What team to expect big things from???

The teams in Class AA.

Postby grizz » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:44 am

You never know on this site. But.... he didnt really talk like a coach would. He was almost bragging his team up, which I think most coaches around here would have enough class not to do.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby hoops247 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:09 pm

I'm in complete agreement with what ndfbfan said - NO WAY Coach G is Scott Grochow - NO WAY!
hoops247
NDPreps Starter

Postby grizz » Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:48 pm

Im not disagreeing, I dont think it is either after what ndfbfan said, but what makes you so positive its not?
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby AAfootballfan » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:20 pm

grizz wrote:Im not disagreeing, I dont think it is either after what ndfbfan said, but what makes you so positive its not?

Ya what makes everyone so SURE its not him...look at alot of his posts they are about Rugby most of them and he said he is a fan of football in North Dakota...ya give me a break....I think their is a chance it is him i don't care what ND FAN thinks!
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby grizz » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:44 am

Alright CoachG, I'm gonna have to ask to see your liscense and registration please. haha
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby click clack moo » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:45 am

does anyone know yet who they think is going to win it all this year and who do u guys expect to be in the state championship game this year???
click clack moo
NDPreps Starter

Postby AAfootballfan » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:19 pm

Watford City vs. Trinity in the title game...ill take the wolves!
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby click clack moo » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:24 am

do you really think DT can make it to the championship again after all that they lost i dont know if that is possible but i would agree with the wolves being there.... but who elso do you guys think will be in the playoffs?
click clack moo
NDPreps Starter

Postby SWsportsfan » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:45 pm

With Dickinson Trinity having arguably the best coaching staff in the state? In a word. Yes.
SWsportsfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby dukefan32 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:49 pm

SWsportsfan wrote:With Dickinson Trinity having arguably the best coaching staff in the state? In a word. Yes.

Plus no matter how much they lose, they still get into the playoffs year after year.
dukefan32
NDPreps Starter

Postby click clack moo » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:38 pm

yeah i wouldnt doubt they they will be in the playoffs i just dont see them going all the way to the championship after all they do have good coaches but a young team
click clack moo
NDPreps Starter

Postby propel23 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:34 pm

AAfootballfan wrote:Watford City vs. Trinity in the title game...ill take the wolves!

are you going to be in the student section, sitting with the parents, with the old washed up alumni, or perhaps on the field because you are from watford....right?
propel23

Postby AAfootballfan » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:44 pm

propel23 wrote:
AAfootballfan wrote:Watford City vs. Trinity in the title game...ill take the wolves!

are you going to be in the student section, sitting with the parents, with the old washed up alumni, or perhaps on the field because you are from watford....right?

You bet im from WC and proud to say it!! And yes that would make me an alum...
Last edited by AAfootballfan on Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ball Till I Fall » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:52 am

What is Bottineau's football team gunna be like this coming yr?
Last edited by Ball Till I Fall on Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ball Till I Fall

Postby click clack moo » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:30 pm

so does anyone have and predictions about the title game except for WC vs DT??
click clack moo
NDPreps Starter

Postby dukefan32 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:57 pm

Ball Till I Fall wrote:What is Bottineau's football team gunna be like this coming yr?

Well they weren't really good last year, but I think they might have been pretty young. I think they might be an ok team this year, not great but ok team.
dukefan32
NDPreps Starter

Postby highschoolfbfan » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:08 pm

Hazen will be tough again...i see them making playoffs but for them to go to the championship its gonna take a lot of hard work for them
highschoolfbfan

Postby AAfootballfan » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:53 pm

SWsportsfan wrote:With Dickinson Trinity having arguably the best coaching staff in the state? In a word. Yes.

They do have a great coaching staff down there that keeps the kids in the weight room year in and year out which produces state title contenders on a yearly basis in the last decade that is for sure....But until Fridley retires in WC the wolves have the best staff!
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby scruffy » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:36 am

AAfootballfan I Agree!  In games where the talent level is close Watford City's staff will find a way to beat Trinity  almost every time.  They did it in the late 90's a couple of times in the playoffs and did it twice last season.  Even when Trinity had more talent on the field Watford always played tough and came close to pulling off the upset several times...
Last edited by scruffy on Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby click clack moo » Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:06 pm

so im taking it that most of you guys expect WC to be there again but who do you guys think they will be up against in the playoffs, and then in the championship if they make it there??
click clack moo
NDPreps Starter

Postby propel23 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:06 pm

can i ask why everyone thinks watford is going to be so good they lost both of their stud running backs and now are left with a very undersized one..then they have their quarterback returning which all he did was give the ball to samuelson and knutson and maybe occasionally throw a couple passes....whats so special??
propel23

Postby ndfbfan » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:49 pm

propel23 wrote:can i ask why everyone thinks watford is going to be so good they lost both of their stud running backs and now are left with a very undersized one..then they have their quarterback returning which all he did was give the ball to samuelson and knutson and maybe occasionally throw a couple passes....whats so special??

If you watched the state championship game, Fixen came in and might be better than Samuelson. He is a stud. Then you'll have their big tight end, and Skarsud (sp??) who was a beast. Of course, instead of Wold making unbelievable plays, Justin Shippman will be there. So if you really look at Watford City, they don't really lose, but they sure do reload with a lot of talent. They also had a couple young linemen, but if there is a weakness, it is along the line. However, the X factor in all of that is Coach Fridley. Watford will be there in the end, with Trinity, Beulah and Hazen along with them. Minot Ryan will be good, but still have to prove they can get over the hump and even make it into the playoffs.
ndfbfan

Postby propel23 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:41 am

ndfbfan wrote:
propel23 wrote:can i ask why everyone thinks watford is going to be so good they lost both of their stud running backs and now are left with a very undersized one..then they have their quarterback returning which all he did was give the ball to samuelson and knutson and maybe occasionally throw a couple passes....whats so special??

If you watched the state championship game, Fixen came in and might be better than Samuelson. He is a stud. Then you'll have their big tight end, and Skarsud (sp??) who was a beast. Of course, instead of Wold making unbelievable plays, Justin Shippman will be there. So if you really look at Watford City, they don't really lose, but they sure do reload with a lot of talent. They also had a couple young linemen, but if there is a weakness, it is along the line. However, the X factor in all of that is Coach Fridley. Watford will be there in the end, with Trinity, Beulah and Hazen along with them. Minot Ryan will be good, but still have to prove they can get over the hump and even make it into the playoffs.

fixen is not better than samuelson....and yea they do have a good tight end and shipman will be  a good reciever but its AA football teams dont throw that much
propel23

Postby ndfbfan » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:51 pm

Interesting observation Propel. Is this coming from a player/fan or coach?? Just curious because from a coach's standpoint, Fixen has the potential to be better than Samuellson. He runs harder, and may be quicker and faster. You are right about teams not throwing much. However, knowing Coach Fridley, he'll utilize every weapon he has and if that means throwing to get Shipman the ball, he will do it. I just think WC has too much firepower not to repeat. Time will tell
ndfbfan

Postby propel23 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:08 pm

well having played both of them and samuelson the last 2 years samuelson was way more ellusive and found a way to get by you with sharp cut backs and i remebered him jumping over guys on the ground and managing to stay up and not get layed out when in the air and always found a way to find a whole and also what helped samuelson alot was knutson they had in my opinoin the best back field in AA football last year and if its just fixen back there and not another stud like samuelson had beside him it makes it alot more easier for defenses to concentrate on him knowing that they want to give him the ball
propel23

PreviousNext

Return to AA