Championship

The teams in Class AA.

Re: Championship

Postby Splitend08 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:28 pm

ndfan wrote:
Dlineman08 wrote:oak grove played shanley and beat them by a pretty large margin if that means anything cuz they're AAA, there not that great but they are AAA. I bet if Oak Grove or Minot played in AAA they would beat some pretty good teams. So nobody can say that AA was bad this year.

What week did Oak Grove beat Shanley??? I see that they beat Souths JV teams. Also guys coming on here and saying the 2nd best team in the state not cool and only beating them 28-0 tells me AA wasn't very strong this year. If ya took the last ten state champions in AA and ranked them Oak Grove probably would be 9th or 10th. But again Congrats to Oak Grove they were the best team in Class AA this year no doubt.

Its just my opinion to guys so don't get all bent out of shape about it.

it was a preseason scrimmage. they scored a 80 yrd. run on the second play. and it was a harder game then the score showed. 28-0 but DL in the first quarter put up a fight. OG just found the groove and hit it with all they had. and in the third quarter DL just died on themselves. and u cant say they were nervous. it was OG's first ship game in 25 years and that team wanted to prove that they had the stuff to start the count over and they did. so AA was better then u think. there were plenty of good games through out the season. so dont look down on them. and the 9th or 10th thing 28-0 is a good score. it means OG had the offensive power to get the TD's and the defense had the power to give the shut out. and look at the support they had too. their whole side was full almost.
Splitend08

Postby rature68 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:58 pm

Splitend08 wrote:
ndfan wrote:
Dlineman08 wrote:oak grove played shanley and beat them by a pretty large margin if that means anything cuz they're AAA, there not that great but they are AAA. I bet if Oak Grove or Minot played in AAA they would beat some pretty good teams. So nobody can say that AA was bad this year.

What week did Oak Grove beat Shanley??? I see that they beat Souths JV teams. Also guys coming on here and saying the 2nd best team in the state not cool and only beating them 28-0 tells me AA wasn't very strong this year. If ya took the last ten state champions in AA and ranked them Oak Grove probably would be 9th or 10th. But again Congrats to Oak Grove they were the best team in Class AA this year no doubt.

Its just my opinion to guys so don't get all bent out of shape about it.

it was a preseason scrimmage. they scored a 80 yrd. run on the second play. and it was a harder game then the score showed. 28-0 but DL in the first quarter put up a fight. OG just found the groove and hit it with all they had. and in the third quarter DL just died on themselves. and u cant say they were nervous. it was OG's first ship game in 25 years and that team wanted to prove that they had the stuff to start the count over and they did. so AA was better then u think. there were plenty of good games through out the season. so dont look down on them. and the 9th or 10th thing 28-0 is a good score. it means OG had the offensive power to get the TD's and the defense had the power to give the shut out. and look at the support they had too. their whole side was full almost.

Not to mention the last time they won a championship it was in 1982 AND it was class B football. That was the three division football, or whatever its called.

One other thing oak grove moved up from 1A football 4 years ago i think, so they have to be given credit on how far they have come since then.
rature68

Postby Splitend08 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:27 pm

it was 1982 and class b. and they have faced Trinity every year for the last 3 since they moved up and beat them along with Hazen who almost beat Ryan. so give then credit. they pulled off a awsome season
Splitend08

Postby Splitend08 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:00 pm

i forgot. everyone knows they saying its hard to be a team twice. OG did that. no only beat but shut out twice. so that is special and takes talent. stop hatin on them like alot of people are right now. most say grads and not takin away from them but yet u contredict urself lines or posts after. OG was the best team and hey DL just got beat by a better team.
Splitend08

