whos the best player in AA?

The teams in Class AA.

Re: whos the best player in AA?

Postby inurfacefootball » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:31 pm

also, usually when a person runs their 40, it's usually without pads, helmet, cleats, and dodging people...thought i would mention that but hey anything under a 5 is ridiculously fast in my eyes
inurfacefootball

Postby fbstatman » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:08 am

Yeah i agree he should've maybe got some touches last year just to see what happen.. but if im not mistaken the DL coach is big on seniority and likes playing people who are older and have been there longer, even if that means not playing the best people.. just my opinion[/quote][/quote]

NDsport08, What you are saying makes no sense to me. If i can remember right DL still has the same coach that they have had in recent years, then what you said makes no sense. DL has always been known for starting numerous sophmores. And if you ask me i think a team scoring 360 points last year was having no problems scoring. Their sr class had 2 of the best RBs in the state and 2 of the best WRs in the state. I think 3 of the 4 are playing college ball now. And If wolfe was the best RB or WR, then he would have played. He must have matured and gotten better over a year ovbisly. Also i believe DL has changed their offense. They copied oak groves style, and that is a much better fit for a player like Wolfe. Last years style they seemed to run it more up the middle from i-back and crossbuck. Which would be more hardhitting and less dancing. He is a dancing back not a hard hitting back. Look at vc's back elliot, he is easily the best back in the state this year in AA, when last year he struggled for even small yardage against teams like DL and OG and Grafton, this year he runs allll over them. Players grow up year by year. and teams loose players everyyear, and it only makes sense.
fbstatman

Postby fbstatman » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:22 am

BUT, dont get me wrong, he is an outstanding player on both sides of the ball. I am just giving reasons why he might not have played much last year. If DL would have had a different style of O last year he might have saw more playing time. But with last years number of athletic players that style fit them best.

And by the way, 40 time means very little in football. There is very little straight up and down speed running in football. There is a thing called 'football speed', juking, stop starts, reading blocks, those skills make you a good back in football, not track speed.
fbstatman

Postby ndsport08 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:26 pm

fbstatman wrote:Yeah i agree he should've maybe got some touches last year just to see what happen.. but if im not mistaken the DL coach is big on seniority and likes playing people who are older and have been there longer, even if that means not playing the best people.. just my opinion

NDsport08, What you are saying makes no sense to me. If i can remember right DL still has the same coach that they have had in recent years, then what you said makes no sense. DL has always been known for starting numerous sophmores. And if you ask me i think a team scoring 360 points last year was having no problems scoring. Their sr class had 2 of the best RBs in the state and 2 of the best WRs in the state. I think 3 of the 4 are playing college ball now. And If wolfe was the best RB or WR, then he would have played. He must have matured and gotten better over a year ovbisly. Also i believe DL has changed their offense. They copied oak groves style, and that is a much better fit for a player like Wolfe. Last years style they seemed to run it more up the middle from i-back and crossbuck. Which would be more hardhitting and less dancing. He is a dancing back not a hard hitting back. Look at vc's back elliot, he is easily the best back in the state this year in AA, when last year he struggled for even small yardage against teams like DL and OG and Grafton, this year he runs allll over them. Players grow up year by year. and teams loose players everyyear, and it only makes sense.

Yes by no means am i saying in order to get wolf the ball last year is to play him over two 6 foot 2 or so receivers and 2 runningbacks that looked like freaks in the weight room. I'm just saying if he was even somewhat near as quick as he is this year, put him in on punt returns or kickoff returns to see what he can do in the open field.. Maybe they didn't trust him at the time to do that i dont know.. And as for the coach this year. he has been pretty much forced to start 3 sophomores on the line and as well as a sophomore runningback because of all the injuries that have been occurring up in DL. But yeah i agree that wolf got dramatically better over one year and the wing t formation or however you want to call it is fitting nicely for him and the rest of DLs offense.
ndsport08
NDPreps Reserve

Postby peanut butter » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:29 pm

Miner Guy wrote:Josh Shank may be one of the better recievers in AA. He has pretty good hands and decent speed. BUT...from when i have seen him play he is very cocky. He is very lazy when it comes to blocking and I have seen him take plays off when it is not a passing play. Seems like he is more concerned about himself than helping out his teammates at times. He would be a much more complete football player if he gave that extra effort to help his teammates and team out. Also heard he goes by the nickname (correct me if i am wrong) of "ATM" automatic touchdown machine. We will hear about that on tuesday! The Coal Bowl has alot of meaning this year and hopefully we will see a good game to decide who will get the 2 seed out west. Good luck to both teams!

