Devils Lake!

The teams in Class AA.

Postby Ball Till I Fall » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:09 pm

I think its Pathetic they wine about being in 3AAA !!!!theres no reason they need to drop down to 2AA an bump some lil tiny schools up!! its dumb

An Who Are they All PLaying This yr!wat the Schedule look like?an wat games are they garentee to win!!
Ball Till I Fall

Postby DeuceTrey » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:59 pm

they moved down because of enrollment numbers, they were the smallest AAA school and when the NDHSAA asked if they wanted to move down and compete with schools there size they said yes. its not like they were crying every year and writing complaint letters and throwing a fit until someone noticed, they did what they could, and when this oportunity came along, they took it. they will play in the East region, and their nonconference games are against Trinity and Watford City, so its not like it will be easy anyway.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby propel23 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:47 pm

im not 100% sure on this but bishop ryan has the choice to move down but they dont so why doesnt devils lake do that unless they know there not going to win....and i also dont get why the devils lake kids are so cocky and confident about there season because just because you get worked in 3A doesnt mean youll come down to 2A and dominate
propel23

Postby EDC » Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:46 pm

DeuceTrey wrote:they moved down because of enrollment numbers, they were the smallest AAA school and when the NDHSAA asked if they wanted to move down and compete with schools there size they said yes. its not like they were crying every year and writing complaint letters and throwing a fit until someone noticed, they did what they could, and when this oportunity came along, they took it. they will play in the East region, and their nonconference games are against Trinity and Watford City, so its not like it will be easy anyway.

DL isn't the smallest. Shanley and St Marys are smaller and Wahpeton must be close.  That said, Shanley hasn't been competitive for a few years and maybe should be playing down.  Shanley has resisted so far but there is talk of potentially moving.
Last edited by EDC on Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby FBFootball » Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:07 am

Overall enrollment numbers at Shanley may be lower, but their football roster is still bigger than DL's
FBFootball
NDPreps Rookie

Postby DLathlete » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:21 pm

maybe we dont want to lose everygame. seriously why do we want to put alot of hard work in and end up loseing all but one game
DLathlete
NDPreps Rookie

Postby DLathlete » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:22 pm

Ball Till I Fall wrote:I think its Pathetic they wine about being in 3AAA !!!!theres no reason they need to drop down to 2AA an bump some lil tiny schools up!! its dumb

An Who Are they All PLaying This yr!wat the Schedule look like?an wat games are they garentee to win!!

maybe we dont want to lose everygame but one after alot of hard work
DLathlete
NDPreps Rookie

Postby baseball » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:50 pm

propel23 wrote:im not 100% sure on this but bishop ryan has the choice to move down but they dont so why doesnt devils lake do that unless they know there not going to win....and i also dont get why the devils lake kids are so cocky and confident about there season because just because you get worked in 3A doesnt mean youll come down to 2A and dominate

I cant blame them for moving down.  what school doesnt want to win and if they have a better chance in 2A it was a good move.  as long as they didnt write to HSAA and ask for the move its fine by me.  they were offered and they accepted
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby power-aid14 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:45 pm

im glad they moved down.....because when someone beats them out of the chance at state i will be able to smile
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Wombat » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:44 am

I agree with Propel23, Cavalier won 3 straight AA titles a few years back and moved down to A and got beat the next year...

there are good teams in all levels of football.
Mitch Greenwood

Some people say I don't have a life. They are wrong. Sports are my life!!!
Wombat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:40 pm

DLathlete wrote:
Ball Till I Fall wrote:I think its Pathetic they wine about being in 3AAA !!!!theres no reason they need to drop down to 2AA an bump some lil tiny schools up!! its dumb

maybe we dont want to lose everygame but one after alot of hard work

Must mean u have to work harder then huh???
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby c-man50 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:26 pm

propel23 wrote:im not 100% sure on this but bishop ryan has the choice to move down but they dont so why doesnt devils lake do that unless they know there not going to win....and i also dont get why the devils lake kids are so cocky and confident about there season because just because you get worked in 3A doesnt mean youll come down to 2A and dominate

well it looks like they pretty much are dominating
c-man50

Postby propel23 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:14 pm

c-man50 wrote:

well it looks like they pretty much are dominating

yeaaa ookkk..... your right their dominating devils lake is easily the best team in the state and im willing to say this if you promise not to post again about your team
propel23

Postby Cant be touched » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:19 pm

[font=comic sans ms]Well i dont think you should worry about devils lake we will show you that we wont be cocky and we will kick some butt!!!!!:P[/font]
Devils lake
Cant be touched
NDPreps Rookie

Postby power-aid14 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:57 pm

Cant be touched wrote:[font=comic sans ms]Well i dont think you should worry about devils lake we will show you that we wont be cocky and we will kick some butt!!!!!:P[/font]

where was the butt-kicking verse oak grove??
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby propel23 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:58 pm

Cant be touched wrote:[font=comic sans ms]Well i dont think you should worry about devils lake we will show you that we wont be cocky and we will kick some butt!!!!!:P[/font]

....wow
propel23

Postby Cant be touched » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:00 pm

yeah thats right buddy haha wow i know we are a good team haha
Devils lake
Cant be touched
NDPreps Rookie

Postby propel23 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:03 pm

no comment.... ill let you talk and dwell in that 3-0 loss
propel23

Postby propel23 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:08 pm

good one....people from devils lake must be known for their comebacks
propel23

Postby power-aid14 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:24 pm

propel23 wrote:good one....people from devils lake must be known for their comebacks

yeah that was a great comeback verse oak grove.....
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:33 pm

power-aid14 wrote:
propel23 wrote:good one....people from devils lake must be known for their comebacks

yeah that was a great comeback verse oak grove.....

haha nice...
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby Baller » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:21 am

going no where ....closed
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to AA