AA - Week # 5 Schedule (2008)

The teams in Class AA.

AA - Week # 5 Schedule (2008)

Postby ND Football Guy » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:52 am

Friday, September 26

Beulah - 27, at (RV) Dickinson Trinity - 21 (OT)

Central Cass - 0, at (RV) Grafton - 12

(#5) Fargo Oak Grove - 42, at Rugby - 7

Standing Rock - 8, at Minot Ryan - 51

(#3) Valley City - 22, at Bottineau - 0

(#4) Watford City - 35, at (#2) Hazen - 34

Saturday, September 27

Belcourt - 14, at Bowman County - 6

(RV) Carrington - 7, at (#1) Devils Lake - 21
Last edited by ND Football Guy on Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:05 pm, edited 7 times in total.
ND Football Guy
NDPreps All-State

Re: AA - Week # 5 Schedule (2008)

Postby champ24 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:27 am

Could the WC/Hazen game determine the West Region's #1 seed??? Or is Trinity still a legitimate contender??
champ24

Postby gator1o » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:15 am

i havent seen WC play this year but they have there qb and te returning from last year, and im sure some other people but anyways i dont think that trinity will be able to beat WC we will see tho, but trinity had a tough time with ryan and ryan just lost to hazen 39-22 i dont think that trinity is a top contender just WC and Hazen will have to battle it out
gator1o
NDPreps Starter

Postby DeuceTrey » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:20 pm

ND Football Guy wrote:Friday, September 26

Beulah at Dickinson Trinity

Central Cass at Grafton

Fargo Oak Grove at Rugby

Standing Rock at Minot Ryan

Valley City at Bottineau

Watford City at Hazen

Saturday, September 27

Belcourt at Bowman County

Carrington at Devils Lake
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby scruffy » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:34 am

gator1o wrote:i havent seen WC play this year but they have there qb and te returning from last year, and im sure some other people but anyways i dont think that trinity will be able to beat WC we will see tho, but trinity had a tough time with ryan and ryan just lost to hazen 39-22 i dont think that trinity is a top contender just WC and Hazen will have to battle it out

It's obvious what the keys to the west are...Between Trinity, Hazen and Watford City it will come down to whoever can win two out of three matchups between them and avoid being upset by the other teams. Do that and a number one or two seed and a home playoff game should be assured....
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby brockstar41 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:31 pm

I'd say Carrington could pull a big upset this week over DL. If they are stuff off enough from getting screwed over in Central Cass, they might just pull off the upset of the year.
brockstar41
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndplayer10 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:13 pm

no way carrinton takes dl down ... dl by at least 3 touchdowns
ndplayer10
NDPreps Starter

Postby BisonCardinal » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:08 pm

We've got a good chance for an upset. Our defense has only allowed 2 TD's in the last three games. Our offense is somewhat sporadic, but can score when we are on. Hopefully, Sat. we wil be on.
BisonCardinal
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Dareybuck » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:09 am

You have false hope. DL will dominate at the the line of scrimmage from the opening kickoff. you can come out with some fire and passion or whatever you do to get ready. it'll end up being like 30-6, or 36-12. in favor of DL.

i have seen them play(DL) and i have seen the cards play. there should be no arguing on who SHOULD. win, but all said, you gotta play it to see who wins.
a great player can win a game but a TEAM can win EVERY game.
Dareybuck
NDPreps Starter

Postby ClassBEast » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:28 am

brockstar41 wrote:I'd say Carrington could pull a big upset this week over DL. If they are stuff off enough from getting screwed over in Central Cass, they might just pull off the upset of the year.

Not gonna happen. Sorry you are upset you lost to Central Cass, but no need to blame the refs. Good luck against Devil's Lake, you're gonna need it.
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby brockstar41 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:58 am

ClassBEast wrote:
brockstar41 wrote:I'd say Carrington could pull a big upset this week over DL. If they are stuff off enough from getting screwed over in Central Cass, they might just pull off the upset of the year.

Not gonna happen. Sorry you are upset you lost to Central Cass, but no need to blame the refs. Good luck against Devil's Lake, you're gonna need it.

Who else can you blame?
brockstar41
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:13 am

turn this topic back on track.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby scruffy » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:37 pm

Blaming the officials.........now you sound like a viking fan...All you have to do is come up with a play to overcome what you "think" is a bad call....
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby SweetSweetKyle777 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:56 pm

Predictions for VC at Bottineau? Or WC and Hazen?
SweetSweetKyle777

Postby SportsBuff » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:30 am

Friday, September 26

Beulah at (RV) Dickinson Trinity - Trinity wins this fairly easily.

Central Cass at (RV) Grafton - Grafton will shut down Central Cass and win this one.

(#5) Fargo Oak Grove at Rugby - Oak Grove needs this to get back on track. They should get the W in Rugby

Standing Rock at Minot Ryan - Tough one but MR squeaks one out :D and get their first win.

(#3) Valley City at Bottineau - VC playing too good right now.