Postby mags » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:30 pm

Splitend08 wrote:it was 1982 and class b. and they have faced Trinity every year for the last 3 since they moved up and beat them along with Hazen who almost beat Ryan. so give then credit. they pulled off a awsome season

how did hazen almost beat ryan? it was 22-0 yes 0. i dont think AA was down this year there was way more good teams then there usually is... the championship team might not have been as good as always but hey i dont know how well many of the old championship team would handle the oak grove d-line. also if ryan beats DL and if the championship was then a close game noone would even think to say AA was down this year
mags
NDPreps Starter

Postby Dlineman08 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:42 am

mags wrote:
Splitend08 wrote:it was 1982 and class b. and they have faced Trinity every year for the last 3 since they moved up and beat them along with Hazen who almost beat Ryan. so give then credit. they pulled off a awsome season

how did hazen almost beat ryan? it was 22-0 yes 0. i dont think AA was down this year there was way more good teams then there usually is... the championship team might not have been as good as always but hey i dont know how well many of the old championship team would handle the oak grove d-line. also if ryan beats DL and if the championship was then a close game noone would even think to say AA was down this year

Hey im glad Oak Grove is getting some respect now and i agree with everything said here. Thanks
Dlineman08

Postby Splitend08 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:02 am

ya it was a good year. and i sorry i was thinkin of a diferent ryan game my bad
Splitend08

Postby Indians Alumni » Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:25 am

Congrats DL on coming up short with a class b schedule! What next DL, 9-man runner up?
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Splitend08 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:46 am

Indians Alumni wrote:Congrats DL on coming up short with a class b schedule! What next DL, 9-man runner up?

That is a little harsh. they did put up a good fight in the game but just gave up after half way in the third. give them a break.
Splitend08

Postby NDSportsFan » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:59 pm

DL had a talented team and had a great season, hopefully they are proud of their team. It seems they are losing some talent, maybe people will stop trash talking them about moving down if they finish 4-4 next year or so. They probably still had less people out for football than any other AA school in the state.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby burtonman09 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:04 pm

i dont want to dog on DL, but buddy i am pretty sure Dl had almost twice as many kids out for the football team than most of the other school did.
burtonman09
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDSportsFan » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:41 pm

burtonman09 wrote:i dont want to dog on DL, but buddy i am pretty sure Dl had almost twice as many kids out for the football team than most of the other school did.

"49 guys went out soph - senior for DL" - This was stated in another topic. So you are saying that Harvey, Lisbon, Watford City, et. had about 25 kids out for football then, or are you just guessing?
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby PigskinQuad » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:45 pm

Dlineman08 wrote:
mags wrote:

Hey im glad Oak Grove is getting some respect now and i agree with everything said here. Thanks

Are you serious? No one is giving respect to DL...they beat every team they played except Oak Grove that deserves respect but everyone is giving all the respect to Oak Grove right now which im not saying is a bad thing they get respect cuz they did win in the ship against a tough team but proved that they were tougher so i think it's only right that both teams get the respect they deserve
PigskinQuad
NDPreps Reserve

Postby burtonman09 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:32 pm

NDSportsFan wrote:
burtonman09 wrote:i dont want to dog on DL, but buddy i am pretty sure Dl had almost twice as many kids out for the football team than most of the other school did.

"49 guys went out soph - senior for DL" - This was stated in another topic. So you are saying that Harvey, Lisbon, Watford City, et. had about 25 kids out for football then, or are you just guessing?

ok buddy just to prove you wrong, Dl had 49 soph - senior, well oak grove had 40 fresh-senior. so everyone can stop talking about how dl didnt have very many kids out for the team, when the state champs had less than them!!!
burtonman09
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Splitend08 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:54 pm

burtonman09 wrote:
NDSportsFan wrote:

ok buddy just to prove you wrong, Dl had 49 soph - senior, well oak grove had 40 fresh-senior. so everyone can stop talking about how dl didnt have very many kids out for the team, when the state champs had less than them!!!

fyi Harvey and Lisbon are not AA. Lisbon is A which equals small school and Harvey is nine man which equal way smaller school. and OG is the smallest AA school
Splitend08

Postby ndfan » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:24 pm

Splitend08 wrote:
burtonman09 wrote:
NDSportsFan wrote:

fyi Harvey and Lisbon are not AA. Lisbon is A which equals small school and Harvey is nine man which equal way smaller school. and OG is the smallest AA school

LOL!! I think you need to get your information straight, Harvey is not nine man they are class A they played Lisbon in the state championship game.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDSportsFan » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:31 pm

It really doesn't matter, who is what.