First of all "ATM" i have never heard him called that before. Yes he does take plays off and sometimes gets emotional (cocky) during games, but he helps our team out more than you think hes a good player and he does great things for this football team.[/quote]

Josh Shank is a decent player but not great. He didn't do anything in big games or against decent teams.
peanut butter
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Bison17 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:24 am

sweeper wrote:
ndplayer10 wrote:Derek Elliot by far no one can touch him... 5 games into the season he already has 750 yards and ten tds.... wow

you do have to remember that a RB does not make plays unless his O-line is doing its job, Elliot may have a lot of yards, but that could be contributed by an outstanding O-line, not just by his abilities.

not so much in this case. If they run up the middle they get nothing. Elliot just beats everyone to the outside and thats why he has so many big runs. The line is not that great
Bison17
NDPreps Starter

Postby InYourFace » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:28 pm

peanut butter wrote:
Miner Guy wrote:Josh Shank may be one of the better recievers in AA. He has pretty good hands and decent speed. BUT...from when i have seen him play he is very cocky. He is very lazy when it comes to blocking and I have seen him take plays off when it is not a passing play. Seems like he is more concerned about himself than helping out his teammates at times. He would be a much more complete football player if he gave that extra effort to help his teammates and team out. Also heard he goes by the nickname (correct me if i am wrong) of "ATM" automatic touchdown machine. We will hear about that on tuesday! The Coal Bowl has alot of meaning this year and hopefully we will see a good game to decide who will get the 2 seed out west. Good luck to both teams!

First of all "ATM" i have never heard him called that before. Yes he does take plays off and sometimes gets emotional (cocky) during games, but he helps our team out more than you think hes a good player and he does great things for this football team.

Josh Shank is a decent player but not great. He didn't do anything in big games or against decent teams.[/quote]

OMG u guys he did do great against good and decent teams. Against DELACS he had about 5cathes for like 70yrs and a TD also had a INT for a TD. VS WATFORD he had like 6 or 8 catches for 90yards and a TD. VS BELCOURT he hade like 3catches for 50yrs and a TD off a punt. VS TRINITY he had 8catches for 130yards and 2TD's. VS Standing Rock we only throw 2 him like 3 times and he cought each one for like a total of 50yards. VS Minot Ryan he had 8 cathces for like another 130yards and a TD. VS BOWMAN COUNTY he had at least 8 or 10 catches for 140yards and 2 or 3TD's. His season total would be about 35 catches for over 600yards and like 8 or 10 TD's recieving. Then 3 TD's off of INTS. and 2 TD's off of Punts. so he has like 13 or 15 total TD...............The game stats are no accurate i just wrote what i could remember but he had more catches and yards and TD's then what I remember.
InYourFace
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Bison423 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:52 pm

how many did he have in the big gave vs hazen. none. not saying that he his not a good player but im jus tellin ya the facts
Bison423
NDPreps Starter

Postby InYourFace » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:14 am

Bison423 wrote:how many did he have in the big gave vs hazen. none. not saying that he his not a good player but im jus tellin ya the facts

He had non because Hazen Tripled teamed him and the one ball he caught the refres called him out because he was forced out and his foot hit the line. But Hazen had Triple or Double all night and jamed him hard to were he couldnt get a release good enough and when he did he had anouther guy in his face.
InYourFace
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Bison423 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:51 pm

ya ok so if he was triple teamed, thats when some1 else has to step up. Its not like DL is just gonna let him have the ball either. If beulah thinks they have a shot sat. then some1 else needs to come up big for them
Bison423
NDPreps Starter

Postby InYourFace » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:22 am

Bison423 wrote:ya ok so if he was triple teamed, thats when some1 else has to step up. Its not like DL is just gonna let him have the ball either. If beulah thinks they have a shot sat. then some1 else needs to come up big for them

ya like the running game, which wasn't found against Hazen
InYourFace
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Bison423 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:16 pm

ya they had basically no offense so if they play anything like they did in the coal bowl their season is over.
Bison423
NDPreps Starter

