Hazen at Valley City

The teams in Class AA.

Re: Hazen at Valley City

Postby 54321 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:44 am

I know I shouldn't write this because all of the people who are not from the Hazen area won't believe me, but here it is: Carr runs a high 4.5 to low 4.6, Sorensen about the same, though his top speed is higher, Carr just accelerates quickly, Marshall runs a mid 4.6 and Berger runs a mid 4.6. Knott weighs 255 with very little fat and runs a 5 flat. Engebretson runs a sub-five. Both corners are quick. So basically, yeah, Hazen's defense is really fast.
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsgod25 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:44 am

ndsu123 hazen has got kids that have done that to
sportsgod25
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 5-time state chump » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:07 am

Bison423 wrote:Sorenson is guaranteed the fastest player on the field in any game, as long as Elliot isn't in the game

Yep.
Last edited by 5-time state chump on Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
5-time state chump
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 5-time state chump » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:11 am

football24 wrote:VC is not that good.

Link?
5-time state chump
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Dareybuck » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:03 am

I think that whatever team can CONTAIN the other ones playmakers on offense. Elliot(VC), Sorenson(Hazen). Contain- meaning that whichever defense can stop the big play from the other teams "playmaker" has a legit shot at having a stalemate. If that would happen then the team with better field position and DOESNT turn the ball over will win by a touchdown.

I see Elliot making that one big play for 40 or 50 yards that change field position and get the CROWD into the game. is this VC's year OR does Hazen get over the "hump" that they didnt do last year and play in the ALERUS center for the "ship".
a great player can win a game but a TEAM can win EVERY game.
Dareybuck
NDPreps Starter

Postby Miner Guy » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:45 pm

Vally city is gunna have their way with Hazen
Miner Guy
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Bison423 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:22 pm

Jus like hazen did with beulah right miner guy :lol:
Bison423
NDPreps Starter

Postby Baller22 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:22 pm

put it this way... sorenson qualified for state track in the 100m in 7th grade... he is fast and he shifty, being from botno i know from experience even if you "blow up" thier actual plays sorenson will improvise and he will run the ball against you. overall Hazen is but valley is better all around. It should be a close game but don't look for hazen to be putting up their average 35 points a game because it won't happen against VC's D.
Baller22
NDPreps Reserve

Postby eastfan1 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:14 am

Sorenson is fast, Elliot is faster and more physical, I will take vc in this game.
eastfan1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby highlightstick » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:56 am

Bison423 wrote:Jus like hazen did with beulah right miner guy :lol:

haha
highlightstick
NDPreps Reserve

Postby donotacceptdefeat09 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:08 am

I think Hazen is going to get there butts WHOOPED big time....want to know why? Well because Hazen was held of at half time by botno 7-6 ...granted botno still lost but they played hard. So I heard. I think valley city is going give them a run for there money
donotacceptdefeat09

Postby Bison423 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:24 pm

donotacceptdefeat09 wrote:I think Hazen is going to get there butts WHOOPED big time....want to know why? Well because Hazen was held of at half time by botno 7-6 ...granted botno still lost but they played hard. So I heard. I think valley city is going give them a run for there money

Unless somehow VC gets a bunch of huge guys before saturday it will be close. Botno held them in the 1st half because they are bigger and more physical at the line of scrimmage. Then in the 2nd half when the Botno D was tired thats when hazen pulled away. This matchup is a speed vs speed battle.
Bison423
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseballplayer#2 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:02 pm

i think we willl be suprised by hazens speed to tell u the truth that car and sorenson are tuff i think we have our hands full i wouldnt be suprised if we lost with hazens d idk man its going to be a tough hard game.
baseballplayer#2

Postby highlightstick » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:59 pm

baseballplayer#2 wrote:i think we willl be suprised by hazens speed to tell u the truth that car and sorenson are tuff i think we have our hands full i wouldnt be suprised if we lost with hazens d idk man its going to be a tough hard game.

dont you normally talk up your team on preps? not say there gonna lose
highlightstick
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:22 am

Baller22 wrote:put it this way... sorenson qualified for state track in the 100m in 7th grade... he is fast and he shifty, being from botno i know from experience even if you "blow up" thier actual plays sorenson will improvise and he will run the ball against you. overall Hazen is but valley is better all around. It should be a close game but don't look for hazen to be putting up their average 35 points a game because it won't happen against VC's D.

