Early picks for Poll??

The teams in Class AA.

Re: Early picks for Poll??

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:24 pm

stoaxc2004 wrote:
GRIDIRON GURU wrote:
champ24 wrote:Too bad Coach Bakken took a coaching job at Concordia

I did not know that, who is the new head coach?

The new head coach at Oak Grove is Terry Haus.

Good Coach or what
Carrington got new head coach Marty Hochhalter
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby stoaxc2004 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:44 pm

ndsportsfan14 wrote:
stoaxc2004 wrote:
GRIDIRON GURU wrote:
champ24 wrote:Too bad Coach Bakken took a coaching job at Concordia

I did not know that, who is the new head coach?

The new head coach at Oak Grove is Terry Haus.

Good Coach or what
Carrington got new head coach Marty Hochhalter

Article from the Oak Grove school website:

Welcome to Grover Football!

Oak Grove Lutheran School announces the appointment of Terry Haus as head football coach for the Oak Grove-Park Christian team. Coach Haus started his coaching career at Oak Grove in 1996 as an assistant football coach, assistant boys’ basketball coach, and head boys’ track coach, before moving on to coach basketball, softball and football at Battle Lake, Minn. He served as head boys’ basketball coach at Battle Lake from 1997-2000 and three years as an assistant football coach, two years as the offensive coordinator. He helped lead the Bulldog football team to two conference titles. Terry currently serves as Oak Grove’s director of admissions.

“I am excited to be a part of a football program that has experienced great success. It will be a privilege to work with the fine young men of Oak Grove and Park Christian, as well as the talented football coaching staff,” says Coach Terry Haus. “I look forward to building upon the winning program Coach Bakken has established.”

“Terry’s previous experience as a varsity coach in Battle Lake, as well as his passion for quality athletic programming within a Christian educational setting, set him apart from our other finalists,” says President Bruce Messelt. “Under his guidance, we are confident of continuing Oak Grove’s strong and successful football tradition.”
stoaxc2004

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:21 am

Is the Wing T gone at Oak Grove? What type of offense is he bringing in?
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby stoaxc2004 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:15 am

I'm pretty sure the Wing T is there to stay...but there may be some new things added into the offense!
stoaxc2004

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:21 pm

How you think Carrington will look this year after the years of slump with the New Coach Marty Hochhalter?
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby Dareybuck » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:46 pm

Terry Haus was a coach at battle lake before leaving for Oak Grove.
a great player can win a game but a TEAM can win EVERY game.
Dareybuck
NDPreps Starter

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:30 am

ndsportsfan14 wrote:How you think Carrington will look this year after the years of slump with the New Coach Marty Hochhalter?

Marty, is the new old coach, Marty had a lot of success in the past with great talent. How is Marty with getting kids in the weight room? How is Marty with team camps and off season conditioning?

Marty has some rebuilding to do who does he have for a coaching staff?
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:46 pm

GRIDIRON GURU wrote:
ndsportsfan14 wrote:How you think Carrington will look this year after the years of slump with the New Coach Marty Hochhalter?

Marty, is the new old coach, Marty had a lot of success in the past with great talent. How is Marty with getting kids in the weight room? How is Marty with team camps and off season conditioning?

Marty has some rebuilding to do who does he have for a coaching staff?

I think alot of there boys do lift ino they have a few big boys. They had a pretty good football camp this summer had alot of good coaches around the state including Jimmy Kliensasser an Zach Harrington , An of course he cant make a kid lift or condition thats all pride in there team up to the kids to do that but im sure he will get them into good shape when starts they have about 12 freshman 15 sophormores, 20 juniors,10 seniors rough estiment but hope he turns the program around he is really good coach knows the game of football, coaching staff Pat Beohmer,Wayne Shipman,Dan Wold, dont know who there new assistant will be? but should be an exciting 2008 football season!
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby dukefan32 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:51 pm

1. Trinty- returns alot from last year.
2. Grafton- don't know much about them, but from what is said on here, they sound like they should be pretty good though.
3. Oak Grove- same as above.
4. Hazen- they will have some speed with little Sorenson and good hands with Marshall.
5. Beulah/Devils Lake- I know Beulah was young, but i don't know much about Devils Lake.
dukefan32
NDPreps Starter