(#4) Watford City at (#2) Hazen - By far best game of the week. Could go either way but i will take Hazen at home in a tight one

Saturday, September 27

Belcourt at Bowman County - Long trip for Belcourt, BC wins

(RV) Carrington at (#1) Devils Lake - Carrington might give a scare early but DL will be too much and win by a few scores
SportsBuff
NDPreps Reserve

Postby AAfootballfan » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:00 pm

SportsBuff wrote:Friday, September 26

Beulah at (RV) Dickinson Trinity - Trinity wins this fairly easily.

Central Cass at (RV) Grafton - Grafton will shut down Central Cass and win this one.

(#5) Fargo Oak Grove at Rugby - Oak Grove needs this to get back on track. They should get the W in Rugby

Standing Rock at Minot Ryan - Tough one but MR squeaks one out :D and get their first win.

(#3) Valley City at Bottineau - VC playing too good right now.

(#4) Watford City at (#2) Hazen - By far best game of the week. Could go either way but i will take Hazen at home in a tight one

Saturday, September 27

Belcourt at Bowman County - Long trip for Belcourt, BC wins

(RV) Carrington at (#1) Devils Lake - Carrington might give a scare early but DL will be too much and win by a few scores

Watford City wins this week....right now I think they are the 2nd best team in the state....we shall see though....my prediction is WC-27 Hazen-16
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ND Football Guy » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:06 pm

Updated.
ND Football Guy
NDPreps All-State

Postby Bison423 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:17 pm

WC beat hazen 35-34 on the last play of the game. Sorensen on a 3rd and long on around WC's 30 yd line in the 4th, scrambled out of pocket and got tackled out of bounds near the 1st down line, when he got late hit while out of bounds and a penalty was called. The play though resulted in Sorensen being carted off the field on a stretcher which was a huge turning point in the game, as Hazen's offense had very little production after that. WC played a very solid game, Sanford and Knudson also played very well but in my opinion the game is much different with Sorensen still in the game.
Bison423
NDPreps Starter

Postby AAfootballfan » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:28 am

Bison423 wrote:WC beat hazen 35-34 on the last play of the game. Sorensen on a 3rd and long on around WC's 30 yd line in the 4th, scrambled out of pocket and got tackled out of bounds near the 1st down line, when he got late hit while out of bounds and a penalty was called. The play though resulted in Sorensen being carted off the field on a stretcher which was a huge turning point in the game, as Hazen's offense had very little production after that. WC played a very solid game, Sanford and Knudson also played very well but in my opinion the game is much different with Sorensen still in the game.

Wow what a great game by the sounds of it. What was the score when Sorensen was injured?? You never want to see a kid get injured hopefully everything is ok with him. The Wolves might have the inside track on home field in the west with this W, but their is alot of ball to be played yet.
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby windex » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:47 am

Beulah 27 Dickinson Trinty 21 OT
windex
NDPreps Starter

Postby SweetSweetKyle777 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:11 am

Valley City Shut out bottineau 22-0. The only threat VC faced the entire game was the first play. Bottineau kicked off and a VC sophmore fumbled the return and Bottineau recovered it on VC's 16 yd line. But VC's defense held them off and Elliott broke free for an 80 yard something td with a wall of blockers. Other touchdowns were a pass to Fogarty from Delorme in the 2nd and Elliott ran one in again in the second half.
SweetSweetKyle777

Postby Truce » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:52 am

Cheap shot on sorensen, Carted off by ambulance.

thats what i was told.

Hope hes ok. hazen was up by 2 TDs before that happened i believe.
Truce
NDPreps Starter

Postby Baller22 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:35 am

VC only scored on 2 big plays though and one decent drive, its not like they dominated, Bottineau definately had their chances but shot themselves in the foot with penalties and Not executing when it counted.
Baller22
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndfootballwrestling » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:53 am

Baller22 wrote:VC only scored on 2 big plays though and one decent drive, its not like they dominated, Bottineau definately had their chances but shot themselves in the foot with penalties and Not executing when it counted.

Bottineau in my mind- had no decent "chance" unless you consider a whiff of the endzone a chance. The defense for VC is just playing good, not excellent but good.
For the Botno team to come away as they did in my eyes was pure luck. Your coach was ticked off at the reffing, but they could have been alot worse. I bet every down they had the ball, Botno held on every play.
Pretty sad when the players have to sit there with arms raised and Botno kids layin on the ground holding for a final call.
Botno has some decent size in the upcoming years and they look like could be some contenders in a year or two. But no matter who you are or how good you are you play ball with that many no call penalties your gonna get caught at one point or another. Just my opinion.

On a side note how is the kid doing that went down? Hopefully nothing serious good luck the rest of the year.
Last edited by ndfootballwrestling on Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ndfootballwrestling

Postby Truce » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:11 pm

Watfords Cheap hit on Sorenson happend out of Bounds, AFTER the whistle was blown. After that hazen just didnt have a backup QB.

I think hazen was up 34-14 at half... the better team did not win this game.
Truce
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to AA