Postby Bison17 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:15 am

football101 wrote:My vote would have to go to Mr. Wolf. He is a game changer. He has scored recieving, rushing, int return, punt return, fumble return. I don't know how many TD's he has this year but I has to be around 13. I would love to have this kid on my team.

he probably is on your team and your just talking him up
Bison17
NDPreps Starter

Postby HeHateMe » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:28 pm

Bison17 wrote:
football101 wrote:My vote would have to go to Mr. Wolf. He is a game changer. He has scored recieving, rushing, int return, punt return, fumble return. I don't know how many TD's he has this year but I has to be around 13. I would love to have this kid on my team.

he probably is on your team and your just talking him up

Wow man are you serious? You think that because a guy says Wolf scored every way but off of Kickoff, Punt Block and FG Block that he's on Wolf's team and that he's talking him up? I'm telling ya man, it kinda sounds talked up but Wolf really has scored almost every way you could think.
HeHateMe
NDPreps Starter

Postby eastwood99 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:59 pm

that is true...you must have something against him dude
Frank Lucas
eastwood99
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Bison423 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:17 pm

ya dumb quote but its not like hes the only player that scores in a variety of ways.
Bison423
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:46 pm

Bison423 wrote:ya dumb quote but its not like hes the only player that scores in a variety of ways.

ok name someone else who has??
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby Bison423 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:41 pm

Carr has a rushing, receiving, punt return, pick. Sorensen has a passing, rushing, punt return, and a pick. Carr's total is 14 and Sorensen's is 25.
Bison423
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:29 pm

InYourFace wrote:
peanut butter wrote:

First of all "ATM" i have never heard him called that before. Yes he does take plays off and sometimes gets emotional (cocky) during games, but he helps our team out more than you think hes a good player and he does great things for this football team.

Josh Shank is a decent player but not great. He didn't do anything in big games or against decent teams.

OMG u guys he did do great against good and decent teams. Against DELACS he had about 5cathes for like 70yrs and a TD also had a INT for a TD. VS WATFORD he had like 6 or 8 catches for 90yards and a TD. VS BELCOURT he hade like 3catches for 50yrs and a TD off a punt. VS TRINITY he had 8catches for 130yards and 2TD's. VS Standing Rock we only throw 2 him like 3 times and he cought each one for like a total of 50yards. VS Minot Ryan he had 8 cathces for like another 130yards and a TD. VS BOWMAN COUNTY he had at least 8 or 10 catches for 140yards and 2 or 3TD's. His season total would be about 35 catches for over 600yards and like 8 or 10 TD's recieving. Then 3 TD's off of INTS. and 2 TD's off of Punts. so he has like 13 or 15 total TD...............The game stats are no accurate i just wrote what i could remember but he had more catches and yards and TD's then what I remember.[/quote]

I'd Take Wolf over Shank any day anyyyyyyyy day!!!! good teams huh Delacs class A team that had 1 win on the season, Belcourt come on everyone one knows thats a easy win, Trinty desent ill give ya that, Standing Rock wow coach should just play the Freshman in that game would still win, Ryan ok team not even desent, Carrington he didnt even have a catch i dont think they got shut out, Hazen he put up nothing, DL was at that game today he didnt impress me what happend there they still got shut out. I would say he is "OVER RATED"
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby InYourFace » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:27 am

ndsportsfan14 wrote:
InYourFace wrote:
peanut butter wrote:

OMG u guys he did do great against good and decent teams. Against DELACS he had about 5cathes for like 70yrs and a TD also had a INT for a TD. VS WATFORD he had like 6 or 8 catches for 90yards and a TD. VS BELCOURT he hade like 3catches for 50yrs and a TD off a punt. VS TRINITY he had 8catches for 130yards and 2TD's. VS Standing Rock we only throw 2 him like 3 times and he cought each one for like a total of 50yards. VS Minot Ryan he had 8 cathces for like another 130yards and a TD. VS BOWMAN COUNTY he had at least 8 or 10 catches for 140yards and 2 or 3TD's. His season total would be about 35 catches for over 600yards and like 8 or 10 TD's recieving. Then 3 TD's off of INTS. and 2 TD's off of Punts. so he has like 13 or 15 total TD...............The game stats are no accurate i just wrote what i could remember but he had more catches and yards and TD's then what I remember.