Postby stoaxc2004 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:26 am

My Top 5
1. Trinity
2. Devils Lake
3. Hazen
4. Grafton
5t. Beulah
5t. Oak Grove
stoaxc2004

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:17 pm

stoaxc2004 wrote:My Top 5
1. Trinity
2. Devils Lake
3. Hazen
4. Grafton
5t. Beulah
5t. Oak Grove

you really think Hazen will be that high?
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby champ24 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:13 am

ndsportsfan14 wrote:
1. Trinity
2. Devils Lake
3. Hazen
4. Grafton
5t. Beulah
5t. Oak Grove

Why wouldn't they be? Tbey will gain more speed and a better arm at QB. They return two first team all staters in Marshall and Luke Knott from a team that has made the state semi-finals three years in a row. They will have a battle with Trinity in the west, and DL and Grafton will be tough out East. One team that isn't getting any pub is Rugby. Coach Grochow always seems to get his teams ready to go. Unfortunately ndsportsfan14, you'll get to find out first hand just how good they are going to be on Aug 29th.
champ24

Postby stoaxc2004 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:30 am

champ24 wrote:
ndsportsfan14 wrote:
1. Trinity
2. Devils Lake
3. Hazen
4. Grafton
5t. Beulah
5t. Oak Grove

Why wouldn't they be? Tbey will gain more speed and a better arm at QB. They return two first team all staters in Marshall and Luke Knott from a team that has made the state semi-finals three years in a row. They will have a battle with Trinity in the west, and DL and Grafton will be tough out East. One team that isn't getting any pub is Rugby. Coach Grochow always seems to get his teams ready to go. Unfortunately ndsportsfan14, you'll get to find out first hand just how good they are going to be on Aug 29th.

Hazen is always good...and in all reality it will be a 2-team race between Dickinson Trinity and Devils Lake!
stoaxc2004

Postby ndfootball06 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:41 am

In all reality Grafton dominated Devil's Lake in every aspect last year. Look at the stats from that game and it seems almost impossible for DL to have won. There was a huge fumble call that was questionable to say the least and Burdick had a huge interception that game and well Burdick's gone and so is DL's top two RB's, number one WR, and starting QB. So when you say there are really only two teams it makes me wonder how little you know about football. Grafton's usually more of an air it out team but they ran all over DL. Oh and look at that Grafton returns their front five and their entire backfield, so they'll run all over DL again this year. The one question mark for Grafton is at the QB position. If Demers comes back they will still be able to throw the ball, but if he doesn't I'd expect Grafton to run a lot behind the two Martinez's and the two White's.
ndfootball06
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:13 pm

champ24 wrote:
ndsportsfan14 wrote:
1. Trinity
2. Devils Lake
3. Hazen
4. Grafton
5t. Beulah
5t. Oak Grove

Whats Aug 29th??
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby champ24 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:19 pm

ndsportsfan14 wrote:
champ24 wrote:
ndsportsfan14 wrote:
1. Trinity
2. Devils Lake
3. Hazen
4. Grafton
5t. Beulah
5t. Oak Grove

RIGHT. I'm sure you have your schedule

Whats Aug 29th??
champ24

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:10 am

champ24 wrote:
ndsportsfan14 wrote:
champ24 wrote:
ndsportsfan14 wrote:
1. Trinity
2. Devils Lake
3. Hazen
4. Grafton
5t. Beulah
5t. Oak Grove

Whats Aug 29th??

Take it your from Hazen?
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby cutter90 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:25 am

I dont think the Carrington verse Hazen game will be too bad.
cutter90
NDPreps Starter

Postby HeHateMe » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:35 am

ndfootball06 wrote:In all reality Grafton dominated Devil's Lake in every aspect last year. Look at the stats from that game and it seems almost impossible for DL to have won. There was a huge fumble call that was questionable to say the least and Burdick had a huge interception that game and well Burdick's gone and so is DL's top two RB's, number one WR, and starting QB. So when you say there are really only two teams it makes me wonder how little you know about football. Grafton's usually more of an air it out team but they ran all over DL. Oh and look at that Grafton returns their front five and their entire backfield, so they'll run all over DL again this year. The one question mark for Grafton is at the QB position. If Demers comes back they will still be able to throw the ball, but if he doesn't I'd expect Grafton to run a lot behind the two Martinez's and the two White's.

