2008 Class AA Quarterfinal Playoff Schedule

The teams in Class AA.

Re: 2008 Class AA Quarterfinal Playoff Schedule

Postby Therehere » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:27 pm

Want to Talk about Trintys acheivements how about how good they were at home couldnt loss there until dl rolled in last year and stomped them, this has nothing to do with dl im just saying just because things have happened in the past doesnt mean they will always continue ill take valley by atleast 2 touchdowns
Therehere
NDPreps Rookie

Postby AAfootballfan » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:29 pm

benchwarmer19 wrote:
[#1E Valley City vs. #4W Dickinson Trinity
Most intriguing matchup of the 1st round. Played a relatively close game earlier in the year, with Trinity having 5+ turnovers. Valley is very fast, which might give Trinity some problems. The one thing that Trinity has going for them is playoff experience and some very good coaches. I'm gonna predict the upset here and say Trinity 21-14 over Valley City./quote]

I agree with the upset pick. In my opinion Dickinson Trinity has the best coaching staff in AA football and with that comes a wealth of playoff and big game experience. From what I have seen Derek Elliot is a good player but I didn't see a whole lot of other good skill position players for Valley. If Trinity can shut down Elliot which I believe they will do they will win this game in a close one.

Trinity has a great coaching staff, but as long as Fred Fridley is on the sideline in Watford City the Wolves have the best staff in AA. His record speaks for itself 8 state titles and approaching 300 career wins.
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 5-time state chump » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:46 pm

kaybee94 wrote:Game #1
I'm gonna predict the upset here and say Trinity 21-14 over Valley City.

I'm not saying that it can't happen, but uhhhh...there's a reason why Trinity is 4-5, and VC is 9-0.

VC 26, Trinity 12
5-time state chump
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Football 13 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:09 am

#1W Watford City vs. #4E Fargo Oak Grove
Watford City has too much firepower. They can throw the ball all over the field, and can run the ball when they need too. Their defense is quick to the ball, they tackle very well, and they will take care of the line of scrimmage. Add that all to the fact they are playing at Fridley Field and that equals a Watford City win by the score of 34-12

#2W Hazen vs. #3E Bottineau
Played earlier in the year with Hazen winning 27-7. Heard that the Bottineau players and coaches were hoping for a rematch because they felt as if they had won the 1st time. Be very careful what you wish for. The Bison offense is explosive, fast and do not make nearly as many mistakes as they did earlier. Bottineau lovers, if you had actually seen the game, you would know that minus a few turnovers, Hazen could have made that a 40-7 game. Bottineau is improved, they are physical, and they play extremely hard, but are no match for the Bison. Hazen 38-8

#1E Valley City vs. #4W Dickinson Trinity
Most intriguing matchup of the 1st round. Played a relatively close game earlier in the year, with Trinity having 5+ turnovers. Valley is very fast, which might give Trinity some problems. The one thing that Trinity has going for them is playoff experience and some very good coaches. I'm gonna predict the upset here and say Trinity 21-14 over Valley City.

#2E Devils Lake vs. #3W Beulah
Way too much for the Miners to handle. They are coming off a very unimpressive Coal Bowl. The Firebirds might have trouble containing Schank, IF Schmidt has time to throw the ball. The Firebirds will win the line of scrimmage and the game 34-6.

kbeey94 or whatever you have no clue about anything. I doubt you were at the game so i don't see how you could say that they could have put up 40 points and i really don't see how you can say they are going to put up 38 against bottineau in the playoffs. so get a clue what are you from hazen? It will be a close game so get a clue.
Football 13

Postby digger » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:23 pm

The weather looks good for all four games this weekend:
Watford City/Hazen: 60's and slight chance of showers
Devils Lake/Valley City: 50's and dry

Cold, soggy conditions tends to equalize the talent. Looks like great playing conditions this weekend, should be no weather excuses. Two teams that I think would have liked less than ideal conditions are Bottineau and Oak Grove. Hazen and Watford City should be double digit favorites, I think sloppy field conditions might have evened things out a bit.
digger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Bison423 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:21 pm

Football 13 you gotta chill a little bit, its his opion and just let it be that. u can say what u think but u dont gotta explode on the other guy
Bison423
NDPreps Starter

Postby benchwarmer19 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:59 pm

Bison423 wrote:Football 13 you gotta chill a little bit, its his opion and just let it be that. u can say what u think but u dont gotta explode on the other guy

Amen to that.
benchwarmer19
NDPreps Reserve

Postby steve34 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:54 am

Um.....the statement about the "relatively close game" played by VC and DT in week 2 is about as rediculous as I have seen here, save the "privates don't recruit" statement.

