I'm calling an upset and taking south by 3
EastGuruWannabe
NDPreps Starter

Postby propel23 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:20 pm

EastGuruWannabe wrote:I'm calling an upset and taking south by 3

no offense but does this seriously need its own topic
propel23

Postby rep » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:25 pm

how many seniors are on south's jv? not because they are terrible, but because south just has that many people and it is the only way to get backups reps.
rep

Postby EastGuruWannabe » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:51 pm

rep wrote:how many seniors are on south's jv? not because they are terrible, but because south just has that many people and it is the only way to get backups reps.

not sure, i think usually the big schools don't play any seniors on their jv teams, but maybe football is different...
EastGuruWannabe
NDPreps Starter

Postby EastGuruWannabe » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:38 pm

I heard today it isn't South's JV team, but their sophomore team...dunno if its true or not
EastGuruWannabe
NDPreps Starter

Postby Johhnyping » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:02 pm

South brought a bunch of Juniors and Sophmores to the game. It was a well played game. Oak Grove had better skill people and won the game 21-8.

South is good this year, but no where near where they were last year. I doubt that they would be a top 30 team in Minnesota.
Johhnyping
NDPreps Starter

Postby EastGuruWannabe » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:57 pm

Johhnyping wrote:South brought a bunch of Juniors and Sophmores to the game. It was a well played game. Oak Grove had better skill people and won the game 21-8.

South is good this year, but no where near where they were last year. I doubt that they would be a top 30 team in Minnesota.

Really??!! Not even in the top 30?  I guess I don't follow Minnesota football that close, but so far South was ahead of Williston 41-0 in the 2nd quarter, and ahead of St Mary's 39-0 in the 2nd quarter.  They must be pretty decent.  I agree with your assessment of the OG - SJV game though, OG definitely had the better skilled players, and a couple of their linemen were way better too, although SJV kept it close, 14-8, until late in the third.
EastGuruWannabe
NDPreps Starter

Postby dukebbfan12 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:11 am

south also brought a couple sr's to
dukebbfan12

Postby GFRR99 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:12 pm

Johhnyping wrote:South brought a bunch of Juniors and Sophmores to the game. It was a well played game. Oak Grove had better skill people and won the game 21-8.

top 15 team no doubt
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby Johhnyping » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:40 pm

Last  Year they would have been a top 15 team, this year they have no size and no explosive back. It is a down year for them. I have seen 2 Minneapolis games this year and can honestly say that all 4 teams would handle South this year
Johhnyping
NDPreps Starter

Postby Baller » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:27 pm

Johhnyping wrote:Last  Year they would have been a top 15 team, this year they have no size and no explosive back. It is a down year for them. I have seen 2 Minneapolis games this year and can honestly say that all 4 teams would handle South this year

Josh Horner.....250+ yards tonight in a 47-6 win....but they have no explosive back
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Johhnyping » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:09 pm

Very ordinary back against a very poor defense

I dont think he has the skills to play college football
Johhnyping
NDPreps Starter

Postby EastGuruWannabe » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:22 am

Johhnyping wrote:Very ordinary back against a very poor defense

I dont think he has the skills to play college football

you havent seen him play then.  he's got that same knack of evading tacklers that solum had for south last year, plus horner is faster than solum.  not explosive?  he has/will run a punt or ko back for a td nearly every game last year and this year and has scored numerous td's on runs of 50+ yards already this year.  we'll watch the stats as the year goes on.
EastGuruWannabe
NDPreps Starter

Postby EastGuruWannabe » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:25 am

dukebbfan12 wrote:south also brought a couple sr's to

don't know if they were seniors, that doesn't seem quite right, but if they were, they certainly weren't varsity players.  coach feeney uses the same idea of helmet decals as ndsu does - you don't get one just for being on the team, you have to have been on the field in varsity competition - hence all the white only helmets at the OG - SJV game - no bruin paw
EastGuruWannabe
NDPreps Starter

Postby dukebbfan12 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:05 pm

EastGuruWannabe wrote:
dukebbfan12 wrote:south also brought a couple sr's to

don't know if they were seniors, that doesn't seem quite right, but if they were, they certainly weren't varsity players.  coach feeney uses the same idea of helmet decals as ndsu does - you don't get one just for being on the team, you have to have been on the field in varsity competition - hence all the white only helmets at the OG - SJV game - no bruin paw

there was 1 lineman for sure
dukebbfan12

Postby propel23 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:07 pm

um fargo south................AAA go there and talk about them
propel23

Postby EastGuruWannabe » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:06 pm

propel23 wrote:um fargo south................AAA go there and talk about them

we're talking about the game vs OG, last i saw they were AA -

dukebbfan12 - you're probably right about the kids who played, i wouldn't really know who they were or how old they were, just looked at the helmets
Last edited by EastGuruWannabe on Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EastGuruWannabe
NDPreps Starter

Return to AA