The beautiful thing about football is that stats don't mean squat week to week or game to game. In the long run it comes down to who makes the big plays, who stops the big plays, and who ends up with the W in the end. And I do believe Devils Lake won the game.Grafton didnt run all over them, nor did they make the big plays when they needed to. Hince the stand on the goal line at the end of the game. Big teams make BIG PLAYS in BIG TIMES.
HeHateMe
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:05 pm

HeHateMe wrote:
ndfootball06 wrote:In all reality Grafton dominated Devil's Lake in every aspect last year. Look at the stats from that game and it seems almost impossible for DL to have won. There was a huge fumble call that was questionable to say the least and Burdick had a huge interception that game and well Burdick's gone and so is DL's top two RB's, number one WR, and starting QB. So when you say there are really only two teams it makes me wonder how little you know about football. Grafton's usually more of an air it out team but they ran all over DL. Oh and look at that Grafton returns their front five and their entire backfield, so they'll run all over DL again this year. The one question mark for Grafton is at the QB position. If Demers comes back they will still be able to throw the ball, but if he doesn't I'd expect Grafton to run a lot behind the two Martinez's and the two White's.

The beautiful thing about football is that stats don't mean squat week to week or game to game. In the long run it comes down to who makes the big plays, who stops the big plays, and who ends up with the W in the end. And I do believe Devils Lake won the game.Grafton didnt run all over them, nor did they make the big plays when they needed to. Hince the stand on the goal line at the end of the game. Big teams make BIG PLAYS in BIG TIMES.

I Like that!!!
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:09 pm

champ24 wrote:
ndsportsfan14 wrote:
champ24 wrote:
ndsportsfan14 wrote:
1. Trinity
2. Devils Lake
3. Hazen
4. Grafton
5t. Beulah
5t. Oak Grove

Whats Aug 29th??

Champ24 i wasnt downing Hazen i just thought they lost lot key players new they had marshall back an lil sorenson but wasnt doubting them one bit they always have a good football program i just didnt think they would be that high mabey they will be good i have no idea 09 season right around corner everyone will find out what team is the one to beat! you could be right hazen will be one no ones knows should be fun to watch! but if your from hazen good luck to you an your boys i think the Valley should be better then what people think! beulah should have good year to idk i just cant wait to see
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby dukefan32 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:21 pm

champ24 wrote:
ndsportsfan14 wrote:
1. Trinity
2. Devils Lake
3. Hazen
4. Grafton
5t. Beulah
5t. Oak Grove

Rugby will be decent but how good can they be without Zwingel and Duchscher??
dukefan32
NDPreps Starter

Postby sweeper » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:45 pm

ndsportsfan14 wrote:
HeHateMe wrote:

I Like that!!!

Im pretty sure that DL did not lose their QB. He was a junior last season. They did lose two running backs that were good but also have two returning that played a lot last year Wahl and Klitnecht. As for receivers that is questionalble. The only returning starter is Desia who did not get thrown to much last year. But DL is returning three of their front five on the line.
sweeper
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cutter90 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:56 am

sweeper wrote:
ndsportsfan14 wrote:
HeHateMe wrote:

I Like that!!!

Im pretty sure that DL did not lose their QB. He was a junior last season. They did lose two running backs that were good but also have two returning that played a lot last year Wahl and Klitnecht. As for receivers that is questionalble. The only returning starter is Desia who did not get thrown to much last year. But DL is returning three of their front five on the line.

Yeah they might be returning 3 of them but didnt they lose there 2 best linemen on a line that wasnt all that strong last year the way it was. I dont know who they have coming up that could fill those spots but i dont see there line being all that great this year.
cutter90
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:07 pm

cutter90 wrote:
sweeper wrote:
ndsportsfan14 wrote:
HeHateMe wrote:

I Like that!!!

Yeah they might be returning 3 of them but didnt they lose there 2 best linemen on a line that wasnt all that strong last year the way it was. I dont know who they have coming up that could fill those spots but i dont see there line being all that great this year.

There line couldnt have been to bad they were one best teams in the state so you tell me if they were good or not??
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to AA