Was it a good move..

The teams in Class AA.

Postby football#1 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:41 pm

Was it a good move for DL to drop a class from AAA to AA??

football#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby SportsAreLife » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:47 pm

football#1 wrote:Was it a good move for DL to drop a class from AAA to AA??

I think we will have to wait and see. They might struggle right away or they might be really good. It's hard to say. It could take a couple years to see.
SportsAreLife

Postby point/center » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:13 pm

if you look at Valley City as an "A" school in AA....it's been a great move...for the AA teams that get to play the Hi-Liners.
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby SportsAreLife » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:16 pm

point/center wrote:if you look at Valley City as an "A" school in AA....it's been a great move...for the AA teams that get to play the Hi-Liners.

That's true. You think that there would be a class at that school that would want to change it.

SportsAreLife

Postby football#1 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:59 pm

what u mean valley city has been in AA for awhile

football#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby JoeMarkson » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:00 pm

Maybe Valley City should try 9-man.  Seriously, I don't know what their problem is.
JoeMarkson
NDPreps Rookie

Postby SportsAreLife » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:01 pm

football#1 wrote:what u mean valley city has been in AA for awhile

I don't really understand what you asking.
SportsAreLife

Postby grizz » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:01 pm

I really can't see them making it to the ship this year. Yeah so what, they were class AAA, but look at Beulah this year in bball. They were expected to be in the state game, but they didn't even make it out of regionals. I just learned to not be scared of schools who drop down.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby SportsAreLife » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:15 am

grizz wrote:I really can't see them making it to the ship this year. Yeah so what, they were class AAA, but look at Beulah this year in bball. They were expected to be in the state game, but they didn't even make it out of regionals. I just learned to not be scared of schools who drop down.

That is a very good point. They lost in the first round of regions to a team they should have beat. No offense to Beach.
SportsAreLife

Postby Roughrider » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:48 pm

Since your talking about was it a good move. im wondering why Bowman is moving from A to AA. I think this is horrible. I dont think they are going to win another game ever. except maybe standing rock
GO SIOUX GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Roughrider
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby SportsAreLife » Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:43 pm

Roughrider wrote:Since your talking about was it a good move. im wondering why Bowman is moving from A to AA. I think this is horrible. I dont think they are going to win another game ever. except maybe standing rock

What about Standing Rock moving up to AA that is probably an even worse move yet. The Bowman and Standing Rock game might even be a close game considering the score of it last year.
Last edited by SportsAreLife on Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SportsAreLife

Postby CoachG » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:05 am

Well, DL always did well in AAA. Even though they complained every year. Now they drop to AA. They are twice as big as most of the East schools. Their FB numbers are going to sky rocket and they have a lot of talent back. They will do GREAT! But things will not be as easy as they think.

Enough of picking on VC. It is not the Coach's fault, no numbers, no talent.
CoachG
CoachG
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndfootballwrestling » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:05 am

Coaching is a big part but support for coaches is another big part. When seniors play just because they are seniors,thats a problem. They have to earn nothing even when the underclassman knock the snot out of them, they still play. We've had a senior laughing while gettin pummeled, yank his @$$ off the field and play someone else. No talent I can't agree, but young talent won't bust through most seasoned veterans on the field. VC may not be a powerhouse but (hopefully) we'll see some sunny days this football season. :cool:
Last edited by ndfootballwrestling on Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
ndfootballwrestling

Postby Carl08 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:29 pm

VC has the numbers they just have a really sad athletic department  Their basketball teams are just as bad as their football team and would also lose if they went down a class
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Emo Philips
Carl08
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:08 pm

i think that if dl can keep the kids in the wieght room like they finally did last year they will make a big impact. they will have more kids then ever i gurantee that. there quaterback gutschmidt i think will be a big key to there season. i think he will make some big strides, he has a good quarterbak build and has a good arm. hopefully he can get himself in some camps and make a huge difference in the game. some other key postions will be there depth at the running back. casey byram very strong and good runner had some big runs last year and i think the line will be there to help out a lot more this year. sean ballard very fast and i mean very fast. he also has great strenght can put up 300 on the bench which is amazing at his size. and jared schmidt and mike whal both big strong kids looking to lead to the way throguh the whole. jason burdick will probably play a little running back for them to but will be looked at as there best reciever as there tight end , jared schmidt will also be there tight end. the biggest difference in the team this year will be there line they will have a big line with soem actually experience , i think they might have started 3 sophs last year at one point and a junior so hopefully they will be tuff

balla
NDPreps Rookie

Postby DeuceTrey » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:37 pm

balla wrote:i think that if dl can keep the kids in the wieght room like they finally did last year they will make a big impact. they will have more kids then ever i gurantee that. there quaterback gutschmidt i think will be a big key to there season. i think he will make some big strides, he has a good quarterbak build and has a good arm. hopefully he can get himself in some camps and make a huge difference in the game. some other key postions will be there depth at the running back. casey byram very strong and good runner had some big runs last year and i think the line will be there to help out a lot more this year. sean ballard very fast and i mean very fast. he also has great strenght can put up 300 on the bench which is amazing at his size. and jared schmidt and mike whal both big strong kids looking to lead to the way throguh the whole. jason burdick will probably play a little running back for them to but will be looked at as there best reciever as there tight end , jared schmidt will also be there tight end. the biggest difference in the team this year will be there line they will have a big line with soem actually experience , i think they might have started 3 sophs last year at one point and a junior so hopefully they will be tuff

so you have mastered the DL offense, but what about the other side of the ball. their defense is what they are going to be leaning on until they can get their offense going.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby FBFootball » Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:22 am

a lot of their defense was sophomores last year so if they can pick up where they left off at the end of last season (and their defense was REALLY GOOD towards the end of the season) they should do pretty good. the only thing that could be a problem is that they might not get it together in time because the first three games of the year will probably be the hardest
FBFootball
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Mandan » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:23 am

As far as Bowman and Standing Rock, they don't necessarily want to move up, but current school enrollment dictates that they move up. 

One thing that has not been clear to me, is the NDHSAA still going by only male enrollment when dividing schools into classes for football (like they did the last time they rearranged the classes before 2005 season) or did they go back to total school enrollment?
Mandan
NDPreps Starter

Return to AA