playoff picture

The teams in Class AA.

Postby Juan » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:52 pm

Easy there Propel:

The facts are in the win/loss column.  Did anyone  hold informal workouts during  offseason?  The answer is no and Ryan never has.  You cannot put yourself into a class with the powerhouse teams when you don't workout in the off season.  That is why Trinity and Watford City as well as Velva (yes I know they are in Class A)  keep reloading every year.  You may have desire but you still have never proved it on the football field.  If this is all it takes to make you mad then you will get rolled over on the field because worse will be said out there.  Think like a champion to win like a champion.  A successful season for Ryan should have started last November. 
Juan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball4life » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:03 pm

Juan wrote:Easy there Propel:

The facts are in the win/loss column.  Did anyone  hold informal workouts during  offseason?  The answer is no and Ryan never has.  You cannot put yourself into a class with the powerhouse teams when you don't workout in the off season.  That is why Trinity and Watford City as well as Velva (yes I know they are in Class A)  keep reloading every year.  You may have desire but you still have never proved it on the football field.  If this is all it takes to make you mad then you will get rolled over on the field because worse will be said out there.  Think like a champion to win like a champion.  A successful season for Ryan should have started last November. 
And it did start last november! i am not getting angry at all because you are entitled to your opinion but i am just wondering what sources you have saying that bishop ryan was not in the weight room all off season and watching film... preparing themselves to get over the recent hump they have been in.
Last edited by baseball4life on Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
baseball4life
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby propel23 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:15 pm

juan you have no idea what your talking bout and for the win loss colum umm  your right every single one of those games was  all this years seniors fault......and also like baseball4life can you please tell us how you know that bishop ryan doesnt workout cuz they have some big and strong kids and if you dont believe me you name some kids from ryan that dont lift insince you know everything else......and how will i get rolled over on the football field i would love to be lined up across from you and after its over have you say that again and mean it
propel23

Postby Juan » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:02 pm

propel23 wrote:

juan you have no idea what your talking bout and for the win loss colum umm  your right every single one of those games was  all this years seniors fault......and also like baseball4life can you please tell us how you know that bishop ryan doesnt workout cuz they have big ansome d strong kids and if you dont believe me you name some kids from ryan that dont lift insince you know everything else......and how will i get rolled over on the football field i would love to be lined up across from you and after its over have you say that again and mean it

Look at both of you.  All worked up over constructive criticism.  My "sources" come from your own team.  You said it yourself propel-you have "Some" big and strong kids.  Do you have a team?  Did they all work out or just a couple?  That's been the history of Ryan football and thats why you keep coming up short.  Thats whats called commitment when the whole team works out.  You did not have the whole team work out and that is what has shown up on the field over the last few years.  You have kids that are not even sure if they want to play.  Once again prove it on the field and listen to the facts.  If you are as good as you say you are it will show in the win/loss column.  All you want are the sources names-maybe if you worked as a team instead of a bunch of individuals you would not have your own team mates doubting you but that has also been the history of Ryan football-a bunch of individuals and no one looking out for the team.  Learn from the powerhouse teams don't criticize them- They are just playing good old fashioned hard nosed football and they put the time in the off season to ensure success on the field.  The "sophmores" that were on the team that were the starters are responsible for the record just like everyone else on the team.  Keep trying to blame everyone else for the record and you will end up just like last year.  Take accountability for your own actions. 

Juan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball4life » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:23 pm

Juan wrote:
propel23 wrote:

juan you have no idea what your talking bout and for the win loss colum umm  your right every single one of those games was  all this years seniors fault......and also like baseball4life can you please tell us how you know that bishop ryan doesnt workout cuz they have big ansome d strong kids and if you dont believe me you name some kids from ryan that dont lift insince you know everything else......and how will i get rolled over on the football field i would love to be lined up across from you and after its over have you say that again and mean it

Look at both of you.  All worked up over constructive criticism.  My "sources" come from your own team.  You said it yourself propel-you have "Some" big and strong kids.  Do you have a team?  Did they all work out or just a couple?  That's been the history of Ryan football and thats why you keep coming up short.  Thats whats called commitment when the whole team works out.  You did not have the whole team work out and that is what has shown up on the field over the last few years.  You have kids that are not even sure if they want to play.  Once again prove it on the field and listen to the facts.  If you are as good as you say you are it will show in the win/loss column.  All you want are the sources names-maybe if you worked as a team instead of a bunch of individuals you would not have your own team mates doubting you but that has also been the history of Ryan football-a bunch of individuals and no one looking out for the team.  Learn from the powerhouse teams don't criticize them- They are just playing good old fashioned hard nosed football and they put the time in the off season to ensure success on the field.  The "sophmores" that were on the team that were the starters are responsible for the record just like everyone else on the team.  Keep trying to blame everyone else for the record and you will end up just like last year.  Take accountability for your own actions. 

