AA - Week # 5 Schedule (2008)

The teams in Class AA.

Re: AA - Week # 5 Schedule (2008)

Postby GoAus8 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:58 pm

VC may have givin bott. their chances but their defense has been a bend but don't break philosphy. They shut bott. out every time they threatened in Hi-Liner territory
GoAus8
NDPreps Starter

Postby Baller22 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:05 pm

The kid who went down got speared in the back by a VC player, some kids talked to him after the game though and He said he has to wait for X-ray results or whatever tests they did so they aern't sure of the diagnosis he was walking around in alot of pain but im sure he'll be out for a while.

"I bet every down they had the ball, Botno held on every play.
Pretty sad when the players have to sit there with arms raised and Botno kids layin on the ground holding for a final call." Im not sure what you are saying here.
Baller22
NDPreps Reserve

Postby DeuceTrey » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:20 pm

DL 21 Carrington 7
Both defenses played very well, DL just capitalized on mistakes and turnovers, Carrington didn't.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfootballdad » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:09 pm

Carrington at D.L. A very good game,7-7 at the half. Carrington defintly didnt lay down for DL.
ndfootballdad

Postby AAfootballfan » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:22 pm

Truce wrote:Cheap shot on sorensen, Carted off by ambulance.

thats what i was told.

Hope hes ok. hazen was up by 2 TDs before that happened i believe.

I've talked to people from both and towns and they have all said the same thing that it WAS NOT A CHEAP SHOT! Just kids playing hard and unfortunatley the kid got hurt after the whistle. These things happen its football! Hopefully he gets healthy quick so Hazen can be at full strength.
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BisonCardinal » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:28 pm

Very well said DeuceTrey & ndfootballdad,

I thought Carrington played a very good first half to keep it tied at half against the #1 rated team. We both scored on long passes and I think we each had an interception and lost a fumble. I am guessing the total yards for both teams was very close for the first half.

Then Carrington imploded in the third quarter with a hike that went over our punters head and ended up on our 2 yard line. DL scored easily from there. Then on the ensuing kickoff, the DL kicker drilled the ball (don't know if that was intentional or not) into one of our lineman who mishandled it, DL recovered. Not sure if DL scored there, but when we did get the ball back, we lost a bad snap. These three turnovers all seemed to happen within a couple minutes. Not pretty.

Our defense was stout throughout the whole game, had some trouble containing #23 Berg. DL did a good job of containing our offense. Overall, very good game with DL earning the victory by limiting their turnovers and capitalizing on ours.
BisonCardinal
NDPreps Reserve

Postby champ24 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:01 pm

AAfootballfan wrote:

thats what i was told.

I've talked to people from both and towns and they have all said the same thing that it WAS NOT A CHEAP SHOT! Just kids playing hard and unfortunatley the kid got hurt after the whistle. These things happen its football! Hopefully he gets healthy quick so Hazen can be at full strength.

Then please explain why some of the WC players were giving high fives and congratulations to the kid who made the "hit". This was also seen by non biased observers while the WC players were huddled on the field, while the ambulance was already on the scene. And by the way, people from both towns also made comments about the last TD not being a catch, that it in fact bounced up from the ground. But hey, great game anyway and it should never had to come down to that in the first place.
champ24

Postby GoAus8 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:59 am

Baller22 wrote:The kid who went down got speared in the back by a VC player, some kids talked to him after the game though and He said he has to wait for X-ray results or whatever tests they did so they aern't sure of the diagnosis he was walking around in alot of pain but im sure he'll be out for a while.

"I bet every down they had the ball, Botno held on every play.
Pretty sad when the players have to sit there with arms raised and Botno kids layin on the ground holding for a final call." Im not sure what you are saying here.

That was no spear that was a perfectly legal crack block
GoAus8
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDSportsFan » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:19 am

Was there a penalty on the "cheap shot"?
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndbfan » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:24 pm

champ24 wrote:
AAfootballfan wrote:

thats what i was told.

