Bowman vs Ekalaka, MT

The teams in Class AA.

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:22 am

Just happened to catch this score and saw that Bowman got tromped 50-7.  I was just curious because I had a college roommate not too long ago from Ekalaka and they played 6-man football.  I saw a picture of his team and they only had about 12-15 guys out.  Is Ekalaka consolidated with a larger school now and the paper just didn't write in the co-op?  I know a 6 man team could not play an 11 man team.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby fbinnd » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:50 am

The reference is Ekalaka is incorrect.  That is the hometown of that football team, but the team is now called Carter County.
fbinnd

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:58 am

Are there more schools/towns involved than just Ekalaka?  Does anyone know which ones exactly?
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Deuce » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:08 am

I looked at their website and it must just be Ekalaka and the surrounding rural area.  There isn't much around it.  Their roster indicates 18 players 9-12.  7 seniors, 2 juniors, 7 sophmores and 2 freshmen.

http://www.ekalaka.net/Sports/FB%20home%20page.htm
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:43 am

That is what I was thinking, too.  Does anyone know if they are 6man, 9man, or 11man?  I think its just crazy how a small town team can come in a beat a AA team that probably has twice the kids on their roster.  Was anyone at this game?  Project pat maybe......
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfbfan » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:26 am

bowman county only has maybe 25 kids on their roster, if that. Going to be a long year for them unfortunately.
ndfbfan

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:48 am

I saw their picture on the NDHSAA website and I counted 32 kids.  They don't have their roster on the site, tho, so I guess they could have had kid quit or get hurt.
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby project-pat » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:48 pm

I was at the game....Carter County had 18 players out, Bowma has about 27. Bowman played 11 man on Offense and 8 man on defense. It was pretty screwed up. Bowman not being used to playing 8 guys on D, so carter county's QB, ollie fruit or something like that, would just scramble to the outside and michael vick it to the endzone.

Bowman lost 2 players due to suspensions, and they have a few injuries, few players quit the team. Not a real promising season for the bulldogs sadly. Bowman is loaded with talent, but nobody can commit to going out, so many players have quit in the past 2-3 years, it's sickening.
Last edited by project-pat on Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
project-pat

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:16 pm

Thanks Pat, that answers the questions I had about the game.....from their website sounds like Ekalaka has some good players....two returning all-state and 2 more all-conference.  Must have a good fball tradition even tho its a small school. 
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby project-pat » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:19 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:Thanks Pat, that answers the questions I had about the game.....from their website sounds like Ekalaka has some good players....two returning all-state and 2 more all-conference.  Must have a good fball tradition even tho its a small school. 

yeah, their QB-RB duo tore us apart, thought i was Pat White and Steve Slaton for a while.
Last edited by project-pat on Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
project-pat

Return to AA