Class AA Championship Game - Saturday, November 10th

The teams in Class AA.

Class AA Championship Game - Saturday, November 10th

Postby ND Football Guy » Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:51 pm

(Class AA Championship Game)

PPG = Average Points Per Game; PPGA = Average Points Per Game Against

Saturday, November 10th - 5:00 PM
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

East # 1 - Fargo Oak Grove Grovers (10-1), PPG - 25.1, PPGA - 7.5

East # 2 - Devils Lake Firebirds (10-1), PPG - 32.7, PPGA - 9.3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ND Football Guy
NDPreps All-State

Re: Class AA Championship Game - Saturday, November 10th

Postby bottomlesspit » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:11 am

i think DL will come out on top 42-7. to me it seems that while every team in the state got better as the year went on oak grove stayed the same and i think it will show in the championships. oak grove played the best teams in the division right away and had 3 of the teams that wernt so good in the division as the last games before playoffs so they really didnt have to make a big improvment to win games. and it has shown already in the playoffs beating trinity 14-7 and hazen 21-18. whereas DL had valley rugby and grafton and had to get better if they wanted to get a better seat in the playoffs. DL getting better has shown with wins in the playoffs against watford city 33-13 without byram (running back) and friedig (left guard), then getting both back and beating ryan 38-20.
bottomlesspit

Postby Johhnyping » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:55 am

bottomlesspit wrote:i think DL will come out on top 42-7. to me it seems that while every team in the state got better as the year went on oak grove stayed the same and i think it will show in the championships. oak grove played the best teams in the division right away and had 3 of the teams that wernt so good in the division as the last games before playoffs so they really didnt have to make a big improvment to win games. and it has shown already in the playoffs beating trinity 14-7 and hazen 21-18. whereas DL had valley rugby and grafton and had to get better if they wanted to get a better seat in the playoffs. DL getting better has shown with wins in the playoffs against watford city 33-13 without byram (running back) and friedig (left guard), then getting both back and beating ryan 38-20.

Brilliant logic!
Johhnyping
NDPreps Starter

Postby Dareybuck » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:49 pm

Hmm last time i checked it has nothing to do with stats of previous wins. cause both teams are here for one reason and that is because both squads wanted it more than Hazen and Minot Ryan. records mean nothing once you actually step onto the field and show how much you wanna be the best. the thing is, is that during the game you dont really remember how much they beat who or what their points per game is.
a great player can win a game but a TEAM can win EVERY game.
Dareybuck
NDPreps Starter

Postby burtonman09 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:51 pm

ya all those facts, and all that stuff arent going to mean anything!!!! it's all going to come down to who wants it more, and who comes out and shows it.
burtonman09
NDPreps Reserve

Postby mc696 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:36 am

Championship games are rough especially on teams that havent been there before it will really come back to who calms down and plays in way that puts the team in a good situation. For both these teams its been a while since even had success in football playoffs but in other sports they have had some experience. Coaching will matter a lot early throw in they have played one other time this year I think special teams early may make the difference.

The other thing that seems to happen in the dome is its a new environment for most teams not class AAA who rarely play a game on turf, let alone indoors. Im honestly not sure which team has more speed but I would guess Devils lake and that may really show indoors.
mc696

Postby Johhnyping » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:51 am

This will be a close game. Both teams have excellent senior leadership. Devils Lake will be hungry as they want to avenge their only loss of the year. The team that establishes its run game and does not turn it over will win the game.
Johhnyping
NDPreps Starter

Postby 666 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:10 am

personally i think that DL has a huge advantage not being such an unbalanced team where they can pass and run the ball even tho they are a proven run team i would look for dl to pass more this game than others

Return to AA