Then please explain why some of the WC players were giving high fives and congratulations to the kid who made the "hit". This was also seen by non biased observers while the WC players were huddled on the field, while the ambulance was already on the scene. And by the way, people from both towns also made comments about the last TD not being a catch, that it in fact bounced up from the ground. But hey, great game anyway and it should never had to come down to that in the first place.

OK, do you honestly think that anyone was high fiving because someone got hurt? They were playing football, it is a rough game.

They were playing hard, the hit came about a foot out of bounds, it was maybe late, but calling it a cheap shot is ridiculous. It is unfortunate that Sorenson got hurt nobody wants to see that, he is a great player.

Another thing, the TD wasn't a catch? What are you talking about? Were you there? Or did you just make that up along with your cheap shot theory? The ball hit him square in the chest and there was no doubt it was a touchdown. You need to check your facts and grow up a little bit.

It's was a rivalry and a great game to watch, good job to both teams.
ndbfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GoAus8 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:34 pm

so who do you think will move to number 2 VC or WC???
GoAus8
NDPreps Starter

Postby SweetSweetKyle777 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:42 pm

I think valley city will move to #2. Ryan cunningham thinks that there is no way WC or Hazen could put up 35 points agaisnt valley city. And judging by past performances I dont think they could either. Its to bad to hear that carrington fell apart in the 3rd quarter. And Devils Lake's Berg is the one you are talking about BisonCardinal?
SweetSweetKyle777

Postby Truce » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:40 pm

ANY HIT that happens OUT OF BOUNDS is a cheap shot. Just try and argue that with me.

I hope Sorensen is ok and meets up with them in the playoffs... ill take vacation from work to go watch hazen stomp on Watford again.

Yes there was a flag on the play, but does that make Sorensen feel any better? i bet not.
Truce
NDPreps Starter

Postby AAfootballfan » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:52 pm

ndbfan wrote:
champ24 wrote:
AAfootballfan wrote:

thats what i was told.

OK, do you honestly think that anyone was high fiving because someone got hurt? They were playing football, it is a rough game.

They were playing hard, the hit came about a foot out of bounds, it was maybe late, but calling it a cheap shot is ridiculous. It is unfortunate that Sorenson got hurt nobody wants to see that, he is a great player.

Another thing, the TD wasn't a catch? What are you talking about? Were you there? Or did you just make that up along with your cheap shot theory? The ball hit him square in the chest and there was no doubt it was a touchdown. You need to check your facts and grow up a little bit.

It's was a rivalry and a great game to watch, good job to both teams.

People like champ24 should not be allowed to post on here when they totally make stuff up just to get attention. The last touchdown scored by WC wasn't even CLOSE to the ground at all, it was clearly a catch...WOW u should not even post anything ever again!
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 54321 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:15 pm

I went to the WC/Hazen game since I live in the area and I have to say, the final touchdown was not close to being incomplete. It was a legitmate touchdown and a great play.

Both teams played a good game, but Hazen outplayed WC by a pretty big margin until Sorensen went out. That killed Hazen's momentum and the fumble shortly afterwards completely swung it the other way. It went from Hazen being 8 yards away from going up 40-21 to WC closing it to 28-34. Nearly all of WC's scores came after being virtually shut down and then breaking one big play. There was one drive where they moved the ball very consistently though. So, aside from 6 or 7 big gains, Hazen controlled the game. Unfortunately for the Bison, control isn't what counts, it's the score. WC delivered big plays when they needed and they won.

Now, for the late hit. I had a very good, clear view since I was at that end of the field. Yes, both teams were playing very hard, but it was further than a foot out of bounds. I understand that hits out of bounds happen accidentally throughout the course of a game, but it was not just at the tail end of the play, the whistle had already been blown and the player led with his helmet straight into Sorensen's back. It was well out of bounds. It was also possible to hear the taunting from some of the WC players on the sideline after the injury occured and the paramedics were attending to Sorensen. I realize that a few players don't represent the entire team and that sometimes trash-talking is a part of the game, but in a situation like that it is not appropriate at all.