I'd Take Wolf over Shank any day anyyyyyyyy day!!!! good teams huh Delacs class A team that had 1 win on the season, Belcourt come on everyone one knows thats a easy win, Trinty desent ill give ya that, Standing Rock wow coach should just play the Freshman in that game would still win, Ryan ok team not even desent, Carrington he didnt even have a catch i dont think they got shut out, Hazen he put up nothing, DL was at that game today he didnt impress me what happend there they still got shut out. I would say he is "OVER RATED"[/quote]

Noway I'll take Schank any day today I watch Schank and Wolf go against each other and Schank shut him down while Wolf let Schank catch 3 balls and o ya Schank out ran Wolf at the end of the 1st half and picked the ball off....Wolf has speed and some moves but didn't seem agressive when having the ball and Schank has everything
InYourFace
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:19 am

InYourFace wrote:
ndsportsfan14 wrote:
InYourFace wrote:
peanut butter wrote:

I'd Take Wolf over Shank any day anyyyyyyyy day!!!! good teams huh Delacs class A team that had 1 win on the season, Belcourt come on everyone one knows thats a easy win, Trinty desent ill give ya that, Standing Rock wow coach should just play the Freshman in that game would still win, Ryan ok team not even desent, Carrington he didnt even have a catch i dont think they got shut out, Hazen he put up nothing, DL was at that game today he didnt impress me what happend there they still got shut out. I would say he is "OVER RATED"

Noway I'll take Schank any day today I watch Schank and Wolf go against each other and Schank shut him down while Wolf let Schank catch 3 balls and o ya Schank out ran Wolf at the end of the 1st half and picked the ball off....Wolf has speed and some moves but didn't seem agressive when having the ball and Schank has everything[/quote]

ya okkkkk
well see who has more yds an tds at end the season an who goes farther o ya thats right BEULAH lost huh there season over that not cool an dont forget Wolf only a junior we get to watch him dominate again next year
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndsport08 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:25 am

InYourFace wrote:
ndsportsfan14 wrote:
InYourFace wrote:
peanut butter wrote:

Noway I'll take Schank any day today I watch Schank and Wolf go against each other and Schank shut him down while Wolf let Schank catch 3 balls and o ya Schank out ran Wolf at the end of the 1st half and picked the ball off....Wolf has speed and some moves but didn't seem agressive when having the ball and Schank has everything[/quote]

Not at all, I believe Wolf won the matchup today against Schank. Schank caught 3 balls for like what 30 yards or so and had 2 ints, While wolf ran all over Beulahs D had an int and a punt return that he took back to like the 30 and got hurt midway through the third quarter so didnt play the rest of the game..
ndsport08
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HeHateMe » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:56 pm

Schank caught 3 catches....... 13 yards, Wolf's 1 TD run was half of that at 7 yds.... Schank did decent with the 2 INTs but put this into perspective; one was on 4th and long about equal to a decent punt, the other was with a couple seconds left in the 1st half on a hail mary... neither meant anything
HeHateMe
NDPreps Starter

Postby triplebbb » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:01 pm

Is Kevin Sanford-QB from Watford City in this conversation at all? 3 year starter. State Championship under his belt. 9-1 this year with I believe 29 TD passes and 9 rushing TD's?
triplebbb
NDPreps Starter

Postby InYourFace » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:34 pm

ndsportsfan14 wrote:
InYourFace wrote:
ndsportsfan14 wrote:
InYourFace wrote:
peanut butter wrote:

Noway I'll take Schank any day today I watch Schank and Wolf go against each other and Schank shut him down while Wolf let Schank catch 3 balls and o ya Schank out ran Wolf at the end of the 1st half and picked the ball off....Wolf has speed and some moves but didn't seem agressive when having the ball and Schank has everything

ya okkkkk
well see who has more yds an tds at end the season an who goes farther o ya thats right BEULAH lost huh there season over that not cool an dont forget Wolf only a junior we get to watch him dominate again next year[/quote]

last year Schank was a Junior and dominated AA he only recieved 2nd team all-state because 1st team had 5RB's and only 1WR which Schank should of got 1st team and who cares which team goes farther......Point blank Schank is better then Wolf..... Once again Schank shut down Wolf on both sides, while Wolf let Schank caught 3 for 50yards and 2ints. While Wolf had 1int a decent punt return and a running TD, because he fits better and a wing back then Wide Out when goin against someone who has Schank's skill
InYourFace
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to AA