Real Time Game Updates - Class AA Semi-Final Playoffs

The teams in Class AA.

Real Time Game Updates - Class AA Semi-Final Playoffs

Postby ND Football Guy » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:31 am

Please post real-time game updates here.
ND Football Guy
NDPreps All-State

Re: Real Time Game Updates - Class AA Semi-Final Playoffs

Postby KyleJRM » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:41 pm

I don't think this has been posted anywhere else:

The Devil's Lake-Watford City game will be starting at 3 p.m., not 2 p.m. as originally planned.
KyleJRM
NDPreps Starter

Postby football101 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:53 pm

Valley City 14 Hazen 0 end of 1st
football101
NDPreps Starter

Postby football101 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:21 pm

WC 14 DL 0 few minutes left in the first
football101
NDPreps Starter

Postby football101 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:24 pm

Valley City 16 Hazen 0 end of 2nd
football101
NDPreps Starter

Postby Moritz21 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:36 pm

VC 35 Hazen 0 at final
Moritz21
NDPreps Reserve

Postby football101 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:13 pm

Watford CIty 28 Devils Lake 0----Final
football101
NDPreps Starter

Postby SweetSweetKyle777 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:19 pm

Valley City-35 Hazen-0
SweetSweetKyle777

Postby Truce » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:31 pm

wow, valley City shut out hazen, Impressive.
Truce
NDPreps Starter

Postby Bison423 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:58 pm

SweetSweetKyle777 wrote:Whoever said that Valley City were bad sports have no idea about Hazen obviously. They were the worst sports VC has EVER encountered. Late hits and personal fouls were more than abundant against Hazen the entire time. The only person who wasnt was Bailey Carr, #22 Hazens runningback. Also, Chad Marshall cannot run half as well as Derek Elliott.

That is a great comment. Ya hazen was acting dumb with late hits, theres got called. When valley had a late hit or was jus unsportsmanlike it didnt,they are good at hiding it. I think High School FB is the NFL after a great roughing the passer call, kinda fitting for how that penalty has been going, which totally changed the game because Hazen got an interception on the play.and i know why ndsportsfan14 doesnt like VC, theyre adult fans act like they are 10 years old the whole game. Ya u can get excited but give me a break, and adult from VC was bascially taunting a teenager the whole game, a Hazen adult had to say something to that person to calm him down. That same fan cheered when Sorensen went out with a concussion like it was an awesome play. Marshall is not a running back for the last time. He doesnt get more than 5 carries a game, he is Hazen's middle linebacker and the captain of the D-fense. and Derek Elliot is not as good as i thought hed be, ya he had a good game dont get me wrong, i just expected more.
Bison423
NDPreps Starter

Postby Bison423 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:05 pm

O by the way did i forget to mention.....go watford.
Bison423
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndplayer10 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:17 am

There you go just another great attitude from a another losing team!
ndplayer10
NDPreps Starter

Postby steve34 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:30 am

I was at the game today. Observations:

I didn't see the event that got the Hazen kid kicked out of the game. I will say this: He was playing a great game, and an emotional game.

Chad Marshall is not a running back. I understand that.

Someone is inevitably going to try to use the "missing link" excuse with Brent Sorensen. Had he stayed in the game, it may not have been a shutout, but the result would not have changed. The Hi-Liner defense was very well prepared for the option. Sorensen had one big play while he was in. Carr had none while Sorensen was in. Valley City should be given credit for their preparation.

Valley City was clearly the better team on the field. They are much more sound defensively. They are more balanced offensively. Five different kids scored for them today. That being said, the obserations about the fans is pretty much spot on. There were some things going on with the Hi-Liner fans that was just not mature. I've been there for both playoff games, and it's pretty clear to me that the Hi-Liner fans have not "been here" before.

The Hi-Liners are not a cheap team, nor are they good at hiding it. If anything, this website is to blame for how the game was played today. The amount of senseless trash-talking that is allowed between teams causes the game to be played with less than a sportsmanlike approach. But, the penalties did not come till Hazen was behing by big numbers, a place they haven't been this year either. It doesn't look like they can handle it.
steve34
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby SweetSweetKyle777 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:57 am

Bison423 wrote:
SweetSweetKyle777 wrote:Whoever said that Valley City were bad sports have no idea about Hazen obviously. They were the worst sports VC has EVER encountered. Late hits and personal fouls were more than abundant against Hazen the entire time. The only person who wasnt was Bailey Carr, #22 Hazens runningback. Also, Chad Marshall cannot run half as well as Derek Elliott.

That is a great comment. Ya hazen was acting dumb with late hits, theres got called. When valley had a late hit or was jus unsportsmanlike it didnt,they are good at hiding it. I think High School FB is the NFL after a great roughing the passer call, kinda fitting for how that penalty has been going, which totally changed the game because Hazen got an interception on the play.and i know why ndsportsfan14 doesnt like VC, theyre adult fans act like they are 10 years old the whole game. Ya u can get excited but give me a break, and adult from VC was bascially taunting a teenager the whole game, a Hazen adult had to say something to that person to calm him down. That same fan cheered when Sorensen went out with a concussion like it was an awesome play. Marshall is not a running back for the last time. He doesnt get more than 5 carries a game, he is Hazen's middle linebacker and the captain of the D-fense. and Derek Elliot is not as good as i thought hed be, ya he had a good game dont get me wrong, i just expected more.

