Playoff Picture?

The teams in Class AA.

Re: Playoff Picture?

Postby Dareybuck » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:26 am

that could be very true. thats one of those games were the "underdog" has a shot.i wouldnt of thought that a month ago.
a great player can win a game but a TEAM can win EVERY game.
Dareybuck
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfan » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:33 pm

football101 wrote:
SweetSweetKyle777 wrote:Ill be really surprised if VC loses to their last 2 teams (Central Cass and Carrington) They are playing way to good right now. And since DL probably wont lose for the rest of the reg season VC has to have the #1 spot with a flawless record

DL will have to play a really good game to beat Grafton.

I think the same could be said for Grafton.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby football57 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:57 pm

Bottineau is on a roll with a 3 game winning streak. I wouldn't doubt they make that streak go to seven games in a row.
football57
NDPreps Reserve

Postby football57 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:00 pm

Dareybuck wrote:Oak Grove beat Grafton.
did Grafton play Bottineau?

yeah botno beat grafton 14-6 and they are in the playoffs
football57
NDPreps Reserve

Postby champ24 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:10 pm

football57 wrote:Bottineau is on a roll with a 3 game winning streak. I wouldn't doubt they make that streak go to seven games in a row.

That would be a huge stretch considering they'll have to go to either Beulah or Hazen 1st round. Their season will come to an end 1st round.
champ24

Postby ndfootballfan » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:50 pm

The win streak might get to five but i don't see it getting farther then the second round where they will play VC
ndfootballfan

Postby football101 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:22 am

champ24 wrote:
football57 wrote:Bottineau is on a roll with a 3 game winning streak. I wouldn't doubt they make that streak go to seven games in a row.

That would be a huge stretch considering they'll have to go to either Beulah or Hazen 1st round. Their season will come to an end 1st round.

This is not the same Botno team that started the season. New offence takes time. I would not want to play them in the playoffs.
football101
NDPreps Starter

Postby tellmeaboutit » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:00 pm

ndfootballfan wrote:The win streak might get to five but i don't see it getting farther then the second round where they will play VC

VC is slated to play Dickinson Trinity, a team with many injuries. I'm going to pick Trinity in an upset. VC is the better team, but they don't have the playoff experience of THS. Also...without that experience it might be easy to overlook Trinity and just expect a win. Trinity is well coached, and have not played to their potential all year.
You have to hate losing more than I love winning.
tellmeaboutit
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfootballwrestling » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:29 pm

tellmeaboutit wrote:
ndfootballfan wrote:The win streak might get to five but i don't see it getting farther then the second round where they will play VC

VC is slated to play Dickinson Trinity, a team with many injuries. I'm going to pick Trinity in an upset. VC is the better team, but they don't have the playoff experience of THS. Also...without that experience it might be easy to overlook Trinity and just expect a win. Trinity is well coached, and have not played to their potential all year.

I would have to say that the playoff exeprience is true. Yet theres alot of VC players that wrestle and quite a few of them have National wresting tourney experience. There is no way a football game like this can compare to the crowd of 30 plus states and 24 wrestling mats. I believe they will be ready to go, come playoffs.
This is a different group of kids. Watched most of them play since 5th grade and you just cant be too confident when these games come around. Good Luck and Good Job Hi-Liners, make them coaches proud!!!
ndfootballwrestling

Postby inurfacefootball » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:12 pm

in their last three games, bottineau played very physical football which is probably why they upset oak grove and grafton, if they keep up the high temp they are playing at theyll compete well in the playoffs
inurfacefootball

Postby GoAus8 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:44 pm

anyone know what the seeding will look like in the west?
GoAus8
NDPreps Starter

Postby GoAus8 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:47 pm

tellmeaboutit wrote:

Are you saying that VC has many injuries or Trinity?
GoAus8
NDPreps Starter

Postby windex » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:48 pm

watford has 1st locked and Trinity has 4th
Hazen or Beulah 2nd and 3rd determined by Tuesday
game
windex
NDPreps Starter

Postby InYourFace » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:48 pm

windex wrote:watford has 1st locked and Trinity has 4th
Hazen or Beulah 2nd and 3rd determined by Tuesday
game

Can't wait for the Coal Bowl its going to be CRAZY good. If Beulah wins i believe the will beat the 3rd seed from the east which is like grafton and i believe Hazen if they lose would go to Devils and beat them and we could possibly looking at a Coal Bowl 2 which would be NUTS!!!!!!!!!!
InYourFace
NDPreps Reserve

