Championship

The teams in Class AA.

Re: Championship

Postby dukebbfan12 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:20 am

Dlineman08 wrote:
click clack moo wrote:not taking anything away from oak grove (and congrats oak grove) but devils lake did not come to play like they did for other game this season

your garbage Grove Played their hearts out. They earned the dang win, Devils lake was playing very well OG was just better. Im insulted.

AGREED!!!!!!! oak grove played very very well and earned this win! even if DL would have """played like they could"""" oak grove would have won would they just wanted it more. They shut out DL for 8 quarters
dukebbfan12

Postby burtonman09 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:30 am

i dont care what anyone says about that game, Oak grove absolutely dominated every aspect of the game. there is no way dl can make any excuse about that game, because they got absolutely WORKED!!!!!
burtonman09
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Dareybuck » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:42 am

Talking trash and making preditctons about a game, that one team should back it up. and those signs just fueled the fire for OG to whip DL. 8 quarters equals 31-0
a great player can win a game but a TEAM can win EVERY game.
Dareybuck
NDPreps Starter

Postby burtonman09 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:08 pm

i was at the game, and as i was waiting to get in, i noticed some of the DL fans wearing t-shirts that said that they were the 2007 aa east region champs. but as i recall Oak grove was actually the number 1 seed, and devils lake was the 2 seed. so all you devils lake fans sould burn those t-shirts because they were incorrect.
burtonman09
NDPreps Reserve

Postby rature68 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:17 pm

burtonman09 wrote:i was at the game, and as i was waiting to get in, i noticed some of the DL fans wearing t-shirts that said that they were the 2007 aa east region champs. but as i recall Oak grove was actually the number 1 seed, and devils lake was the 2 seed. so all you devils lake fans sould burn those t-shirts because they were incorrect.

your right, oak grove won the east region title don't know what that was about
rature68

Postby ndfan » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:31 pm

rature68 wrote:
burtonman09 wrote:i was at the game, and as i was waiting to get in, i noticed some of the DL fans wearing t-shirts that said that they were the 2007 aa east region champs. but as i recall Oak grove was actually the number 1 seed, and devils lake was the 2 seed. so all you devils lake fans sould burn those t-shirts because they were incorrect.

No both won the east region title... Both had one loss.... Oak Grove lost to Rugby and DL beat Rugby... Oak Grove got the #1 seed based on beating DL. But both were region champs.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Dlineman08 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:50 pm

ndfan wrote:
rature68 wrote:

No both won the east region title... Both had one loss.... Oak Grove lost to Rugby and DL beat Rugby... Oak Grove got the #1 seed based on beating DL. But both were region champs.

Ok buddy your obviously from Devils Lake, got anymore excuses?
Dlineman08

Postby rature68 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:41 pm

ndfan wrote:
rature68 wrote:

uh huh...sure...every t.v. station in fargo disagrees with you. oak grove beat devils lake and since the title was between them and DL i have a hard time beleiving that there can be a TIE in the region.
rature68

Postby burtonman09 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:41 pm

well even if Devils lake and oak grove shared the region title. devils lake doesnt deserve it because, they didnt walk away with a state title..
burtonman09
NDPreps Reserve

Postby PigskinQuad » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:56 pm

just wondering....why does everyone hate DL so much? in my opinion it sounds like everyones mad cuz there was another competetive team in AA this year
PigskinQuad
NDPreps Reserve

Postby burtonman09 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:00 pm

No the reason i hate devils lake is because they think they are so good. they are so cocky. they had to drop down from AAA, and they still struggle. they should probably drop down to single A and i bet they still wouldnt win.
" Redemtion"..... 28-0 is pretty good redemtion....
Last edited by burtonman09 on Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
burtonman09
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Claz B Fan » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:05 pm

ndfan is correct the region title is shared its based off the record, but Oak Grove got the number 1 seed because of head to head
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby burtonman09 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:08 pm

Claz B Fan wrote:ndfan is correct the region title is shared its based off the record, but Oak Grove got the number 1 seed because of head to head

that is true, but i still dont think they should put it on shirts.... thats dumb!
burtonman09
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cutter90 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:11 pm

burtonman09 wrote:No the reason i hate devils lake is because they think they are so good. they are so cocky. they had to drop down from AAA, and they still struggle. they should probably drop down to single A and i bet they still wouldnt win.

i agree with burtonman8
cutter90
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfan » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:21 pm

Dlineman08 wrote:
ndfan wrote:
rature68 wrote:

Ok buddy your obviously from Devils Lake, got anymore excuses?