When Sorensen was taken out it was a phenomial play. Not cheap or late by any means. It is however unfortunate the best player on Hazen's team and apparently the only reason they win, now has a concussion. Steve34 good observation-VC had 5 different people score. What does that say about how well rounded VC is? This also shows you cant put all this pressure on Elliott. Like Hazen does on Sorensen
SweetSweetKyle777

Postby ndsu123 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:40 am

Bison423 wrote:

If you are going to comment on the fans I think you should have listened to the parents for Hazen in the stands they were absolutely ridiculous the entire game. When Sorenson got hit and hurt I thought the entire Hazen crowd was coming on to the field. The play was as clean as any he got it and the hits momentum carried both play out I saw the entire thing plain as day and if you are going to kid yourself and think is was a dirty hit there is something wrong with you. A bunch of Valley fans were standing a long the sidelines talk to the AD of VC and all of a sudden some crazy parent comes flying in the middle of everyone yelling at the AD and the VC AD had to ask the fan to leave the game, the guys was insane I think he just kept going on and on. Even after that I will say that the fans were probably equal parents are living through there kids when it comes to stuff like this it is just stupid. The on the field stuff was what made VC kid look good! I don't know how many personal fouls there where (4 maybe) and a kid got kicked out for Hazen. It was a rough game the refs knew that and the Hazen kids took it to far that's why the penalties were called on them! Not because VC can hide it! I give the Hazen kid that played football and did partake in the extra stuff props but it only takes a couple idiots to make a town look bad and that definitely happened this afternoon for the parents and the players. People from the east look at down on the west for reasons exactly like this. Lets face it most people in the east look at the west this way whether it be football, hockey, basketball it doesn't matter it just how it is. I'm not saying that the best is bad (other than hockey they are terrible) people just see them as being cheap. I'm glad we won't have to deal with these guys anymore now that they are moving down. Have fun maybe you can win a semi's game sometime in the next four times!
ndsu123

Postby SweetSweetKyle777 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:09 am

Well said ndsu123. A very well written book. :)
SweetSweetKyle777

Postby windex » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:02 am

You should be in the same District BB and Conference FB as Hazen.
Always the refs fault .... or some excuse never the other team
was more prepared, better players, just someone elses fault.

Where were the coaches in all of this with the Personnal Fouls?
windex
NDPreps Starter

Postby Bison423 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:58 am

ndsu123 wrote:
Bison423 wrote:

If you are going to comment on the fans I think you should have listened to the parents for Hazen in the stands they were absolutely ridiculous the entire game. When Sorenson got hit and hurt I thought the entire Hazen crowd was coming on to the field. The play was as clean as any he got it and the hits momentum carried both play out I saw the entire thing plain as day and if you are going to kid yourself and think is was a dirty hit there is something wrong with you. A bunch of Valley fans were standing a long the sidelines talk to the AD of VC and all of a sudden some crazy parent comes flying in the middle of everyone yelling at the AD and the VC AD had to ask the fan to leave the game, the guys was insane I think he just kept going on and on. Even after that I will say that the fans were probably equal parents are living through there kids when it comes to stuff like this it is just stupid. The on the field stuff was what made VC kid look good! I don't know how many personal fouls there where (4 maybe) and a kid got kicked out for Hazen. It was a rough game the refs knew that and the Hazen kids took it to far that's why the penalties were called on them! Not because VC can hide it! I give the Hazen kid that played football and did partake in the extra stuff props but it only takes a couple idiots to make a town look bad and that definitely happened this afternoon for the parents and the players. People from the east look at down on the west for reasons exactly like this. Lets face it most people in the east look at the west this way whether it be football, hockey, basketball it doesn't matter it just how it is. I'm not saying that the best is bad (other than hockey they are terrible) people just see them as being cheap. I'm glad we won't have to deal with these guys anymore now that they are moving down. Have fun maybe you can win a semi's game sometime in the next four times!

Ya what has it been 70 some years for valley to win a FB title, ya moving down seems to work. maybe itll work for hazen too.
Bison423
NDPreps Starter

Postby tweener » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:32 pm

Ya what has it been 70 some years for valley to win a FB title, ya moving down seems to work. maybe itll work for hazen too.[/quote]

But it may work only if you don't play so C-H-E-A-P. All levels call penalties there bud, just remember that part of the game should be consistent. Good Luck in the future, or better yet good luck to the best player from your team in the Carr kid. He atleast showed some class.
I only said the Carr kid because I think Sorenson is a senior, and also another class act for the rest of you bison to follow in their footsteps. Fairplay creates fair attitudes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tweener
NDPreps Reserve

Return to AA