Valley City vs Watford City STATE FINALS!

The teams in Class AA.

Valley City vs Watford City STATE FINALS!

Postby ndplayer10 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:21 am

Who is going to win? Why are they going to win? What is going to be the score?
ndplayer10
NDPreps Starter

Re: Valley City vs Watford City STATE FINALS!

Postby football_lives_on » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:25 am

Valley by 14
football_lives_on
NDPreps Starter

Postby SweetSweetKyle777 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:26 am

Valley is looking way too tough. Their defense was very solid against Hazen. WC will really have to step it up if they want to beat the running power of VC. I say VC by more than 14
SweetSweetKyle777

Postby dukefan » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:08 pm

Watford City by 6
dukefan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsfan33 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:36 pm

i got vc based on pure speed i was at the vc hazen and vc was so much faster and just imagine them on turf..i dk how much speed and stuff watford has tho
sportsfan33
NDPreps Starter

Postby AAfootballfan » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:16 pm

Watford City wins this game...you can talk offense all day, but in the end DEFENSE wins championships and the Wolves are playing some D right now with two straight shutouts in the playoffs. I can't believe you people from the East were bragging up some of these teams. Devils Lake looked absolutely horrible against Watford's passing game yesterday. I don't think I have ever seen WR's open by that much on almost every passing play. Anyways back to the title game WC wins 14-6...GO Wolves...THE TRADITION CONTINUES GOING FOR A 9th state title!
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby tweener » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:36 pm

This game should be a very good game, for both teams. Sounds like WC has a decent D for this time of year.
The VC D has been pretty good all year, consistency should pay off.
Good Luck to both teams next weekend. Go Hi-Liners.
tweener
NDPreps Reserve

Postby redsnowman » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:17 pm

I agree both teams have been playing very very well, its going to be a batte in the trenches, but i think if watford can pick apart the hi liners secondary they will win, with Kevin sanford at quarter back and justin flatland at tight end, these kids have been here before and they know what to do to win, but they will need to shut down elliot! This one will come down to the wire, but im taking valley city 16-14
But who will be the home team and who will be the visiting team?? since they are both region winners?? or will it come down to ranking?? somebody got the answer?? :?:
redsnowman

Postby steve34 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:43 pm

I believe Watford City will be the home team. If memory serves, in even numbered years, when like seeds meet in the playoffs, the team on the bottom line of the bracket is the home team.
steve34
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby thechef44 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:29 pm

You must remember elliot is just as good at D as he is on the offensive side of the ball. the only problem you don't hear his name a lot on D is because his line and line backers are so good ahead of him. Horner and the rest of the line backers come to play every week. Hi Liners speed and discipline will lead to a 36-6 VC win.
thechef44

Postby 5-time state chump » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:47 pm

WC's defense may be good. But.....unless they can match VC's speed (which they can't), it's going to be difficult to stop VC from getting a number of big plays.

VC's run D is super and will negate WC's running game.

I understand that WC has a good passing game...BUT....as I said before, in H.S football, it is very difficult to maintain a great passing game for 4 quarters--especially with a pass rush like Valley City's. ...and IMO, WC is going to NEED to pass effectively the entire game to match pace with Valley City.

Valley can keep a 1-1 ratio in the turnover dept, I think they'll win 26-14.
5-time state chump
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfootballfan » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:59 am

i think it will be a great game. VC has the speed and WC has the experience.
ndfootballfan

Postby yakama » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:05 am

sportsfan33 wrote:i got vc based on pure speed i was at the vc hazen and vc was so much faster and just imagine them on turf..i dk how much speed and stuff watford has tho

WC is fast too. Ben Wolf was fast and he got burned on some pass plays and when he ran he got 28 yards. dukefan has made the best predicton so far about how much a team will win by, whichever team wins it will be won in the 4th quarter and I'm going to say WC pulls it out but this will be a great game....and where all the east fans saying WC has no defense, back to back shutouts in the playoffs and they are scoring they are tough!!! GO WOLVES!!!!!!!
yakama
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsu123 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:39 pm

People are talking about WC's D and yes it looks like they are pretty good but if you look at the stats and points that each team has given up VC is just a little bit better. They are both defensive teams and it will be a battle. The only argument I can put out there is the east was an all around stronger conference. I'm not saying the the west didn't have a few good teams i.e WC, Hazen. The over all strength of schedule VC played was probably better. WC has not seen a team with VC's speed either DL is fast but VC's speed blew DL and Hazen out of the water. VC is by far the fastest team then I would put Hazen behind them. VC hasn't seen a passing team like this but there best player Derek Elliot is a better defensive player then offensive. I really have no idea what will happen in this game it just depends on the day I guess. I'm glad the two best teams are playing for the championship because some years that isn't the case. I am going to take VC I have no idea by how much. May the best team win!
ndsu123

Postby ridethetank » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:43 pm

ndsu123 wrote:People are talking about WC's D and yes it looks like they are pretty good but if you look at the stats and points that each team has given up VC is just a little bit better. They are both defensive teams and it will be a battle. The only argument I can put out there is the east was an all around stronger conference. I'm not saying the the west didn't have a few good teams i.e WC, Hazen. The over all strength of schedule VC played was probably better. WC has not seen a team with VC's speed either DL is fast but VC's speed blew DL and Hazen out of the water. VC is by far the fastest team then I would put Hazen behind them. VC hasn't seen a passing team like this but there best player Derek Elliot is a better defensive player then offensive. I really have no idea what will happen in this game it just depends on the day I guess. I'm glad the two best teams are playing for the championship because some years that isn't the case. I am going to take VC I have no idea by how much. May the best team win!