First off I'm not from Devils Lake, I graduated from Cavalier. I'm not taking anything away from Oak Grove I'm just saying there were co region champs this year because they both had ONE LOSS in the region. Oak Grove got the #1 seed because they beat Devils lake again when i say that I'm not taking anything away from OAK GROVE thats just the way it went down. They were the best team in the state this year. But some of you guys on here right now are giving Oak Grove a bad name the way your talking on here.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndsubball » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:07 pm

burtonman09 wrote:well even if Devils lake and oak grove shared the region title. devils lake doesnt deserve it because, they didnt walk away with a state title..

ok so what are you trying to prove here so if Devils Lake would have won and Oak Grove lost would you say the same thing that they didnt deserve to share the region title because they didnt walk away with the state title? get real man both teams cant win
ndsubball

Postby ndsubball » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:11 pm

burtonman09 wrote:No the reason i hate devils lake is because they think they are so good. they are so cocky. they had to drop down from AAA, and they still struggle. they should probably drop down to single A and i bet they still wouldnt win.

Devils Lake doesnt think they are so good they just have alot of confidence which you should have when you play sports you should have confidence in your team. ohh so DL drops from AAA to AA and they still struggle well explain to me how they still struggle i guess going 9-1 in the regular season and beating the #1 ranked team in the state 38-20 and then making it to the state championship game and losing 28-0 ( yes losing by that aint good but Oak Grove just out worked them). I mean give DL some credit they made the move because they actually wanted to be in every game and compete and you sit there bashing them because of it and say that they still struggle but im not going to lie 10-2 and a 2nd place trophy isnt none to bad if you ask me
ndsubball

Postby EDC » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:32 pm

It is time to lay off Devils Lake. They have very supportive fans and a huge desire to succeed. Every team's fans go a little overboard at times. I have been known to do so also. Part of the fun. I can't imagine what it is like to have to travel as much as DL does. All the late nights getting back into town. It was a tough decision to make to go to AA and I am sure it was done for the benefit of the kids. Please give DL a little slack - it has been a long time coming and DL deserves the success they had this year.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Claz B Fan » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:18 pm

Agreed congrats to Devils Lake on a very succesful season and welcome to 2AA
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby burtonman09 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:51 am

ok i will admit, i went a little over board with the bashing of DL. congrats on a good season. job well done against minot ryan. and ya i guess 10 and 2 with the second place trophy isnt that bad.
burtonman09
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:58 am

burtonman09 wrote:
Claz B Fan wrote:ndfan is correct the region title is shared its based off the record, but Oak Grove got the number 1 seed because of head to head

that is true, but i still dont think they should put it on shirts.... thats dumb!

well like everyone says there COCKY!!!!!!!! what did they say on the game something like they havent been in a state championship game sence like 1929 or something lol correct me if im wrong but it was something likes that i mean they finally got there by dropping down a division good job at getting smoked by Oak Grove i give it all to them im guessing everyone in the state sept DL was wanting DL to get pounded an it happend once again nice job "Oak Grove" 28-0
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndfan » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:50 am

ndsportsfan14 wrote:
burtonman09 wrote:

well like everyone says there COCKY!!!!!!!! what did they say on the game something like they havent been in a state championship game sence like 1929 or something lol correct me if im wrong but it was something likes that i mean they finally got there by dropping down a division good job at getting smoked by Oak Grove i give it all to them im guessing everyone in the state sept DL was wanting DL to get pounded an it happend once again nice job "Oak Grove" 28-0

1929 would have been the last time they won a state championship, 1989 was the last time they played in a state championship game and lost to Fargo South. Honestly I don't think either team was that special anyway, looked to be a real down year in AA football this year.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby dukebbfan12 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:28 am

ndfan wrote:
ndsportsfan14 wrote:
burtonman09 wrote:

1929 would have been the last time they won a state championship, 1989 was the last time they played in a state championship game and lost to Fargo South. Honestly I don't think either team was that special anyway, looked to be a real down year in AA football this year.

i think it takes a pretty special team to win the state championship 28-0. a shut out in the 1st place takes a good team. but to shut out a team twice and and the second time was in the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP game is speacial. idk maybe its just me
dukebbfan12

Postby Dlineman08 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:56 am

oak grove played shanley and beat them by a pretty large margin if that means anything cuz they're AAA, there not that great but they are AAA. I bet if Oak Grove or Minot played in AAA they would beat some pretty good teams. So nobody can say that AA was bad this year.
Dlineman08

Postby ndfan » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:16 pm

Dlineman08 wrote:oak grove played shanley and beat them by a pretty large margin if that means anything cuz they're AAA, there not that great but they are AAA. I bet if Oak Grove or Minot played in AAA they would beat some pretty good teams. So nobody can say that AA was bad this year.

What week did Oak Grove beat Shanley??? I see that they beat Souths JV teams. Also guys coming on here and saying the 2nd best team in the state not cool and only beating them 28-0 tells me AA wasn't very strong this year. If ya took the last ten state champions in AA and ranked them Oak Grove probably would be 9th or 10th. But again Congrats to Oak Grove they were the best team in Class AA this year no doubt.

Its just my opinion to guys so don't get all bent out of shape about it.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to AA