Bottineau vs. Hazen Round 1

The teams in Class AA.

Bottineau vs. Hazen Round 1

Postby inurfacefootball » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:58 pm

Both teams have stepped it up since they played in week 2. Any thoughts?
inurfacefootball

Re: Bottineau vs. Hazen Round 1

Postby tweener » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:18 pm

Botno is a really good team and pretty physical. Not sure about Hazen, sounds decent tho. Should be a good game no matter what.
tweener
NDPreps Reserve

Postby football101 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:10 pm

It will be a close game. Bottineau is a much better team now. I say Bottineau pulls it out.
football101
NDPreps Starter

Postby Truce » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:30 pm

Hazen by at least 14.

Bottineau is improved, but their offence wont be able to keep up.
Truce
NDPreps Starter

Postby football101 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:37 pm

Truce wrote:Hazen by at least 14.

but their defense will. Hazen will not put 20 points on the board. Bottineau will win this game.
football101
NDPreps Starter

Postby SportsBuff » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:00 pm

football101 wrote:

but their defense will. Hazen will not put 20 points on the board. Bottineau will win this game.

Hazen probably wont even have to score 20 points to win this game. Hazen's defense looked especially good in the Coal Bowl. They help the miners to less than 50 yards of offense and forced 3 turnovers. They flowed to the ball really well and did not miss many tackles. Marshall looked good and healthy and he seemed to be the anchor of Hazen's defense. If they play the way they did against beulah, bottineau will have a hard time scoring. Even then i dont believe Bottineau will be able to hold down Hazen's offense. Im taking Hazen 21-6
SportsBuff
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Baller22 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:02 pm

Bottineau hasn't give up 26 points in the last 4 games combined in fact they've given up exactly half of that and 7 of those points came off of a blocked punt. plus Bottineau's offense has really started to work well together, this willdefinitely not be a shootout, Both teams have a good chance.

Edit* i guess he said 21... but either way you get my point.
Baller22
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BigPaPa68 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:13 pm

SportsBuff wrote:
football101 wrote:

Hazen probably wont even have to score 20 points to win this game. Hazen's defense looked especially good in the Coal Bowl. They help the miners to less than 50 yards of offense and forced 3 turnovers. They flowed to the ball really well and did not miss many tackles. Marshall looked good and healthy and he seemed to be the anchor of Hazen's defense. If they play the way they did against beulah, bottineau will have a hard time scoring. Even then i dont believe Bottineau will be able to hold down Hazen's offense. Im taking Hazen 21-6

lets be honest marshall didnt look that good in the coal bowl he had a few runs and a couple tackles dont forget about his penalties and the fact that beulah did it to themselves hazen had starters in the whole game and only put up 35
BigPaPa68

Postby BigPaPa68 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:23 pm

But i do admit they will probably beat bottineu but we all know they are gunna flush it down the toilet in the Semi's like the last three years
BigPaPa68

Postby football45 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:48 pm

Off the subject a bit.......but Botno's win against Rugby on Tuesday was the first time Botno has beaten Rugby in 15 years.

What has happened to Rugby?
football45
NDPreps Starter

Postby HeHateMe » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:24 pm

football45 wrote:Off the subject a bit.......but Botno's win against Rugby on Tuesday was the first time Botno has beaten Rugby in 15 years.

Youth
HeHateMe
NDPreps Starter

Postby Bison423 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:16 am

BigPaPa68 wrote:
SportsBuff wrote:
football101 wrote:

lets be honest marshall didnt look that good in the coal bowl he had a few runs and a couple tackles dont forget about his penalties and the fact that beulah did it to themselves hazen had starters in the whole game and only put up 35

No hazen didnt have their starters in the whole game and i dont know but when your up 35-0 most coaches wont try to run the score up just because even if it is a big rivialry game, and sense when is 35 points no that many.
Bison423
NDPreps Starter

Postby windex » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:32 pm

I was at the game and Hazen did take starting players out in 4th Quarter
Called time out so crowd could cheer them off the field ...I'm thinking it
was with less than 4:00 minutes left with clock running
windex
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsgod25 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:40 am

I am going to have to go with hazen, they have to much talent to loose this game. Botiono may have inproved but so has hazen. In week 2 when hazen played botiono they had a bunch of mistakes and turnovers. I think if hazen can cotrol the ball better then in week 2 they will win.

Sometimes the (hazen) defence has some breakdowns but they proved they can really play defence do to there oustanding win over beluah.

Hazen- 21
Botino- 7
sportsgod25
NDPreps Reserve

Postby highlightstick » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:17 pm

hazen takes it by 14 or more
highlightstick
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Bison17 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:10 am

football45 wrote:Off the subject a bit.......but Botno's win against Rugby on Tuesday was the first time Botno has beaten Rugby in 15 years.

they lost duscherer and there stud quarterback plain and simple
Bison17
NDPreps Starter

Postby Bison423 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:16 pm

sportsgod25 wrote:I am going to have to go with hazen, they have to much talent to loose this game. Botiono may have inproved but so has hazen. In week 2 when hazen played botiono they had a bunch of mistakes and turnovers. I think if hazen can cotrol the ball better then in week 2 they will win.

Sometimes the (hazen) defence has some breakdowns but they proved they can really play defence do to there oustanding win over beluah.

Hazen- 21
Botino- 7

Nice prediction.
Bison423
NDPreps Starter

Postby Truce » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:01 pm

football101 wrote:

haha...

Wrong on both counts.
Truce
NDPreps Starter

Return to AA