The east was an all around stronger conference? WC shutout the 2 and 4 seeds from the East. I dont see how the east is stronger when every team that was supposed to win won meaning they are about even. Hence they are on a field of equality.
ridethetank

Postby westpower » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:08 pm

ridethetank wrote:
ndsu123 wrote:People are talking about WC's D and yes it looks like they are pretty good but if you look at the stats and points that each team has given up VC is just a little bit better. They are both defensive teams and it will be a battle. The only argument I can put out there is the east was an all around stronger conference. I'm not saying the the west didn't have a few good teams i.e WC, Hazen. The over all strength of schedule VC played was probably better. WC has not seen a team with VC's speed either DL is fast but VC's speed blew DL and Hazen out of the water. VC is by far the fastest team then I would put Hazen behind them. VC hasn't seen a passing team like this but there best player Derek Elliot is a better defensive player then offensive. I really have no idea what will happen in this game it just depends on the day I guess. I'm glad the two best teams are playing for the championship because some years that isn't the case. I am going to take VC I have no idea by how much. May the best team win!

The east was an all around stronger conference? WC shutout the 2 and 4 seeds from the East. I dont see how the east is stronger when every team that was supposed to win won meaning they are about even. Hence they are on a field of equality.

WCs speed blew dl outa the water, in no way will vc OWN wc..Elliot may be a beast but what about the other 10 guys,...I will take the wolves 11 and many more GOOD players, over VCs 1...wc 23, vc 14
westpower
NDPreps Starter

Postby Claz B Fan » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:57 pm

redsnowman wrote:I agree both teams have been playing very very well, its going to be a batte in the trenches, but i think if watford can pick apart the hi liners secondary they will win, with Kevin sanford at quarter back and justin flatland at tight end, these kids have been here before and they know what to do to win, but they will need to shut down elliot! This one will come down to the wire, but im taking valley city 16-14
But who will be the home team and who will be the visiting team?? since they are both region winners?? or will it come down to ranking?? somebody got the answer?? :?:

First of all he is very OVERATED. Second of all Valley City has team speed that will be exemplified on the turf even greater. Ill take Valley 27 to 13
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby AAfootballfan » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:49 pm

Claz B Fan wrote:
redsnowman wrote:I agree both teams have been playing very very well, its going to be a batte in the trenches, but i think if watford can pick apart the hi liners secondary they will win, with Kevin sanford at quarter back and justin flatland at tight end, these kids have been here before and they know what to do to win, but they will need to shut down elliot! This one will come down to the wire, but im taking valley city 16-14

First of all he is very OVERATED, ----------------------------. Second of all Valley City has team speed that will be exemplified on the turf even greater. Ill take Valley 27 to 13

These are the kind of quotes that I can't stand. Here we are attacking a three year starter, a first team all state player and saying he is overrated???? Who are you???? Are you the guy that got ran over by Flatland on his way to the endzone??? Please don't come on this site and attack all state athletes and say they are OVERRATED....it makes you look foolish, not to mention it makes you look like you have no clue what you are talking about which you don't.
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NDSportsFan » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:56 am

If you are going to comment on someones lack of talent, then you should back that up with a reason you feel that way. Otherwise, myself or a moderator will probably just delete your entire post. Carry on.

Thanks everyone.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ridethetank » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:12 pm

Claz B Fan wrote:

First of all he is very OVERATED. Second of all Valley City has team speed that will be exemplified on the turf even greater. Ill take Valley 27 to 13

he was an important part of the 06 team that won state and plays an important role in the team that made it this year, Justin flatland is a talented football player and is a part of Fred Fridleys Dynasty. come on people whats next Nobody on the wc team is good?
ridethetank

Postby westpower » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:43 pm

ridethetank wrote:
Claz B Fan wrote:

he was an important part of the 06 team that won state and plays an important role in the team that made it this year, Justin flatland is a talented football player and is a part of Fred Fridleys Dynasty. come on people whats next Nobody on the wc team is good?

roger that Flatland is ans was a huge role to both teams, and part of the DYNASTY that is quite tough to compete with!! I want 2 reasons why or how he can be overrated!!
westpower
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndbfan » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:03 pm

westpower wrote:
ridethetank wrote:
Claz B Fan wrote:

roger that Flatland is ans was a huge role to both teams, and part of the DYNASTY that is quite tough to compete with!! I want 2 reasons why or how he can be overrated!!

I agree! Anyone who says that Flatland is overrated hasn't seen Watford City play football in the last three years! Very key player on both sides of the ball, as well as special teams! Wow... :shock:
ndbfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby scruffy » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:15 pm

If Valley protects the ball they should win it pretty easy. Watford will have to come up with a couple of turnovers and control the ball to have any chance.
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby ridethetank » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:04 pm

scruffy wrote:If Valley protects the ball they should win it pretty easy. Watford will have to come up with a couple of turnovers and control the ball to have any chance.

I dont think either team is going to win it "easy". Both teams have great defensive units that are capable of shutting out good offensive teams, in the end i think we wont see many points up on the board.
ridethetank

Postby AAfootballfan » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:03 pm

scruffy wrote:If Valley protects the ball they should win it pretty easy. Watford will have to come up with a couple of turnovers and control the ball to have any chance.

Scruffy I hope your not judging the Wolves from when they played your precious Titans from Trinity because that game the weather had alot to do with the final score more than anything. I had more respect for you before this quote. This will by no means be an "EASY" win for either team...GO WOLVES!!
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Next

Return to AA