While he did qualify for the state meet as a 7th grader, which is very impressive, he still only ran a 12.10. While that is impressive for a 7th grader, he didn't really "qualify" for state, he just happened to run there.

I'm not sure on Elliot's time at state this past year, but I am 99% sure it was sub-11.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby 54321 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:30 am

12.10? Where did you get that? Qualifying time before the recent adjustment for the electric timing thing was 11.2. Sorensen ran an 11.19 as a seventh grader. He also beat his older brother Brian in that race.
NDPreps Reserve

Postby eastfan1 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:12 am

so your saying he ran 11.2 as a seventh grader....but then was unable to qualify the 100 untill he was a sophomore? I think you need to get your facts straight or a new stopwatch.

I can tell you for sure that elliot came in with a prelim time of 10.94 and sorenson came in with 11.20 at state last year, both good times.
eastfan1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 54321 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:35 pm

That's exactly what I'm saying. He ran an 11.19 as a seventh grader. He ran I think in the mid 11.2 range his eigth grade year and was out with an injury nearly his entire freshman year. So yes, he qualified as a seventh grader and then skipped two years.
NDPreps Reserve

Postby mags » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:20 pm

54321 wrote:I know I shouldn't write this because all of the people who are not from the Hazen area won't believe me, but here it is: Carr runs a high 4.5 to low 4.6, Sorensen about the same, though his top speed is higher, Carr just accelerates quickly, Marshall runs a mid 4.6 and Berger runs a mid 4.6. Knott weighs 255 with very little fat and runs a 5 flat. Engebretson runs a sub-five. Both corners are quick. So basically, yeah, Hazen's defense is really fast.

if hazen is "that fast" which i know they r not if i am not mistaken i remember hazen people writing that eckroth the 300+ pounder a few years ago ran a 4.8 haha please. anyway back to my point if they are supposidly that fast what happned against VC? if a team has that many high school kids running that fast they shouldnt lose expecially by 35
mags
NDPreps Starter

Postby GoAus8 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:40 pm

Whew how bout them Hi-Liners!!!!!!
GoAus8
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:19 pm

54321 wrote:12.10? Where did you get that? Qualifying time before the recent adjustment for the electric timing thing was 11.2. Sorensen ran an 11.19 as a seventh grader. He also beat his older brother Brian in that race.

Official state results...That is where I got that...I think it was 2005? I'm not sure though. Go look at Bismarck's website, it isn't hard to find.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Bison423 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:00 pm

ya i no him personally. he ran a 11.19 in hazen. I was there.And they are that fast mags. what does them being that fast have to do with them scoring seriously.
Bison423
NDPreps Starter

Postby SweetSweetKyle777 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:04 am

If they were that fast then they would have been able to put a cap on VC's dominating offense. VC is that fast. And they just shut out Hazen. How can you possibly question speed being correlated with scoring? Very nieve Bison423.
SweetSweetKyle777

Postby Bison423 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:53 am

uh ya if ur line has a hard time blocking speed isnt gonna do much. If a team is able to key on 1 player like VC could with Sorensen out, speed doesnt do a whole lotta good.
Bison423
NDPreps Starter

Postby tweener » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:04 pm

Bison423 wrote:uh ya if ur line has a hard time blocking speed isnt gonna do much. If a team is able to key on 1 player like VC could with Sorensen out, speed doesnt do a whole lotta good.

Sorry to burst your bubble here Bison, but ... what was the score of the game while Sorenson was playing??? Yeah it wasnt a matter of keying in on one player. Its called a team effort . You should have just stuck to your game plan, and not the cheap crap that got your kids heads out of the game and just looking for blood.. What did it get ya?? A long trip home.
Now the Sorenson kid, very classy athlete, not sure of name but 22 was a heck of a player. Carr?? Congrats to those players who played a good game.
Now a couple other kids you know who they are and didnt stick to the game plan, shame on you, look what you took from the rest of your team with the rediculous late hits, the punching in piles.. Now for those mentioning refs as the problem, um its playoffs and I dont know any of the refs they called what they seen when they seen it. Yet 25, and 88 had the tenacity to create penalties right in front of one of the refs and that got to be a problem. Then they felt it was acceptable, he just missed soem of the penalties. All part of the game I guess.
Hazen is a very well coached team and dont think they appreciated any of the crap on the field.
tweener
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to AA