playoff picture

The teams in Class AA.

Postby baseball4life » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:13 pm

Who will be in the playoffs come seasons end, and what do you think the pairings will be?
baseball4life
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby dukefan32 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:29 pm

baseball4life wrote:Who will be in the playoffs come seasons end, and what do you think the pairings will be?

West
#1- Watford City
#2- Dickinson Trinity
#3- Minot Ryan
#4- Hazen

East
#1- Rugby
#2- Oak Grove
#3- Devils Lake
#4- Hatton/Northwood
dukefan32
NDPreps Starter

Postby propel23 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:16 pm

baseball4life wrote:Who will be in the playoffs come seasons end, and what do you think the pairings will be?

West
#1-Minot Ryan
#2-Watford
#3-Hazen
#4-Trinity

East
#1-Rugby
#2-Devils Lake
#3-Oak Grove
#4-Grafton
propel23

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:36 am

dukefan32 wrote:

West
#1- Watford City
#2- Dickinson Trinity
#3- Minot Ryan
#4- Hazen

East
#1- Rugby
#2- Oak Grove
#3- Devils Lake
#4- Hatton/Northwood

Hatton-Northwood is not in AA this year they moved down to A

My picks are

Watford

Trinity

Hazen

Beulah

Devils Lake

Oak Grove

Rugby

Valley City
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby dukefan32 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:47 am

GRIDIRON GURU wrote:
dukefan32 wrote:

West
#1- Watford City
#2- Dickinson Trinity
#3- Minot Ryan
#4- Hazen

East
#1- Rugby
#2- Oak Grove
#3- Devils Lake
#4- Hatton/Northwood

My picks are

Watford

Trinity

Hazen

Beulah

Devils Lake

Oak Grove

Rugby

Valley City

My bad.....
dukefan32
NDPreps Starter

Postby AAfootballfan » Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:35 pm

propel23 wrote:

West
#1-Minot Ryan
#2-Watford
#3-Hazen
#4-Trinity

East
#1-Rugby
#2-Devils Lake
#3-Oak Grove
#4-Grafton

Propel either you are from Minot Ryan or you don't really know what a #1 seeded team is cuz Ryan is going to be experienced, but has never proven they can win the big game yet so I don't see them winning the west. Here are my picks.

West 1. Watford City 2. Trinity 3. Hazen 4. Bishop Ryan

East  1. Rugby 2. Devils Lake  3. Grafton  4. Oak Grove

AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby propel23 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:18 pm

AAfootballfan wrote:
propel23 wrote:

West
#1-Minot Ryan
#2-Watford
#3-Hazen
#4-Trinity

East
#1-Rugby
#2-Devils Lake
#3-Oak Grove
#4-Grafton

Propel either you are from Minot Ryan or you don't really know what a #1 seeded team is cuz Ryan is going to be experienced, but has never proven they can win the big game yet so I don't see them winning the west. Here are my picks.

West 1. Watford City 2. Trinity 3. Hazen 4. Bishop Ryan

East  1. Rugby 2. Devils Lake  3. Grafton  4. Oak Grove

o sorry i didnt know that this was spose to be about opinons but your exactly right im sure your picks are going to be perfect.....and i do know what a #1 seed team is and your right ryan upseting hazen last year didnt prove that they could win a big game....ummm your tried there watford boy
propel23

Postby ndfbfan » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:37 am

propel23 wrote:o sorry i didnt know that this was spose to be about opinons but your exactly right im sure your picks are going to be perfect.....and i do know what a #1 seed team is and your right ryan upseting hazen last year didnt prove that they could win a big game....ummm your tried there watford boy

Nope, a big game would have been beating Trinity to get into the playoffs. Until Ryan can get into the playoffs, I just don't see them being any seed, let alone a #1, but you are certainly entitled to your opinion and maybe you'll prove everyone wrong. Unfortunately, respect is only earned and talk is just talk until that time.
ndfbfan

Postby AAfootballfan » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:40 pm

ndfbfan wrote:
propel23 wrote:o sorry i didnt know that this was spose to be about opinons but your exactly right im sure your picks are going to be perfect.....and i do know what a #1 seed team is and your right ryan upseting hazen last year didnt prove that they could win a big game....ummm your tried there watford boy

Nope, a big game would have been beating Trinity to get into the playoffs. Until Ryan can get into the playoffs, I just don't see them being any seed, let alone a #1, but you are certainly entitled to your opinion and maybe you'll prove everyone wrong. Unfortunately, respect is only earned and talk is just talk until that time.

