Class AA First RoOund Playoffs

The teams in Class AA.

Postby ND Football Guy » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:50 am

Saturday - October 27th (Quarterfinals)

PPG = Average Points Per Game;  PPGA = Average Points Per Game Against

TOP BRACKET

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

West Region # 4  - Dickinson Trinity Titans (5-4),  PPG - 29.2, PPGA - 12.7

AT East Region # 1 - Fargo Oak Grove Grovers (8-1),  PPG - 26.8, PPGA - 6.4

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

East Region # 3 - Grafton Spoilers (7-2),  PPG - 22.7, PPGA - 10.8

AT West Region # 2 - Hazen Bison (8-1),  PPG - 33.7, PPGA - 5.7

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BOTTOM BRACKET

West Region # 3 - Watford City Wolves (5-4),  PPG - 29.1, PPGA - 13.9

AT East Region # 2  - Devils Lake Firebirds (8-1),  PPG - 32.1, PPGA - 7.7

East Region # 4 - Rugby Panthers (5-4),  PPG - 22.6, PPGA - 11.4 

AT West Region # 1 - Minot Bishop Ryan Lions (9-0),  PPG - 35.2, PPGA - 4.9 

Last edited by ND Football Guy on Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ND Football Guy
NDPreps All-State

Postby 666 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:51 am

ND Football Guy wrote:Saturday - October 27th (1st Round)

PPG = Average Points Per Game;  PPGA = Average Points Per Game Against

TOP BRACKET

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

West Region # 4  - Dickinson Trinity (5-4),  PPG - 29.2, PPGA - 12.7

AT East Region # 1 - Fargo Oak Grove (8-1),  PPG - 26.8, PPGA - 6.4

East Region # 3 - Grafton (7-2),  PPG - 22.7, PPGA - 10.8

AT West Region # 2 - Hazen (8-1),  PPG - 33.7, PPGA - 5.7

BOTTOM BRACKET

West Region # 3 - Watford City (5-4),  PPG - 29.1, PPGA - 13.9

AT East Region # 2  - Devils Lake (8-1),  PPG - 32.1, PPGA - 7.7

East Region # 4 - Rugby (5-4),  PPG - 22.6, PPGA - 11.4 

AT West Region # 1 - Minot Bishop Ryan (9-0),  PPG - 35.2, PPGA - 4.9 

So what are everyone's predictions?

I got oak grove big
I got an upset with grafton in a nailbitter over hazen
DL a lil less beat up so i got them by about 14
Ryan stomps rugby

Postby ND_SportsNut » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:06 pm

What time are the games set for on the 27th?
ND_SportsNut

Postby click clack moo » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:57 am

who beat oak grove this year? and what week did it happen?
click clack moo
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsubball » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:11 am

Rugby beat Oak Grove 20-7 in week 5
ndsubball

Postby NorthDakota11 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:52 am

ndsubball wrote:Rugby beat Oak Grove 20-7 in week 5

I think this is an example of why we can't just hand things to the top seeds...  If the 5-4 4th seed from the East can play beat the #1 seed I think anyones got a chance. Oak Grove better be ready next weekend because Trinity will be up for it... People forget that Trinity was in a very similar situation last year and ended up playing in the State Title game.

Watford City is another low seeded team that needs to be worried about... they only lost to Minot Ryan (The team that gets the most love on this board) 13-9 and basically handed the game away with a couple of turnovers.

Its the playoffs, anything can happen... this time of year it comes down to coaching, and Randy Gordon and Fred Fridley will definitely have their kids ready!
"Why did you go for two?"

"Because I couldn't go for three..." - Woody Hayes
NorthDakota11
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball4life » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:11 am

NorthDakota11 wrote:

I think this is an example of why we can't just hand things to the top seeds...  If the 5-4 4th seed from the East can play beat the #1 seed I think anyones got a chance. Oak Grove better be ready next weekend because Trinity will be up for it... People forget that Trinity was in a very similar situation last year and ended up playing in the State Title game.

Watford City is another low seeded team that needs to be worried about... they only lost to Minot Ryan (The team that gets the most love on this board) 13-9 and basically handed the game away with a couple of turnovers.

Its the playoffs, anything can happen... this time of year it comes down to coaching, and Randy Gordon and Fred Fridley will definitely have their kids ready!

I am not saying that this is not true, because it is true, but honestly why does everyone always say that "they handed the game over to them" and stuff like that... it is football and that is what happens. I am not just saying it as a player but you hear it all the time about"how those few things changed the game" well if you dont want that to happen then dont let it happen...

Now with that said, Yes, Watford is a very good football team and they should not be taken lightly because as you all know they are the defending state champs. i think that this year every single playoff game will be a good game, because there really isnt that extremely mediocre team sneeking into the playoffs.
baseball4life
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NorthDakota11 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:41 am

baseball4life wrote:
NorthDakota11 wrote:

I am not saying that this is not true, because it is true, but honestly why does everyone always say that "they handed the game over to them" and stuff like that... it is football and that is what happens. I am not just saying it as a player but you hear it all the time about"how those few things changed the game" well if you dont want that to happen then dont let it happen...

Now with that said, Yes, Watford is a very good football team and they should not be taken lightly because as you all know they are the defending state champs. i think that this year every single playoff game will be a good game, because there really isnt that extremely mediocre team sneeking into the playoffs.

I agree with you but I'll take it a step further... I don't think there is a truly dominate team this year like Trinity in 2000-2001 or Cavalier in 2002-2005... Parity is great and it makes for much more exciting football...
"Why did you go for two?"

"Because I couldn't go for three..." - Woody Hayes
NorthDakota11
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsubisonfan » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:23 pm

although you do have to miss watching players like kyle steffes on trinitys 00-01 team or matt anderson going through cavalier
ndsubisonfan

Return to AA