Postby ND Football Guy » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:35 pm

Semi-Finals

Who is gonna win and why?
ND Football Guy
NDPreps All-State

Re: Hazen at Valley City

Postby ND Football Guy » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:55 pm

Previous meeting - None

They have not played each other yet this season.
ND Football Guy
NDPreps All-State

Postby Truce » Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:45 pm

This should be a Good Game. I havent seen any of valley Citys Games so i cannot make a call on them. Although they must be decent or they wouldnet be here.. These games are the games wherei think they can go either way pretty easily.
Truce
NDPreps Starter

Postby InYourFace » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:31 am

I have Valley..... Championship Valley VS Watford with Watford winning the State Title.
InYourFace
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:40 pm

I'd Love to watch hazen on the 15th instead of Valley hope hazen crushes them GO BISON!!
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby steve34 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:06 pm

Post edited. User warned.
steve34
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 5-time state chump » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:24 pm

VC
26-14
5-time state chump
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:45 pm

steve34 wrote:Edited and user warned

come on get real man how old are you now making childish comments is making you look foolish im just saying my opionion what i wanna see an you go an bash on me not cool man i will have to report you to the board one more comment like that!!! :lol: :lol: GO BISON!!!!
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby steve34 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:51 am

I stand by my original statement. Go Hi-Liners!
steve34
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby scruffy » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:53 am

Valleys by far the best in the state. A decent physical line with good overall team speed. Hazen is the only team in the west that possibly can stay with them, but not beat them....
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby football101 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:21 am

Valley city is going to put a whooping on Hazen. Valley wins big. They have too many weapons. The game against Trinity proved that. You can not stop them all. I say valley by 3+ touchdowns. They don't even try to confuse you. They did not complete one pass Sat. They are going to run over anybody they play. Valley wins 36-14
football101
NDPreps Starter

Postby tweener » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:23 pm

football101 wrote:Valley city is going to put a whooping on Hazen. Valley wins big. They have too many weapons. The game against Trinity proved that. You can not stop them all. I say valley by 3+ touchdowns. They don't even try to confuse you. They did not complete one pass Sat. They are going to run over anybody they play. Valley wins 36-14

Whoa fella slow down a bit here the games 8 days away. Dont get too confident here. You've always gotta respect a team whom youve never played.
Yet I hope your scoring is right, I think it may be closer than ya think.
tweener
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 5-time state chump » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:50 pm

football101 wrote:Valley city is going to put a whooping on Hazen. Valley wins big. They have too many weapons. The game against Trinity proved that. You can not stop them all. I say valley by 3+ touchdowns. They don't even try to confuse you. They did not complete one pass Sat. They are going to run over anybody they play. Valley wins 36-14

I don't know if they have "too many" weapons. Their main weapon is just that good.
5-time state chump
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby GoAus8 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:39 pm

5-time state chump wrote:

I don't know if they have "too many" weapons. Their main weapon is just that good.

They had 400yds rushing and their "Main Weapon" only had 41 of those yds. They've got talent at every spot in the backfield
GoAus8
NDPreps Starter

Postby football101 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:36 pm

tweener wrote:

Whoa fella slow down a bit here the games 8 days away. Dont get too confident here. You've always gotta respect a team whom youve never played.
Yet I hope your scoring is right, I think it may be closer than ya think.

Valley is that good.
football101
NDPreps Starter

Postby Bison423 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:31 pm

if valley puts up 36 fast i would be shocked hazen's D is very and if DT can score 15 hazen wil definitly put up more than that.
Bison423
NDPreps Starter

Postby BHS » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:44 pm

i dont think its possible to put a (whooping) on hazen should be a close game but i give it to hazen 21-14
BHS
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 5-time state chump » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:39 pm

GoAus8 wrote:
5-time state chump wrote:

They had 400yds rushing and their "Main Weapon" only had 41 of those yds. They've got talent at every spot in the backfield

By their "main weapon", I was referring to their (your) ;) running game period, not just Elliot.
5-time state chump
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 5-time state chump » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:47 pm

Bison423 wrote:if valley puts up 36 fast i would be shocked hazen's D is very and if DT can score 15 hazen wil definitly put up more than that.

As far as DT putting up 15...and Hazen being able to put up more than that...I'd say Hazen is going to have to count on a big pass play, or turnover that puts them in good scoring position.

The one thing I really doubt Hazen will be able to do is put together a long, consistent drive on the ground. VC's run-D is great. Their pass-D may be somewhat suspect, but this is high school football, and for teams to pass consistently for 4 quarters, is not likley. There is always the missed block that allows the NT, or DE to put pressure the QB, and he ends up throwing a pick, or an incomplete on 3rd or 4th down.

That's how you win titles in FB games in ND---have a great running attack on offense, and a great run stopping defense. That's what VC has.

VC has had a close game with Grafton, so yeah...it's possible for a team to be right there at the end with them, but I'm still thinking VC should win this by a couple TD's at least.

How is Hazen's team speed on defense?
5-time state chump
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:16 pm

there really fast on d an o i would say they have the best linebacker core in state wait till you see them very fast everywhere then with sorenson at saftey there just at every play
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby football24 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:35 pm

scruffy wrote:Valleys by far the best in the state. A decent physical line with good overall team speed. Hazen is the only team in the west that possibly can stay with them, but not beat them....

I like what this guy said but i disagree slightly. VC is not that good. And I think they can and will get beat by hazen if they come to play
football24

Postby Bison423 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:38 pm

Ya they have to be the fastest D that VC will have seen this year, Sorensen is guaranteed the fastest player on the field in any game and Carr is a very strong and also very fast runner, Marshall is very quick for his size and reads the field well. Berger is a superb tackler and moves good side to side. So overall a very fast and tough backer core, with Sorensen at safety
Bison423
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsu123 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:55 pm

Bison423 wrote:Ya they have to be the fastest D that VC will have seen this year, Sorensen is guaranteed the fastest player on the field in any game and Carr is a very strong and also very fast runner, Marshall is very quick for his size and reads the field well. Berger is a superb tackler and moves good side to side. So overall a very fast and tough backer core, with Sorensen at safety

There is know way that you can guarantee that Sorenson is the fastest guy on the field! Derek Elliot is top 5 fastest kids in the entire state class A and B. I wouldn't be surprised if you won the 100 meter and the 200 meter this year. I would enjoy watching this race. I do understand that football speed is different then track speed but is raw speed is what you are talking about I would watch what you say. Elliot is the fast kid I have ever met other the Jackson who plays for NDSU and runs a 4.28 on an automated stop watch. Youe really should throw things out there unless you are 100% just for future reference. VCHS wins by at least 14 whether or not Elliot has a big game or not. Hazen needs to shut him down then Olstad (who made DT look like pewee football player) then Adams ( who as the third back has had a few games over 100 yds) I just don't see all the happening sorry.
ndsu123

Postby Bison423 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:03 am

ok i can say what i want its my opinion and a pee wee team. Their 2 best backers were out basically the whole game, and i need to watch what i say.
Bison423
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsgod25 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:41 am

Well by the way all these valley city kids are talking them selves up i hope they loose. Do to how great they say they are. (which they are good from what i hear) And i am pretty shure it is going to be an all out brawl.
sportsgod25
NDPreps Reserve

Next

Return to AA