Totally agree with NDfan...that Hazen game ended up meaning nothing..so propel if you are hanging your hat on that for this year's Ryan team that is kinda risky but we shall see how things play out!
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby dukefan32 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:51 pm

AAfootballfan wrote:
ndfbfan wrote:

Totally agree with NDfan...that Hazen game ended up meaning nothing..so propel if you are hanging your hat on that for this year's Ryan team that is kinda risky but we shall see how things play out!

But you have the give the Minot Ryan team credit, for boucing back from 1-8 season and taking second to last in the West the year before to a 5-4 record and almost making it in to the playoffs. But we'll see how they'll do this year.
dukefan32
NDPreps Starter

Postby power-aid14 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:04 pm

this year.....ryan will be decent right?
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cubsfan » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:30 pm

GRIDIRON GURU wrote:
dukefan32 wrote:

West
#1- Watford City
#2- Dickinson Trinity
#3- Minot Ryan
#4- Hazen

East
#1- Rugby
#2- Oak Grove
#3- Devils Lake
#4- Hatton/Northwood

My picks are

Watford

Trinity

Hazen

Beulah

Devils Lake

Oak Grove

Rugby

Valley City
Hatton-Northwood still has a better chance of making the playoffs in AA than Valley City.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:22 am

Hatton-Northwood still has a better chance of making the playoffs in AA than Valley City.

You are probably right, I am just giving VC the bennifet of the doubt with a new head coach.

It's not very hard to make the playoffs in AA win 4-5 games and you are in as the 4th seed.

"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby scruffy » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:44 am

"It's not very hard to make the playoffs in "AA".   Win four or five games and you're in"....................It's no different in "AAA" except they have a play in game to give the 5th seed a shot...........The class "A" basketball tournament allows nearly half the teams in as well........................Maybe the solution is making "AA" and "AAA" go to a final four format but forget that one because the NDHSAA wants the DOLLARS.....
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby propel23 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:05 pm

GRIDIRON GURU wrote:

You are probably right, I am just giving VC the bennifet of the doubt with a new head coach.

It's not very hard to make the playoffs in AA win 4-5 games and you are in as the 4th seed.

unless your in the west
propel23

Postby power-aid14 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:01 pm

speaking of having it too easy in order to get to the playoffs, remember in baseball last year when valley city's legion team went 1-42 on the season yet made the playoffs....gotta hand it to them though.....they were a dang good baseball team
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby click clack moo » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:50 pm

well i expect minot ryan to be in the playoffs because they are returning everyone of there starters from last year or everyone who was any good and i was at the hazen game and they proved that they can get the job done when needed
click clack moo
NDPreps Starter

Postby propel23 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:58 pm

click clack moo wrote:well i expect minot ryan to be in the playoffs because they are returning everyone of there starters from last year or everyone who was any good and i was at the hazen game and they proved that they can get the job done when needed

yes thank you atleast someone agrees with me on that...and yes they did  lose to trinity but they were winning the majority of the game but blew it at the end...very dissapointing
propel23

Postby click clack moo » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:33 am

well... and yeah i dont know if ryan will go all the way but i think they have as good of a chance as anyone in the west. After all they do return there all state tackle Kasper and i think they had and all state qb (dont know his name tho) too correct me if im wrong and they also have a good line backing crew i heard lead by a middle line backer named Larson but i still dont know if ryan will be able to beat hazen again this year but it will be a game to watch and i predict them being the 2 seed in the playoffs from the west
click clack moo
NDPreps Starter

Postby click clack moo » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:38 am

so ryan will prolly have an ok defence and they also have there runnning back blake eegl returning (didnt know this intill recently) and i guess that larson kid is playing there other running back spot but i dont know how he is at the running back spot
click clack moo
NDPreps Starter

Postby dukefan32 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:51 am

click clack moo wrote:well... and yeah i dont know if ryan will go all the way but i think they have as good of a chance as anyone in the west. After all they do return there all state tackle Kasper and i think they had and all state qb (dont know his name tho) too correct me if im wrong and they also have a good line backing crew i heard lead by a middle line backer named Larson but i still dont know if ryan will be able to beat hazen again this year but it will be a game to watch and i predict them being the 2 seed in the playoffs from the west

