westpower » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:35 pm

ndfootballwrestling wrote:This game can go one of two ways--WC or VC. Either team can win it, its gonna depend on who wants it more. I think after 72 years of drought the VC boys want it bad, now it depends how bad they want it.
Fridley will have the WC boys ready to go so who knows.

Lets GO HI-LINERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Watford city is born and bred to play and WIN football games. Every kid plays the game and loves..A loss to some of those kids is close to the end of the world for them....They are more than competetive and this year they will had one more notch to the dynasty of WC and FRED FRIDLEY!
GO WOLVES!!!!!!!!!!!
westpower
NDPreps Starter

Postby steve34 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:06 pm

There is also a revenge factor in the game. It was Watford City who ended Valley City's season in the first year of AA in 1998. The Hi-Liners were also ranked #1 that year. Will history repeat itself, or will a loss be avenged?
steve34
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby AAfootballfan » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:51 pm

steve34 wrote:There is also a revenge factor in the game. It was Watford City who ended Valley City's season in the first year of AA in 1998. The Hi-Liners were also ranked #1 that year. Will history repeat itself, or will a loss be avenged?

This is true, but it was actually the fall of 1997. In 1998 the Wolves went 12-0 and were ranked #1 all year pretty much on their way to a state title. I do remember that game though, Valley was favored to win and that was when Watford got Corey Samuelson back from injury late in that season and made a run all the way to the state title game before losing to Minot Ryan.
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby silentbob » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:10 pm

valley city wins by at least a couple touchdowns. I'm from the west and i've seen both of these teams play more than once. valley city's defense is probably just as good if not better than their offense and thats scary. shutting out hazen last week..who in my opinion has the second best offense in AA was very impressive. there's no way watford can keep up with elliot and olstad. valley city deserves a state title and i hope they get it
silentbob
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ridethetank » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:50 pm

silentbob wrote:valley city wins by at least a couple touchdowns. I'm from the west and i've seen both of these teams play more than once. valley city's defense is probably just as good if not better than their offense and thats scary. shutting out hazen last week..who in my opinion has the second best offense in AA was very impressive. there's no way watford can keep up with elliot and olstad. valley city deserves a state title and i hope they get it

Valley City "deserves" a state title? Im sure there are alot of teams that "Deserve" a state title but few actually WIN a state title, there is a fine line between deserving a state title and going out and winning a state title in every sport not just football....true VC shut out Hazen, good for them. but they shutout a Hazen team that was missing there main offensive weapen (sorenson). Its alot easier shutting out teams that are missing there main point scorers.
ridethetank

Postby GoAus8 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:54 pm

ridethetank wrote:
silentbob wrote:valley city wins by at least a couple touchdowns. I'm from the west and i've seen both of these teams play more than once. valley city's defense is probably just as good if not better than their offense and thats scary. shutting out hazen last week..who in my opinion has the second best offense in AA was very impressive. there's no way watford can keep up with elliot and olstad. valley city deserves a state title and i hope they get it

Valley City "deserves" a state title? Im sure there are alot of teams that "Deserve" a state title but few actually WIN a state title, there is a fine line between deserving a state title and going out and winning a state title in every sport not just football....true VC shut out Hazen, good for them. but they shutout a Hazen team that was missing there main offensive weapen (sorenson). Its alot easier shutting out teams that are missing there main point scorers.

They shut them down even when sorenson was in the game
GoAus8
NDPreps Starter

Postby ridethetank » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:13 am

Correct me if im wrong GoAus08 but the percentage of Hazen getting shut out with Sorenson in the "WHOLE" game is alot smaller then Hazen getting shutout without Sorenson in for 3 qt. of the game?
ridethetank

Postby tweener » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:21 am

ridethetank wrote:Correct me if im wrong GoAus08 but the percentage of Hazen getting shut out with Sorenson in the "WHOLE" game is alot smaller then Hazen getting shutout without Sorenson in for 3 qt. of the game?

Tell me this tank while Sorenson was in the game against WC, was the score not 34-0 before the Sorenson injury?
If VC shuts Hazen out while Sorenson was playing and seemingly had the whole team frustrated because they werent making the big plays that they normally did. This VC team IS NOT your average VC team, these boys have come to play in EVERY game thus far, so now we'll see for the big game. Good luck and Go-Hiliners. :D :D :D
tweener
NDPreps Reserve

Postby tna » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:56 am

tweener wrote:
ridethetank wrote:Correct me if im wrong GoAus08 but the percentage of Hazen getting shut out with Sorenson in the "WHOLE" game is alot smaller then Hazen getting shutout without Sorenson in for 3 qt. of the game?