Valley City killed Trinity. Trinity was limited to 34 offensive plays until their last drive against VC's subs. Once VC ran Elliot as the tailback out of the eye, there was no stopping them. The game was anything but close.
steve34
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby kaybee94 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:37 pm

Football 13 wrote:
#1W Watford City vs. #4E Fargo Oak Grove
Watford City has too much firepower. They can throw the ball all over the field, and can run the ball when they need too. Their defense is quick to the ball, they tackle very well, and they will take care of the line of scrimmage. Add that all to the fact they are playing at Fridley Field and that equals a Watford City win by the score of 34-12

#2W Hazen vs. #3E Bottineau
Played earlier in the year with Hazen winning 27-7. Heard that the Bottineau players and coaches were hoping for a rematch because they felt as if they had won the 1st time. Be very careful what you wish for. The Bison offense is explosive, fast and do not make nearly as many mistakes as they did earlier. Bottineau lovers, if you had actually seen the game, you would know that minus a few turnovers, Hazen could have made that a 40-7 game. Bottineau is improved, they are physical, and they play extremely hard, but are no match for the Bison. Hazen 38-8

#1E Valley City vs. #4W Dickinson Trinity
Most intriguing matchup of the 1st round. Played a relatively close game earlier in the year, with Trinity having 5+ turnovers. Valley is very fast, which might give Trinity some problems. The one thing that Trinity has going for them is playoff experience and some very good coaches. I'm gonna predict the upset here and say Trinity 21-14 over Valley City.

#2E Devils Lake vs. #3W Beulah
Way too much for the Miners to handle. They are coming off a very unimpressive Coal Bowl. The Firebirds might have trouble containing Schank, IF Schmidt has time to throw the ball. The Firebirds will win the line of scrimmage and the game 34-6.

kbeey94 or whatever you have no clue about anything. I doubt you were at the game so i don't see how you could say that they could have put up 40 points and i really don't see how you can say they are going to put up 38 against bottineau in the playoffs. so get a clue what are you from hazen? It will be a close game so get a clue.

Young man, I know more about football than you can ever dream of. Do you think I just threw numbers out for the scores? No, I made my predictions based on a lot of information from various coaches, as well as from watching both teams at least twice throughout the season. I do have a clue football13, unfortunately for you, you'll get the "clue" on Saturday.
kaybee94
NDPreps Reserve

Postby benchwarmer19 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:02 pm

Young man, I know more about football than you can ever dream of. Do you think I just threw numbers out for the scores? No, I made my predictions based on a lot of information from various coaches, as well as from watching both teams at least twice throughout the season. I do have a clue football13, unfortunately for you, you'll get the "clue" on Saturday.

You seem pretty sure of yourself so I'm sure you won't mind telling us who you are?
benchwarmer19
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDSportsFan » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:14 pm

That's not necessary. He was just responding to some guys accusation of "you have no clue about anything" which I probably should have deleted, but for some reason I let it go. In the future I probably will to avoid derailing a good topic, like this one. kaybee94 took the time to think out his post and back up his responses. He doesn't need to explain himself any further or be attacked for stating what was just an opinion. Lets just drop it please and get back to the the playoff schedule.

Thanks
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby tna » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:30 pm

GoAus8 wrote:It's going to be an all east semi-final

this is a pretty sweet "all east semi-final" huh? hahahaha
tna

Postby GoAus8 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:49 pm

tna wrote:
GoAus8 wrote:It's going to be an all east semi-final

this is a pretty sweet "all east semi-final" huh? hahahaha

haha toushe'
GoAus8
NDPreps Starter

Postby Dareybuck » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:37 pm

what ended up being the final score of the DL WC game?
a great player can win a game but a TEAM can win EVERY game.
Dareybuck
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to AA