WC vs OG or VC vs DT??

The teams in Class AA.

WC vs OG or VC vs DT??

Postby Dareybuck » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:24 pm

What is the better matchup between ones and fours? WC OG, VC DT
a great player can win a game but a TEAM can win EVERY game.
Dareybuck
NDPreps Starter

Re: WC vs OG or VC vs DT??

Postby inurfacefootball » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:29 pm

Dareybuck wrote:What is the better matchup between ones and fours? WC OG, VC DT

heres what i think
watford city defeats oak grove but not by much should be a good one within 7-10 points
Valley beats Trinity by at least 10, not saying trinity is a bad team or that valley is a really good one just that valley seems to be on their A game and i have not heard much about trinity this year
inurfacefootball

Postby digger » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:24 pm

Valley City should beat Trinity handily; their records incidate what types of teams they have. Valley City is 9-0 for a reason, Trinity is 4-5 for a reason.
Oak Grove can play with Watford City. The Grovers play a hard nosed style on both sides of the ball, nothing fancy, they smack you, you smack them. If it is a low scoring game, Oak Grove has a shot, if the Wolves get into the 20's I don't know if Oak Grove can score enough to keep up.
digger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ndsports » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:30 pm

WC and Oak grove should be a very good game, both teams are tough, and know how to play the game.
DT and VC should be also a interesting game, you never know what could happen.
Ndsports

Postby Dareybuck » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:27 pm

with Trinity at 4-5. did they have a tie breaker angainst someone or does it seem to be a little weak. no offense
Dareybuck
NDPreps Starter

Postby Wildcat » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:35 pm

Valley City and Trinity will be the better game. Oak Grove has struggled in recent weeks against non playoff teams. Those are games they needed to win to make the playoffs.

Trinity has played with every team they've played against and won't turn the ball over five times against Valley City again.
I guess I don't see how the Oak Grove game will be that close. I'm certainly not predicting a blowout, but this is a team that has to travel ALL the way to Watford City, and also a team that, I stated before, didn't just walk into the playoffs. They had to beat Central Cass 7-0 at the end of the season, so I do believe the Valley City game will be a better one.
If you look at Trinity's losses:
21-8 to DL
26-7 to VC
27-21 OT to Beulah
37-22 to Hazen
14-7 to Watford City

The first two losses they had a combined 10 turnovers, most which they solved (center-QB snap exchanges). The loss to Hazen was a one-score game with 5 minutes remaining in the game.

If I had to pick a winner, I'd go with Valley City. But I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss Trinity quite yet, and I do believe the Trinity game will be closer. Just cause Oak Grove has a better record, doesn't mean they're a better No. 4 team than Trinity.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndplayer10 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:14 am

You gotta remember that DT is also a play off team they get the almost every year there gonna no what to do Valley city hasn't been in this situation to many times recently but i still gotta go with valley city by 2 tds
ndplayer10
NDPreps Starter

Postby inurfacefootball » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:36 pm

i guess im gunna take back what i said earlier, im not even going to try and guess what the turnouts will be like because from what ive heard, teams change when it comes to playoff time...some for the better and some for the worse it will definitely be and interesting playoff season, look for some upsets
inurfacefootball

Postby Dareybuck » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:25 am

that Oak Grove vs Central Cass game was played on very poor field conditions along with a freezing rain. rain seems to be the great equalizer in football.
Dareybuck
NDPreps Starter

Postby Bison17 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:16 am

digger wrote:Valley City should beat Trinity handily; their records incidate what types of teams they have. Valley City is 9-0 for a reason, Trinity is 4-5 for a reason.
Oak Grove can play with Watford City. The Grovers play a hard nosed style on both sides of the ball, nothing fancy, they smack you, you smack them. If it is a low scoring game, Oak Grove has a shot, if the Wolves get into the 20's I don't know if Oak Grove can score enough to keep up.

If watford city has any kind of a passing game I believe they will absolutely throttle oak grove. We played oak grove during a rainy night and if it wasn't for the rain we could have passed for over two hundred yards on them. Oak grove has a decent running game but its really not that hard to defend. Watford city just needs to stop the big play and they will move on.
Bison17
NDPreps Starter

Postby Dareybuck » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:12 pm

remember its harder to run the ball in poor weather conditions along with passing. it would have been nice to see what would have happened if that game had good weather.
Dareybuck
NDPreps Starter

Return to AA