First off i am not getting worked up i think what you say is interesting and i am glad you are saying it. but with that said i am not just going to sit and take it and not give my two cents. i am wondering who exactly from our team you talked to. because i am almost positive  that nobody on our team is doubting or questioning what we are doing and our goals. and this offseason was a TEAM effort in the weight room. i will agree with you in that in the past    it is true that it has been just a select few that have worked out and got it done in the off season. this year however it was a TEAM effort. I am not denying that i didnt have something to do with the past two seasons either.  anyway i am just saying that this talk is not proving anything either way. you are basing your judgments on our past, while we are basing what we are saying on what we see as players.
    Your opinion is that you are going to see the bishop ryan of the past two years and my opinion and response to that is that you will see the new bishop ryan. the team who worked from last november and continues in the weight room through this season, HOPEFULLY starting up a tradition of this to continue for quite some time.
baseball4life
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Juan » Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:15 am

baseball4life wrote:
Juan wrote:
propel23 wrote:

First off i am not getting worked up i think what you say is interesting and i am glad you are saying it. but with that said i am not just going to sit and take it and not give my two cents. i am wondering who exactly from our team you talked to. because i am almost positive  that nobody on our team is doubting or questioning what we are doing and our goals. and this offseason was a TEAM effort in the weight room. i will agree with you in that in the past    it is true that it has been just a select few that have worked out and got it done in the off season. this year however it was a TEAM effort. I am not denying that i didnt have something to do with the past two seasons either.  anyway i am just saying that this talk is not proving anything either way. you are basing your judgments on our past, while we are basing what we are saying on what we see as players.
    Your opinion is that you are going to see the bishop ryan of the past two years and my opinion and response to that is that you will see the new bishop ryan. the team who worked from last november and continues in the weight room through this season, HOPEFULLY starting up a tradition of this to continue for quite some time.

baseball4life:

Now this is starting to sound like a champion!!!! Great job!!!  Now I challenge you to show it on the field!!! Have a great season and I will be watching!!!! 

propel-I am still not sure of your committment.  You let just a few words on a blog get you all worked up.  That is not the control you will need to win.  Take lessons from baseball4life.  If I was a football coach I would already know by reading this blog that the way to get into your head is to say a few words to you and you lose it.  Once I got your head I got the game.  Hope you have a great season as well. 
Last edited by Juan on Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Juan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball4life » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:54 am

Anyway this isnt for the arguement we have going Juan but my four picks for the west playoff picture are as follows, in no particular order:

Hazen, Watford City, Trinity, and Bishop Ryan.

The seeding I am not going to predict because i believe any of these teams could beat eachother so it is tough to pick seeds.

The reason i did not select beulah is i believe they lost too much last year, especially in the skilled position areas, However they have an excellent coaching staff and who really knows how they will develop the talent coming in.
baseball4life
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby propel23 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:11 pm

Juan wrote:
baseball4life wrote:
Juan wrote:
propel23 wrote:

baseball4life:

Now this is starting to sound like a champion!!!! Great job!!!  Now I challenge you to show it on the field!!! Have a great season and I will be watching!!!! 

propel-I am still not sure of your committment.  You let just a few words on a blog get you all worked up.  That is not the control you will need to win.  Take lessons from baseball4life.  If I was a football coach I would already know by reading this blog that the way to get into your head is to say a few words to you and you lose it.  Once I got your head I got the game.  Hope you have a great season as well. 

im not mad i just dont understand where all this stuff your saying is coming from....and trust me i have commitment and if you knew who i was you would think otherwise to....and a person talking crap to me during a games doesnt affect me at all.....and your right reading posts on north dakota preps is going to tell you if someone has commitment that sounds just dumb
propel23

Postby click clack moo » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:46 am

wow juan you get all worked up cuz some kids from ryan have a little faith in themselves... yeah idk if ryan will make the playoffs this year but.... i dont think someone from a different school such as you or me has the right to judge them after all how do we know how commited they are or maybe they have been in the weight room every day since last november....
click clack moo
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball2008 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:56 am

I thought this was really low on juans part to say things like that mainly becaus im guessing he is not from Minot Ryan so I dont know how he would know all those things....
baseball2008

Postby Juan » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:29 am

propel23 wrote:
Juan wrote:
baseball4life wrote:
Juan wrote:
propel23 wrote:

baseball4life:

im not mad i just dont understand where all this stuff your saying is coming from....and trust me i have commitment and if you knew who i was you would think otherwise to....and a person talking crap to me during a games doesnt affect me at all.....and your right reading posts on north dakota preps is going to tell you if someone has commitment that sounds just dumb

propel-listen to you-you still don't get it "if you knew who i was".  Who is your team?  Football is a team sport no one cares who you are.  When you put yourself ahead of the team you all come out on the losing end.  It's too bad your coaches haven't drilled this into you already.  May be too late for this season. 
Juan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Juan » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:33 am

baseball2008 wrote:I thought this was really low on juans part to say things like that mainly becaus im guessing he is not from Minot Ryan so I dont know how he would know all those things....

low is football players who allow only a few team mates to work out every year (this was stated by baseball4life as the history of ryan football and he is from ryan) in the weight room and the rest of the team does nothing.  How about those kids?  As I stated before "my sources" come from the team itself.  Ryan needs a huge dose of reality to get their program back on track.  If that is low I don't ever want to be on the high side. 
Last edited by Juan on Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Juan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby rep » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:58 am

please get back on topic or the discussion will be closed.
rep

Postby Y-not Daily » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:54 pm

Here's what I got... West is significantly stronger than the East again, even with Devils Lake dropping down. (BTW Juan, Watford City has a great tradition, but they had a pretty good stretch of losing seasons until 2005.)