I hope Sorensen recovers and is able to play. Hopefully we see these two teams meet once again in the playoffs or state game. It would be a great one to see.
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 151 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:37 pm

What Happened to Sorenson, How is He doing?

Postby Walleye7 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:25 pm

Hey Truce, were you at the game? Because if you were then you would know that it was not a late hit, the two refs standing on the side where it happened didnt call anything and the ref on the other side seen that Sorenson(Hazens best player) was down and decided to throw the flag and call a late hit. I was sitting in the bleachers and the play was directly in front of me and it was not a late hit. Its football so if you can't take the hit then dont play the game. And the catch at the end to win the game, that was the farthest thing from an incomplete pass i've ever seen, the ball hit the kid in the chest and he held on to it to make a great play along with Sanford's nice pass.
Walleye7
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndplayer10 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:50 pm

wow i never saw the game but from what i have read the fans and players need get over it. Serioulsy both sides are gonna see it differently !!! If it was a wc guy that went down we would have the exact opposite on here ppl from hazen would be saying that is was not a cheap shot and ppl from wc would be saying it was!!! this is football people guys get tackled and yes their is cheap shots and people should get flaged but thing is it cannot be changed!!!!
ndplayer10
NDPreps Starter

Postby 54321 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:04 pm

Now I'm not trying to get into an argument, but sometimes things that look one way in real time look completely different on tape. I saw the hit played back from someones camera on a big screen tv and it was definitely late. I'm not saying it was intentionally late, but the player should've had more self control than that. If you watch the tape in slow-motion, you can easily see the first defender knock Sorensen to the ground and when he bounced and rolled on the coaches box line (3 yards out of bounds) the second player hit him in the back, twisting him. It is sick to see his legs facing down and his upper back touching the ground. Again, I'm not saying it was a cheap shot or intentionally late, but it was a ways out of bounds. It happened right at side judge's feet and he immediately dropped the flag. Notice, I said drop because it was a foot from him, and it was the side judge on that sideline, not the ref from the other side of the field. The catch at the end was also a good clean catch.

Sorensen is recovering and should be able to play Friday at Dickinson.
NDPreps Reserve

Postby buzzin7 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:05 pm

Valley City Owns
buzzin7
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ice man » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:31 pm

54321 wrote:Now I'm not trying to get into an argument, but sometimes things that look one way in real time look completely different on tape. I saw the hit played back from someones camera on a big screen tv and it was definitely late. I'm not saying it was intentionally late, but the player should've had more self control than that. If you watch the tape in slow-motion, you can easily see the first defender knock Sorensen to the ground and when he bounced and rolled on the coaches box line (3 yards out of bounds) the second player hit him in the back, twisting him. It is sick to see his legs facing down and his upper back touching the ground. Again, I'm not saying it was a cheap shot or intentionally late, but it was a ways out of bounds. It happened right at side judge's feet and he immediately dropped the flag. Notice, I said drop because it was a foot from him, and it was the side judge on that sideline, not the ref from the other side of the field. The catch at the end was also a good clean catch.

Sorensen is recovering and should be able to play Friday at Dickinson.

Ok 54321 you are wrong again. Why dont you go back and watch the tape again and watch the back judge with the white hat come in and throw the flag about 4 seconds after the play was over. The side judge didnt touch his flag so I dont know where you got that from. I agree it probably was a late hit but it would be rediculous to call it a cheap shot. He was in pursue of the ball it was a couple yards out of bounds. It was just kids playing good hard football and he made the hit a little bit late. He wasnt trying to hurt anyone.
ice man
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Truce » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:41 pm

Walleye7 wrote:Hey Truce, were you at the game? Because if you were then you would know that it was not a late hit, the two refs standing on the side where it happened didnt call anything and the ref on the other side seen that Sorenson(Hazens best player) was down and decided to throw the flag and call a late hit. I was sitting in the bleachers and the play was directly in front of me and it was not a late hit. Its football so if you can't take the hit then dont play the game. And the catch at the end to win the game, that was the farthest thing from an incomplete pass i've ever seen, the ball hit the kid in the chest and he held on to it to make a great play along with Sanford's nice pass.

