There's always next year...

The teams in Class AA.

Postby Wombat » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:49 am

ND Fan, How can you say that some of the class "B" towns can't compete with the big schools on a year in year out basis? Look at the past State Champions in the past 5-8 years in the smaller schools. Cavalier, Velva Garrison, Dickinson Trinity, Stanley. Cavalier has been in the past 4 state title games and has not missed the play-offs since 1990. Velva and trinity have been in how many state title games in a row? how many years does Lisbon, Harvey, Stanley, or Rugby make deep playoff runs? it happens Just about EVERY YEAR. its not like the same AAA schools are winning it every year.

I would almost go out on a limb and say that its TOUGHER for AAA to come in and compete every year. I am not saying that the class A state champ would beat the AAA state champ every year but I do think in some cases they would and that A and AA teams have more consistant success than the big schools.
Mitch Greenwood

Some people say I don't have a life. They are wrong. Sports are my life!!!
Wombat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ming01 » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:14 am

AA and A teams have more consistent success than most big schools because of the lack of competition and talent. 
Last edited by Ming01 on Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:28 pm

[user=17]Wombat[/user] wrote:
ND Fan, How can you say that some of the class "B" towns can't compete with the big schools on a year in year out basis? Look at the past State Champions in the past 5-8 years in the smaller schools. Cavalier, Velva Garrison, Dickinson Trinity, Stanley. Cavalier has been in the past 4 state title games and has not missed the play-offs since 1990. Velva and trinity have been in how many state title games in a row? how many years does Lisbon, Harvey, Stanley, or Rugby make deep playoff runs? it happens Just about EVERY YEAR. its not like the same AAA schools are winning it every year.

I would almost go out on a limb and say that its TOUGHER for AAA to come in and compete every year. I am not saying that the class A state champ would beat the AAA state champ every year but I do think in some cases they would and that A and AA teams have more consistant success than the big schools.

Sorry Mitch I wasn't specific on the year to year basis thing. What I was trying to say is Cavalier those first couple state championship teams could play with any team in the state, but Cavalier year in and year out cannot compete with the AAA teams. Same with Velva, Trinity, Stanley, Carrington, Lisbon, Rugby, Minot Ryan and so on. Every year a couple of those teams possibly could compete with AAA teams but they couldn't do it on a year to year basis. Like i've said before all take those trinity teams of 2000-01 against any team in the state that year.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby TNT » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:42 pm

I know alot of the Class A&AA teams go to football team camps and play with the AAA teams, I think some of the top A teams could give AAA teams a good game but not every year.  A teams beat AA teams all the time but would be a bigger jump to AAA, would be interesting to watch because i feel the gap is not that big. 
TNT
NDPreps Starter

Postby #50mandan » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:20 pm

i think that AAA football is the most fast paced division there is in north dakota and it is more entertaining to watch.  It will be especially interesting next year in the west with every team having a decent chance to do very well.
ill do it
#50mandan
NDPreps Starter

Postby under armour » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:15 pm

TNT wrote:Minot Ryan has the enrollment to drop down to play class A but they are scared to play Stanley or Velva.  Class A is better than Class AA Cavalier (not the best team they had over the last few years) was crushed by a Velva team.  I'm not 100% sure but Killdeer gives Dickinson Trinity a good game every year and they are not one of the top Class A schools.  Velva has dominated Ryan for the last 7 years.  Stanley also dominatd DLB class AA till last year.  Harvey vs Carrington not up on that game so much so i have no idea.  Harvey vs Rugby again not so sure on all the outcomes. 

First of all, Ryan and DLB are 2 of the worst teams in AA football so how can you say that you are better then AA when you play competition like that. Yes Velva is a very good team don't get me wrong, but I honestly don't think they would have won even 1 state championship in AA.  I mean you had the Watford era, then the Trinity era, then the Cavalier era, and now it is up for grabs. This year would have been the only year they would have a chance and I still think Trinity would have came out victorious, it would have been a heck of a game though. Also Killdeer has never really gave Trinity a run for their money for a full game. The game used to always be the 2nd game of the year and both teams are still a little rusty and Killdeer might have put in a very little scare for a minute or two, but as soon as halftime would be over and the Titan players got the lecture and pulled their heads out of their a** they came to play and never let it become a competition. Once again this is not a slam to Velva, they got a great program their and a very good team but AA has had some great teams along the way too.
under armour
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to AA