Postby SportsBuff » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:26 pm

Looking like it will be..
West
1. Watford City
2. Hazen
3. Beulah
4. Trinity

East
1. Valley City
2. Devils Lake
3. Bottineau
4. Oak Grove
SportsBuff
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ClassBEast » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:17 am

SportsBuff wrote:Looking like it will be..
West
1. Watford City
2. Hazen
3. Beulah
4. Trinity

East
1. Valley City
2. Devils Lake
3. Bottineau
4. Oak Grove

Central Cass plays Oak Grove tonight. If the Squirrels beat Oak Grove by 15 or more and Grafton loses to Devils Lake, Central Cass will be the #4 seed and travel to Watford City for the first round of the playoffs.
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Dareybuck » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:03 am

highly unlikely. odds are pretty stacked against those odds. but if theres a chance you never no.
a great player can win a game but a TEAM can win EVERY game.
Dareybuck
NDPreps Starter

Postby football101 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:43 pm

My thoughts
Round 1 Watford City vs Oak Grove -Oak Grove in a tight one
Hazen vs Bottineau -Sorry Hazen, Bottineau now knows how to run their offense
Beulah vs DL -DL big
Trinity vs Valley City -Valley City big

Round 2 DL vs Oak Grove-DL by 14
Valley City vs Bottineau -Valley big

Round 3 DL vs Valley CIty -Valley rolled them once, they will do it again. Valley big on the
turf.
football101
NDPreps Starter

Postby Bison423 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:09 pm

I would be shocked if either watford or hazen loses. who has oak grove beat to even consider them being close to watford, and hazen took care of botno in botno early in the season when they still had problems of their own.
Bison423
NDPreps Starter

Postby football57 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:18 pm

Bison423 wrote:I would be shocked if either watford or hazen loses. who has oak grove beat to even consider them being close to watford, and hazen took care of botno in botno early in the season when they still had problems of their own.

Watford should be able to handle oak grove and Hazen and Bottineau will be a good game in my opinion. Bottineau has made a lot of changes since they played Hazen. Bottineaus offense was a little rough at the beginnng but now their offense is coming together. and Bottineaus defense is also pretty good too. Bottineau will have to play a very good game to beat Hazen but i think it could go either way. It all depends on who is there to play.
football57
NDPreps Reserve

Postby inurfacefootball » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:54 pm

football57 wrote:
Bison423 wrote:I would be shocked if either watford or hazen loses. who has oak grove beat to even consider them being close to watford, and hazen took care of botno in botno early in the season when they still had problems of their own.

Watford should be able to handle oak grove and Hazen and Bottineau will be a good game in my opinion. Bottineau has made a lot of changes since they played Hazen. Bottineaus offense was a little rough at the beginnng but now their offense is coming together. and Bottineaus defense is also pretty good too. Bottineau will have to play a very good game to beat Hazen but i think it could go either way. It all depends on who is there to play.

this is true, oak grove might put up a fight but i expect watford to come away with the win, botno and hazen should be close, like football57 says...its who shows up to play thats walkin away with the W and a chance at the second round in the playoffs
inurfacefootball

Postby Truce » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:16 am

boy, Football101 i think your a bottno fan, hahaha

The only reason hazen isnt #1 in the west is because sorenson got hurt. They jsut shut out a much improved beulah team 35 to nothing.

they are back and runnin on all cylinders. Bottino may have a good defence, but their offence will not e able to keep up.

hazen has the Highest scoring offence in AA football. Bottinos defence is good, but they will have a very hard time bottling them up.
Truce
NDPreps Starter

Postby 5-time state chump » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:01 am

Truce wrote:hazen has the Highest scoring offence in AA football. Bottinos defence is good, but they will have a very hard time bottling them up.

I think if we were to attempt to use "PPG" or "PPGA" as a factor in predicting games, we should only use stats from the first half of play.
5-time state chump
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby football101 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:31 am

Truce wrote:boy, Football101 i think your a bottno fan, hahaha

The only reason hazen isnt #1 in the west is because sorenson got hurt. They jsut shut out a much improved beulah team 35 to nothing.

they are back and runnin on all cylinders. Bottino may have a good defence, but their offence will not e able to keep up.

hazen has the Highest scoring offence in AA football. Bottinos defence is good, but they will have a very hard time bottling them up.

No, I'm from a AA school but is bot Bottineau. I was very impressed with them. Their only problem is that they have no subs. 95% of their players play both ways. You are wrong about their offence. They will put up points.
football101
NDPreps Starter

Postby steve34 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:48 pm

I move that, for the remainder of the playoffs, we use the labels "scoring offense" and "scoring defense" to replace PPG and PPGA.
steve34
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to AA