No I wasnt there, But i have it on Film. Want a copy? Video Dosent lie, the play was blown dead, and the hit happened AFTER the whistle was blown OUT OF BOUNDS, by quite a margin.

If i use your logic, anyone that gets hurt in football cant take a hit, cause to play you have to be able too right?

This injury should never have happend, Watford Should consider htis win a GIFT. they were getting rocked from the start of the game, and the only reason they won is due to the loss of a player. The feeling a team gets after aloss like that, changes the tides in games.

I hope Sorensen is OK and these 2 teams can meet again somewhere down the road, so hazen can play a little Payback.
Truce
NDPreps Starter

Postby ice man » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:30 pm

Truce wrote:
Walleye7 wrote:Hey Truce, were you at the game? Because if you were then you would know that it was not a late hit, the two refs standing on the side where it happened didnt call anything and the ref on the other side seen that Sorenson(Hazens best player) was down and decided to throw the flag and call a late hit. I was sitting in the bleachers and the play was directly in front of me and it was not a late hit. Its football so if you can't take the hit then dont play the game. And the catch at the end to win the game, that was the farthest thing from an incomplete pass i've ever seen, the ball hit the kid in the chest and he held on to it to make a great play along with Sanford's nice pass.

No I wasnt there, But i have it on Film. Want a copy? Video Dosent lie, the play was blown dead, and the hit happened AFTER the whistle was blown OUT OF BOUNDS, by quite a margin.

If i use your logic, anyone that gets hurt in football cant take a hit, cause to play you have to be able too right?

This injury should never have happend, Watford Should consider htis win a GIFT. they were getting rocked from the start of the game, and the only reason they won is due to the loss of a player. The feeling a team gets after aloss like that, changes the tides in games.

I hope Sorensen is OK and these 2 teams can meet again somewhere down the road, so hazen can play a little Payback.

Truce you are pretty rediculous! First of all it WAS NOT a cheap shot. Not even close. Second of all how can you say the win was a gift? Watford was down by 6 points when Sorenson got hurt and they had been rolling over Hazen the whole second half. And by the way last time I checked football is a team sport, it isnt just a one person game. If Hazen was the better team they couldve overcome the loss of one player and stil won. Watford City was the better team because in the end they came out victorious end of story. I hope to see a rematch of WC and Hazen and maybe you will open your eyes a little bit TRUCE
ice man
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Walleye7 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:14 pm

ice man wrote:
Truce wrote:

Truce you are pretty rediculous! First of all it WAS NOT a cheap shot. Not even close. Second of all how can you say the win was a gift? Watford was down by 6 points when Sorenson got hurt and they had been rolling over Hazen the whole second half. And by the way last time I checked football is a team sport, it isnt just a one person game. If Hazen was the better team they couldve overcome the loss of one player and stil won. Watford City was the better team because in the end they came out victorious end of story. I hope to see a rematch of WC and Hazen and maybe you will open your eyes a little bit TRUCE

I agree with Iceman, this was not a gift for Watford City, but Watford City does have 1 gift and that is a kicker who doesnt miss unlike Hazen's who just couldnt quite pull it off which in the end costed them the game. If ur sayin that Hazen is gonna roll over Watford City next time, well then i think that Hazen better have more than one Sorenson cuz it's pretty much a one man team, idk but i guess i thought that a team meant there were more than just one person but idk i could be wrong. Haha
Walleye7
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:34 pm

Walleye7 wrote:
ice man wrote:
Truce wrote:

I agree with Iceman, this was not a gift for Watford City, but Watford City does have 1 gift and that is a kicker who doesnt miss unlike Hazen's who just couldnt quite pull it off which in the end costed them the game. If ur sayin that Hazen is gonna roll over Watford City next time, well then i think that Hazen better have more than one Sorenson cuz it's pretty much a one man team, idk but i guess i thought that a team meant there were more than just one person but idk i could be wrong. Haha

A quarterback is big part of team i belive on change like that can take a team down Agree??
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to AA