The point of the conversation is that everyone is mad at DL because they have this huge school competing in AA, but they had 49 kids out for football. That still is not a large number, I remember playing against Velva and Stanley when they had about 80 kids out. The point is that DL still had a pretty good team and people need to give them credit for the good season. Ok buddy?
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby EDC » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:19 pm

The point is not how many you have out for a sport but what is the size of the pool to draw from. DL (and let's not let Valley City off the hook) have enough to draw from to have a chance. Always will be the underdog in AAA because that is just the way it is. Can't blame some schools of getting tired of the uphill battle. DL fans are just getting a taste of what the South's and WF's go through when they are expected to win every year because of the advantages of being bigger and having more resources.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Splitend08 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:30 am

EDC wrote:The point is not how many you have out for a sport but what is the size of the pool to draw from. DL (and let's not let Valley City off the hook) have enough to draw from to have a chance. Always will be the underdog in AAA because that is just the way it is. Can't blame some schools of getting tired of the uphill battle. DL fans are just getting a taste of what the South's and WF's go through when they are expected to win every year because of the advantages of being bigger and having more resources.

sorry bout the hravey thing i was just mad that u try to compare schools from different classes. they are smaller for a reason but valley is the same way as DL i agree totally. and DL had a good season. but people need to give DL a break. but vc not sure but they are bigger i think. so if ur goin to say they are like that then u need to say that bout VC too.
Splitend08

Postby Splitend08 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:58 pm

but soon the class system will under go large renovation since south is splittin into two schools soon. so none of this will will matter within 5 years i think
Splitend08

Postby Indians Alumni » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:40 pm

I played football for DL through a Co-op agreement, and we didn't whine about compentition, if we wanted to win, we just got better, we spent time in the weightroom and at football camps, we didn't have to drop down a class! We sucked it up!
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby burtonman09 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:41 pm

NDSportsFan wrote:It really doesn't matter, who is what.

The point of the conversation is that everyone is mad at DL because they have this huge school competing in AA, but they had 49 kids out for football. That still is not a large number, I remember playing against Velva and Stanley when they had about 80 kids out. The point is that DL still had a pretty good team and people need to give them credit for the good season. Ok buddy?

ok. Buddy. ummm ya im just sayin the whole point of this conversation is to point out that some people need to get over the fact that we need to feel sorry for Dl when, actually we dont. They LOST! good season but just didnt finish. ok buddy?
burtonman09
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball4life » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:43 pm

Indians Alumni wrote:I played football for DL through a Co-op agreement, and we didn't whine about compentition, if we wanted to win, we just got better, we spent time in the weightroom and at football camps, we didn't have to drop down a class! We sucked it up!

Why didn't they do that this year then?
baseball4life
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Indians Alumni » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:42 am

You are obviously not reading or you are reading at a 3rd grade level. My point is that DL should not have dropped down to AA! NO where in any of my statements, have I said anything about feeling sorry for DL!

For your question on why they didn't do it this year! What you asking? Do what this year?
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball4life » Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:36 pm

Indians Alumni wrote:You are obviously not reading or you are reading at a 3rd grade level. My point is that DL should not have dropped down to AA! NO where in any of my statements, have I said anything about feeling sorry for DL!

For your question on why they didn't do it this year! What you asking? Do what this year?

sorry it was a misunderstanding. i was asking why didnt they just struggle it up this year. i think it is rediculous that they moved down, because they move Belcourt up who doesnt belong at the AAA level.
baseball4life
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to AA