Kallias is the All-State Quaterback.
dukefan32
NDPreps Starter

Postby click clack moo » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:59 pm

o alright i didnt know his name but i read somthing somewhere about ryan having an alstate qb
click clack moo
NDPreps Starter

Postby Juan » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:27 am

Ryan went 6 and 12 in the last two years with this same group of kids and now magically they will win the west?  They have no commitment to an off season weight program and alot of their players played Legion baseball this summer.  The Legion schedule leaves no room for hitting the weights.  Teams like Watford City and Dickinson Trinity win on the field because there is commitment in the off season.  It has NOTHING to do with Trinity "recruiting" kids.  Ryan would have the same opportunity to "recruit" kids but they still come up short every year.  Give the powerhouse teams the credit they deserve because they are comitted to football with GREAT coaching staffs.  Go to Watford City's football field at look at all those state championships-that speaks for itself-VERY IMPRESSIVE.    At Ryan it is just something for these kids to do in the fall.   
Juan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby propel23 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:24 pm

Juan wrote:Ryan went 6 and 12 in the last two years with this same group of kids and now magically they will win the west?  They have no commitment to an off season weight program and alot of their players played Legion baseball this summer.  The Legion schedule leaves no room for hitting the weights.  Teams like Watford City and Dickinson Trinity win on the field because there is commitment in the off season.  It has NOTHING to do with Trinity "recruiting" kids.  Ryan would have the same opportunity to "recruit" kids but they still come up short every year.  Give the powerhouse teams the credit they deserve because they are comitted to football with GREAT coaching staffs.  Go to Watford City's football field at look at all those state championships-that speaks for itself-VERY IMPRESSIVE.    At Ryan it is just something for these kids to do in the fall.   

umm yea they went 6-12 with the same group of kids but obviously you gain experience and that 1-8 season they had they were sophomores you cant expect a team full of sophomores to dominate especially with a sophomore QB with no experience that was a dumb point you tried to make......and question how do you know they have no commitment??only 3 players on there entire team played for the metros or vistas if you dont beleive me you name them but to me 3 players is not alot....but then again you probably are with these kids 24/7 so you probably know that they dont lift or have any commitment to football what so ever......wow are you serious?......and trust me football is not just something for them to do in the fall their dedicated to it and their 14 seniors have been waiting for this ever since they give up a dissapointing loss to trinity last year......im not saying there going to win state but seriously your comment was probably one of the dumber things i have ever read on here all of the things you talked about you have no idea what your saying....and now im mad because 1 i wasted the time to type this for an unneeded reason because the comment you made was just....dumb....and i now feel dumber for reading the stuff you typed
propel23

Postby baseball4life » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:37 pm

propel23 wrote:
Juan wrote:Ryan went 6 and 12 in the last two years with this same group of kids and now magically they will win the west?  They have no commitment to an off season weight program and alot of their players played Legion baseball this summer.  The Legion schedule leaves no room for hitting the weights.  Teams like Watford City and Dickinson Trinity win on the field because there is commitment in the off season.  It has NOTHING to do with Trinity "recruiting" kids.  Ryan would have the same opportunity to "recruit" kids but they still come up short every year.  Give the powerhouse teams the credit they deserve because they are comitted to football with GREAT coaching staffs.  Go to Watford City's football field at look at all those state championships-that speaks for itself-VERY IMPRESSIVE.    At Ryan it is just something for these kids to do in the fall.   

umm yea they went 6-12 with the same group of kids but obviously you gain experience and that 1-8 season they had they were sophomores you cant expect a team full of sophomores to dominate especially with a sophomore QB with no experience that was a dumb point you tried to make......and question how do you know they have no commitment??only 3 players on there entire team played for the metros or vistas if you dont beleive me you name them but to me 3 players is not alot....but then again you probably are with these kids 24/7 so you probably know that they dont lift or have any commitment to football what so ever......wow are you serious?......and trust me football is not just something for them to do in the fall their dedicated to it and their 14 seniors have been waiting for this ever since they give up a dissapointing loss to trinity last year......im not saying there going to win state but seriously your comment was probably one of the dumber things i have ever read on here all of the things you talked about you have no idea what your saying....and now im mad because 1 i wasted the time to type this for an unneeded reason because the comment you made was just....dumb....and i now feel dumber for reading the stuff you typed
POINT TAKEN JUAN but watch and learn... we are coming for you. and then you will see COMMITMENT and what it is all about.
baseball4life
NDPreps All-Conference

Next

Return to AA