West

1. Hazen... Sorenson may be the best player in AA.

2. Ryan... No playoff experience, but more athleticism than any other team.

3. Watford City... Will miss guys like Svihovec, Samuelson, Wold, Knudtson, Stenhejem et al.

4. Dickinson Trinity... Always finds a way to be in the hunt.

East

1. Rugby... Lost a ton of studs, but have Zwingel and Duchscher as all-state returners.

2. Fargo Oak Grove... Most starters returning in the East I think. 

3. Devils Lake... The move down will make them very competitive.

4. Grafton... A lot returning.

Y-not Daily

Postby rep » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:56 pm

offensively grafton should be amazing, but i question their defense...maybe they can stow away enough wins before the weather turns through.
rep

Postby click clack moo » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:31 pm

dont get me wrong, and im not trying to be mean but i just need you to explain to me how the weather will affect grafton more than anyone else??? and why they need to get alot of wins before the weather turns bad???
click clack moo
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:32 pm

click clack moo wrote:dont get me wrong, and im not trying to be mean but i just need you to explain to me how the weather will affect grafton more than anyone else??? and why they need to get alot of wins before the weather turns bad???

I do belive from what i was always told weather conditions is just a exuse for losers!!!good teams play good all time no matter wat condition the weather is but thats just me thats they way i look at it!!
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby DeuceTrey » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:36 pm

click clack moo wrote:dont get me wrong, and im not trying to be mean but i just need you to explain to me how the weather will affect grafton more than anyone else??? and why they need to get alot of wins before the weather turns bad???

i think he ment that when there is bad weather, the offense usually struggles and needs to rely more on their defense, and since Grafton apparently has a bad defense, they might be in trouble. thats what i got out of it anyway.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:40 pm

DeuceTrey wrote:

i think he ment that when there is bad weather, the offense usually struggles and needs to rely more on their defense, and since Grafton apparently has a bad defense, they might be in trouble. thats what i got out of it anyway.

yaya i suppose i was just goin by wat click clack said but ur sounds lil better!!
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby rep » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:16 pm

what i was getting at was try passing the ball when it is 10 degrees with 30 mph winds. and from everything i've heard/read while grafton has a pretty prolific offense, teams that can run the ball on them have success.

looking at their scoring averages last year they averaged something like 29 points a game in victories and 8 points a game in losses, but i don't remember exactly at what point in the year the wins and losses came for them last year.

it isn't like i'm calling them worthless human beings or anything like that, i was just saying that is what i heard as a scouting report on them. it's just something for them to work on in the offseason and hopefully they did. i love seeing those wide-open offenses get on turf in november.   
rep

Postby AAfootballfan » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:12 pm

Y-not Daily wrote:Here's what I got... West is significantly stronger than the East again, even with Devils Lake dropping down. (BTW Juan, Watford City has a great tradition, but they had a pretty good stretch of losing seasons until 2005.)

West

3. Watford City... Will miss guys like Svihovec, Samuelson, Wold, Knudtson, Stenhejem et al.

East

1. Rugby... Lost a ton of studs, but have Zwingel and Duchscher as all-state returners.

I guarantee you Watford finishes higher than 3rd in the west....
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby scruffy » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:49 am

There is no way you can guarantee anything.  Injuries etc. play a HUGE role...
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby propel23 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:45 pm

AAfootballfan wrote:
Y-not Daily wrote:Here's what I got... West is significantly stronger than the East again, even with Devils Lake dropping down. (BTW Juan, Watford City has a great tradition, but they had a pretty good stretch of losing seasons until 2005.)

West

East

I guarantee you Watford finishes higher than 3rd in the west....

quite complaining omg its one persons predictions....not everyone agrees with you that watford is going to be amazing but i will say that they are going to be a really good football team
propel23

Postby click clack moo » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:53 pm

[user=3975]ndsportsfan14[/user] wrote:
DeuceTrey wrote:

yaya i suppose i was just goin by wat click clack said but ur sounds lil better!!
well i think you guys got me wrong. I also beleave that weather is a poor excuse for losers, and i was asking rep why he thinks it will affect grafton...
click clack moo
NDPreps Starter

Postby ballin-6 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:49 pm

juan is an idiot  ryan has a very committed group of kids that hits the wieght room every day, or almost, and only two of there players played legion ball and that was Kallias (who is a stud ) and Ben kramer but they made an extra effort for lifting time....
ballin-6

PreviousNext

Return to AA