Devils Lake from AAA to AA

The teams in Class AA.

Re: Devils Lake from AAA to AA

Postby Baller » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:57 pm

Splitend08 wrote:Just so u know DL didnt have a choice to move down. Turtle lake who moved up (which was not a wise thing by the board) and a school had to move down. it happened the DL was the smallest school in AAA for football that accepted to move. Schools can deny moving and DL said u kno someone has to and so we will and took it. They didnt make the call to move down so they could win more it was a higher powers decision. I think it actually fueled teams as example OG to beat them since they did come from AAA last year.

Not true...it was voted on by the Devils Lake Board to move down....they certainly had a choice....PS...Turtle Mountain and Turtle lake are two different places in two different parts of the state...It was Turtle Mountain the moved up
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Splitend08 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:01 pm

my bad sorry but u knew what i mean. but its also true that someone did have to move since they moved up. right?
Splitend08

Postby EDC » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:16 pm

It is my understanding that somebody had to move down. I know there was talk of Shanley having to move down if nobody else was willing to - may be wrong but that was the rumor I heard.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bruins44 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:26 pm

After watching what Devils Lake did this year... They had a great year and Im sure the boys feel great about football again in DL, Should Shanley take the big step and play down at the AA level where they belong?? The hay days of Sid Citchy is long gone. Shanley boosters quit living in the past and think about the well being of the players. Devils Lake did the right thing!
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Splitend08 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:02 pm

i wasnt saying they didnt. but i agree. the Deacons should in football. everything else is ok. OG scrimaged them and kicked them. sorry Deacons but true
Splitend08

Postby Indians Alumni » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:48 pm

It is what it is, DL should not be allowed to move down because they cannot compete! Teams take beatings and there are teams that take beatings and get better at it. I just can't see how that is happening in ND.

If a team is no good, you don't go and whine to get to a lower brackett, you get on your team to be a better team to compete. Get them in the weightroom, football camps/clinics, you don't go down a level! That is just BUSH!
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby DeuceTrey » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:01 pm

Indians Alumni wrote:It is what it is, DL should not be allowed to move down because they cannot compete! Teams take beatings and there are teams that take beatings and get better at it. I just can't see how that is happening in ND.

If a team is no good, you don't go and whine to get to a lower brackett, you get on your team to be a better team to compete. Get them in the weightroom, football camps/clinics, you don't go down a level! That is just BUSH!

Do you know what you are saying, or are you just another person who decides that they should hate on anyone who isn't from where they are from? No one from DL cried about losing. They were presented with an opportunity and they took it. What is the difference between DL having a few more kids than schools like VC, than when DL had to play South, who graduates more people every year than DL has in their high school. Tell me this, if your team was struggling and got the opportunity to play with teams that were on the same level, would you take it? Or would your ego be so big that on the way down you got stuck and had to stay and continue to get throttled every night?
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Indians Alumni » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:06 pm

I guess my pride would be challenged here! I would not make the move!

As a player, I took it upon myself as a player to go out and try to make myself better! If I was getting my butt kicked by someone everytime I would play them, I would not ask to go against smaller class B schools! I am not that passive! I step up to the challenge!
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby EDC » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:13 pm

Do you know what you are saying, or are you just another person who decides that they should hate on anyone who isn't from where they are from? No one from DL cried about losing. They were presented with an opportunity and they took it. What is the difference between DL having a few more kids than schools like VC, than when DL had to play South, who graduates more people every year than DL has in their high school. Tell me this, if your team was struggling and got the opportunity to play with [b]teams that were on the same level,[/b] would you take it? Or would your ego be so big that on the way down you got stuck and had to stay and continue to get throttled every night?[/quote]

I don't blame DL but the facts are that DL has double or almost double the next enrollment in Class AA. Correct me if I am wrong. South and West Fargo have just over three times the enrollment of DL but Wahpeton, Valley City and Shanley are smaller. DL is in a tough spot - be an easy game for most EDC teams or be a big fish in AA. I will not complain about DL moving down but they had an advantage this year.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Indians Alumni » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:37 pm

Like I said, I am an agressive guy, I would not take the low road! I would not chump out and go down just to put up "W's"! Oh wait, I mean to put more kids in uniform. Don't forget I played football for DL! I am not in support of the move down! I as a former Satan I put pride into my team and how hard we worked. I am truly offended by the move!
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Previous

Return to AA