Tell me this tank while Sorenson was in the game against WC, was the score not 34-0 before the Sorenson injury?
If VC shuts Hazen out while Sorenson was playing and seemingly had the whole team frustrated because they werent making the big plays that they normally did. This VC team IS NOT your average VC team, these boys have come to play in EVERY game thus far, so now we'll see for the big game. Good luck and Go-Hiliners. :D :D :D

actually it was 34-28 when sorenson got injured....
tna

Postby ridethetank » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:10 pm

haha either way it is irrelevant Because we are talking about VC's D not Hazens D.
ridethetank

Postby eastwood99 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:41 pm

Go Wolves!!!
Frank Lucas
eastwood99
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Johhnyping » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:08 pm

Claz B Fan wrote:
redsnowman wrote:I agree both teams have been playing very very well, its going to be a batte in the trenches, but i think if watford can pick apart the hi liners secondary they will win, with Kevin sanford at quarter back and justin flatland at tight end, these kids have been here before and they know what to do to win, but they will need to shut down elliot! This one will come down to the wire, but im taking valley city 16-14
But who will be the home team and who will be the visiting team?? since they are both region winners?? or will it come down to ranking?? somebody got the answer?? :?:

First of all he is very OVERATED. Second of all Valley City has team speed that will be exemplified on the turf even greater. Ill take Valley 27 to 13

I agree with Claz B >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>WC and Flatland are overated Valley 21 WC 7
Johhnyping
NDPreps Starter

Postby Walleye7 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:27 pm

Johhnyping wrote:
Claz B Fan wrote:
redsnowman wrote:I agree both teams have been playing very very well, its going to be a batte in the trenches, but i think if watford can pick apart the hi liners secondary they will win, with Kevin sanford at quarter back and justin flatland at tight end, these kids have been here before and they know what to do to win, but they will need to shut down elliot! This one will come down to the wire, but im taking valley city 16-14
But who will be the home team and who will be the visiting team?? since they are both region winners?? or will it come down to ranking?? somebody got the answer?? :?:

First of all he is very OVERATED. Second of all Valley City has team speed that will be exemplified on the turf even greater. Ill take Valley 27 to 13

Haha overrated??? I dont think so
Walleye7
NDPreps Reserve

Postby westpower » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:43 pm

Walleye7 wrote:
Johhnyping wrote:
Claz B Fan wrote:

Haha overrated??? I dont think so

someone pleeze tell me how he is overrated...I have heard alot of accusations but no evidence...the only evidence i can see is...experienced champion, leading reciever for 3 seasons yards and catches...leader on defense, team captain, multipple all conference and all region and first team all state.....that would prove to show he is one pretty darn good player.......WOLVES!!!
westpower
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDSportsFan » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:54 pm

It's just trash talk, hyping the big game. Those you are going to the games this year will see some great matchups. I'm pretty interested in all of them.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ridethetank » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:47 pm

How is WC overrated? They Did what they had to do to make it to state, and revenged their only loss this season. I Hope all of this makes Flatland and the PACK play even better :) CANT WAIT FOR STATE!!!!!!!!
GO WOLVES!!!
ridethetank

Postby PlayHard-KHCO » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:09 pm

I THINK IT WON'T BE DECIDED UNTIL LATE IN THE GAME- WITH VC GETTING FRUSTRATED NOT BEING ABLE TO MOVE THE BALL LIKE THEY ARE USED TO. I'LL TAKE WATFORD CITY BY 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY AM I YELLING?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
"The road to Easy Street goes through the sewer."
John Madden
PlayHard-KHCO
NDPreps Starter

Postby ridethetank » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:44 am

LOUD NOISES!!!!!!
ridethetank

Postby Bison17 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:07 am

I don't think VC D is unstoppable. Central Cass who only won three games this year scored fourteen points on them. VC really needs to stop the big plays if they want to win
Bison17
NDPreps Starter

Postby dylanh43 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:48 pm

i guarantee valley city blows out watford city, these valley kids have been talking about going to state for soo many years now and they're are not going to let this game be close at all...vc by 14 ATLEAST!
dylanh43

Postby bleacherfan » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:13 am

dylanh43 wrote:i guarantee valley city blows out watford city, these valley kids have been talking about going to state for soo many years now and they're are not going to let this game be close at all...vc by 14 ATLEAST!

You're just going to "guarantee" it, huh? You may be right, but guarantees are carrying things a little too far, don't you think?
bleacherfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bleacherfan » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:12 pm

Now, about that guarantee.............. :roll:
bleacherfan
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to AA