What team to expect big things from???

The teams in Class AA.

Postby AAfootballfan » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:59 pm

propel23 wrote:well having played both of them and samuelson the last 2 years samuelson was way more ellusive and found a way to get by you with sharp cut backs and i remebered him jumping over guys on the ground and managing to stay up and not get layed out when in the air and always found a way to find a whole and also what helped samuelson alot was knutson they had in my opinoin the best back field in AA football last year and if its just fixen back there and not another stud like samuelson had beside him it makes it alot more easier for defenses to concentrate on him knowing that they want to give him the ball

Trust me Fixen will have another good compliment to him in the backfield in Ty Skarda.  Don't know if anyone remembers him but he was a key wing back type player on offense and a heck of a linebacker last year for the Wolves...expect big things from him this year if he stays healthy...
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfbfan » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:33 pm

Thank you. I mentioned him in a previous post but got his name a little wrong. That is the guy I was trying to mention to Propel. That guy was a beast. Knudson was good, but this kid if I remember correctly was maybe 200 pounds and could move and hit like a ton. So yes, I believe WC will have a better backfield this coming year. I think Samuelson was a good back, but sometimes he simply tried to beat you to the corner rather than hit the hole hard, and if you kept in your lanes, you could take away the cutback and he'd try to go backwards and lose yards. Kind of like Barry Sanders did in the NFL. (in no way Barry Sanders, but similiar style lol)
ndfbfan

Postby AAfootballfan » Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:51 pm

propel23 wrote:can i ask why everyone thinks watford is going to be so good they lost both of their stud running backs and now are left with a very undersized one..then they have their quarterback returning which all he did was give the ball to samuelson and knutson and maybe occasionally throw a couple passes....whats so special??

Ya Propel all Sanford did was handoff that is kinda comical to me.  You obviously didn't watch many of there games then last year.  He had over 15 touchdown passes and threw one in the state semi-final game against Rugby and one for over 40 yds in the title game. Yes I realize they ran more than they passed, but who passes more in AA than runs??? Coach Fridley is a smash mouth football type coach and then will pass when the opportunity presents itself when the defense starts to play the run.  And as for Fixen being undersized?? He is the same size as Samuelson, but faster! I would watch what you say Propel, you might get ran over at Fridley Field this fall where it is always tough to win!
Last edited by AAfootballfan on Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby magic715 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:38 pm

AAfootballfan wrote:
propel23 wrote:can i ask why everyone thinks watford is going to be so good they lost both of their stud running backs and now are left with a very undersized one..then they have their quarterback returning which all he did was give the ball to samuelson and knutson and maybe occasionally throw a couple passes....whats so special??

Ya Propel all Sanford did was handoff that is kinda comical to me.  You obviously didn't watch many of there games then last year.  He had over 15 touchdown passes and threw one in the state semi-final game against Rugby and one for over 40 yds in the title game. Yes I realize they ran more than they passed, but who passes more in AA than runs??? Coach Fridley is a smash mouth football type coach and then will pass when the opportunity presents itself when the defense starts to play the run.  And as for Fixen being undersized?? He is the same size as Samuelson, but faster! I would watch what you say Propel, you might get ran over at Fridley Field this fall where it is always tough to win!

All i can say is this is very juvenile, grow up , wait for the games , then one of you can talk. GEEZZ
magic715

Postby football101 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:19 am

Hazen vs Devils Lake 
click clack moo wrote:does anyone know yet who they think is going to win it all this year and who do u guys expect to be in the state championship game this year???
football101
NDPreps Starter

Postby c-man50 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:11 pm

Roughrider wrote:
grizz wrote:Trinity lost 20 of their 22 starters. But they had a lot of guys getting time who didnt start. A couple guys filling in here and there when the starters were hurt or tired or whatever. I'm not gonna say weither they are gonna be good or bad because either way, ill get chewed out by someone

U really cant sleep on Trinity. They have a great coach in Randy Gordon who has some state titles and he knows how to coach. It doesnt matter who they lose they always have some kids coming up that will make the team great. Its the same way with their basketball team, they just find ways to win with any players that they have.

actually ya it does ur probably from trinity anyway
c-man50

Previous

Return to AA